Stranglehold for $9.99 Best Buy YMMV!!

My BB did something really strange, there is a table of games near the front with "50% All Red Dot Clearance Games" and they have a pile of games. (They FINALLY put prices on them, I swear they didn't move for MONTHS because no one had any clue how much stuff cost, even with 50% off). Then, back in the games section, they have some games that have red dots, but with "clearance" price tags on the shelf ("Reg. $24.99 - Clearance - $12.50"). I grabbed a few and the CSR agreed the red dot meant 50% off the price they ring up as and overrode all the games.

I have no idea if that's what they meant it to do, but keep an eye out for red dot clearances all over the place.

[quote name='Luckychunk']So, because of this thread, I totally went to Best Buy with the intention of getting a copy of Stranglehold. I totally went there, and I totally had the last copy in my hands. It was marked as a Manager's Special for 11.99, and I totally didn't want it anymore. So I put it back, and left.

So I come home, right? And I totally went and reviewed the shit outta this game online. Everyone likes it. So, of course, I'm liek, shaq-fu it, I'm going back there, totally expecting that the lone copy will be snagged, and a single heart shall be broken.

But, check this -- it was TOTALLY sitting there, just like waiting for me. Holy Shaq, right?

So I bring it up to the counter, and this is where it gets interesting -- it wasn't 11.99, oh no -- it was TOTALLY 9.99! I know!

But the savings don't just end there, my friends -- Mr. Luckychunk had 5 SHAQQIN' DOLLARS of BB Reward Certs, burning a dang ole hole in yonder pocket.

I used the HELL outta that cert, mang.

BANG

$4.99.

Holy Shaq.

How does he do it? I know, right? It's like, karma.

So fer liek 5 bucks and some crappy tax, I gots me a Hold of some Strangle.

(I see whut you did there)

So yeah, dumbass thread is now over.
[/over]

p.s. Thanks OP![/quote]
like totally where are you from, why do you totally talk/spell like that??? just a friendly question, like just totally wondering

It was tagged $11.99 at the BB in Greenville, SC. I passed as I've already played through it (totally worth $12 if you haven't).

I did, however, get Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution PS2 for $1.99. There were about 3-4 more copies too.

If I see the PS3 version in the wild for $9.99 I'll bite just for Hard Boiled on Blu-ray.

[quote name='shadowkast']like totally where are you from, why do you totally talk/spell like that??? just a friendly question, like just totally wondering[/QUOTE]

Midwest.

I call it "mindless comedic writing". I do it from time to time to break up the monotony of my e-existence here.

Did you not read
"So yeah, dumbass thread is now over.
[/over]" ???

[quote name='zymase']If I see the PS3 version in the wild for $9.99 I'll bite just for Hard Boiled on Blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother -- Hard Boiled is not really "hi-def" even though it's on a Blu-Ray disc.

[quote name='jscme']Somebody else from Little Rock? Wow. I guess I will be heading to Best Buy today then.[/quote]

Did you get it bro? Like I said, they had a lot copies on the shelf when I picked mine up. Hope you did.

Picked up a copy at Ann Arbor, MI BestBuy.

They still had 4~5 copies of regular edition ($9.99) and LE ($19.99) left.

The best part was that they let me use Bugles BB coupon and got the regular edition for $7.

1204302143982_p18_5.jpg

[quote name='manthing']Found this at the Eagan, MN BB.

Weird thing was there were 2 tag inserts, one said $11.99, the other said $9.99[/QUOTE]

the one on yandle doodle?

Wow, someone else from Eagan!
Ya, its on Yankee Doodle Road.

I got my copy for $10 there today. My store usually never has most of the deals posted here, so I assume most stores have these if they are still in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back