Strategy First Adventure Pack: 5 Games - $4.95 - Jack Keane, Ankh, more!

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal. Shows as $84.95 until you enter the discount code on the shopping cart page, so don't be scared off.

Has anyone played these games? I remember eying The Abbey back when it was released. For $5, what the hell, I suppose.

1302277505-22.jpg

I'd buy that for a dollar (a game)!

Thanks again for the love Seamoss. As always, let us know what type of deals you are looking for and we will try to accommodate.

I can't find the information anywhere on the site (might be overlooking it):

I assume all of the games are DRM free?

How long after purchase does one have to download the game(s)?

Can you download multiple times (IE - download again in a year if you get an new PC)?

Thanks

[quote name='SFgames']Thanks again for the love Seamoss. As always, let us know what type of deals you are looking for and we will try to accommodate.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']I can't find the information anywhere on the site (might be overlooking it):

I assume all of the games are DRM free?

How long after purchase does one have to download the game(s)?

Can you download multiple times (IE - download again in a year if you get an new PC)?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I bought this pack this morning. For each game you receive an email with a download link from which you get a setup.exe. I installed all the games and no DRM was apparent (i.e. no serials, online auth, etc.) I tried re-downloading a game twice without any problems, but I have no idea how long the links will stay active (a year is a long time...) so if you buy the pack, download the games and save the setup files (burn to media).

FYI, I play a lot of adventure games, and here's where I get most of my reviews in case anyone wants to look these games up:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/index.php
http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/

Great, thanks for the info.

So as a adventure gaming "expert", would you give this deal a thumbs up / neutral / or thumbs down? :)

Thanks again

[quote name='seamoss']I bought this pack this morning. For each game you receive an email with a download link from which you get a setup.exe. I installed all the games and no DRM was apparent (i.e. no serials, online auth, etc.) I tried re-downloading a game twice without any problems, but I have no idea how long the links will stay active (a year is a long time...) so if you buy the pack, download the games and save the setup files (burn to media).

FYI, I play a lot of adventure games, and here's where I get most of my reviews in case anyone wants to look these games up:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/index.php
http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']So as a adventure gaming "expert", would you give this deal a thumbs up / neutral / or thumbs down? :)[/QUOTE]

Hey! What's with the quotes around "expert"? :lol:

Seriously though, they all seem to be 3-4 star games (out of 5). I haven't played any of them but based on what I've read on the review sites I listed above, I would say that this pack is definitely worth $5 (for five games). I already own Jack Keane from the Telltale charity sale last year (backlog item #147...) and I still bought the pack.

[quote name='Retro Legends']Is this a one day only sale?[/QUOTE]

OP updated with date in SF newsletter: Offer valid until may 17th 2011

Haha. Sorry about the quotes. You're an expert in my book, so I'm going for it and purchasing the package.

Thanks again

[quote name='seamoss']Hey! What's with the quotes around "expert"? :lol:

Seriously though, they all seem to be 3-4 star games (out of 5). I haven't played any of them but based on what I've read on the review sites I listed above, I would say that this pack is definitely worth $5 (for five games). I already own Jack Keane from the Telltale charity sale last year (backlog item #147...) and I still bought the pack.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone had a problem with downloading the games? I was able to get three of them without any problem, but when I try and download Ankh 2 & 3 I get this message:

Cannot download

This product is no longer available for download, this may be due to the maximum number of allowed attempts exceeded or the allotted time.
Please contact the manufacturer of the product for support.

I have sent an email to Strategy First's support, but was curious if it was just me.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Has anyone had a problem with downloading the games? I was able to get three of them without any problem, but when I try and download Ankh 2 & 3 I get this message:

Cannot download

This product is no longer available for download, this may be due to the maximum number of allowed attempts exceeded or the allotted time.
Please contact the manufacturer of the product for support.

I have sent an email to Strategy First's support, but was curious if it was just me.[/QUOTE]

I just tried to re-download the games and I'm getting the same error for all of them.
Either something's broken, or the download time limit is less than 24 hours which is obviously ridiculous.

Please let us know what SF support says.

SFgames, any help with this?

[quote name='seamoss']I just tried to re-download the games and I'm getting the same error for all of them.
Either something's broken, or the download time limit is less than 24 hours which is obviously ridiculous.

SFgames, any help with this?[/QUOTE]
I'll definitely post as soon as I hear back. I put in a request with the company they're using for the downloads, too (Plimus).

[quote name='seamoss']I just tried to re-download the games and I'm getting the same error for all of them.

SFgames, any help with this?[/QUOTE]

I will get in touch with the person who takes care of this ASAP. I actually asked for confirmation about the time to download and was told it was set to the max possible with Plimus, just waiting on confirmation for what that is. Don't worry though, anyone that made a purchase will get their games.

[quote name='SFgames']I will get in touch with the person who takes care of this ASAP. I actually asked for confirmation about the time to download and was told it was set to the max possible with Plimus, just waiting on confirmation for what that is. Don't worry though, anyone that made a purchase will get their games.[/QUOTE]
Thank you!

So there is an issue with Plimus that Strategy First is trying to work out with the Plimus engineers. In the meantime, if anyone is unable to get their downloads, just send an email to [email protected] with the reference number and you will get an email with functioning download links. Otherwise, you can always post here and I'll try to answer/get answers for any questions.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Thank you![/QUOTE]

No problem. If you still haven't received an email with functioning download links, send me a PM with your email and I will follow up.

bread's done
Back