Strategy First "Take No Prisoners Strategy Pack" - 20 Games for $9.99

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Strategy First are having a sale on their Take No Prisoners Strategy Pack. This normally costs $223.99 but is currently discounted to $69.99.

Even better, with the coupon code [highlight]TNPSALE[/highlight] at checkout, the pack gets discounted down to [highlight]$9.99[/highlight]!

The pack contains some pretty decent games:

• 1/20 Alliance: Future Combat
  • 2/20 Combat Mission: Barbarosa To Berlin
  • 3/20 Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
  • 4/20 DarkStar One
  • 5/20 Disciples II: Gallean's Return
  • 6/20 Disciples II: Rise Of The Elves Gold
  • 7/20 GODS: Lands of Infinity Special Edition
  • 8/20 Jagged Alliance 2: Gold Pack
  • 9/20 Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
  • 10/20 O.R.B.: Off-World Resource Base
  • 11/20 Patrician III: Rise of the Hanse
  • 12/20 Port Royale 2
  • 13/20 Sacred Gold
  • 14/20 Space Empires IV Deluxe
  • 15/20 Space Empires: Star Fury
  • 16/20 Strategic Command: European Theater
  • 17/20 Strategic Command 2: Blitzkrieg
  • 18/20 Tortuga: Pirates of the New World
  • 19/20 Tortuga: Two Treasures
  • 20/20 World War II: Frontline Command
I own at least a quarter of these games (Disciples, Patrician, etc.) and this is still a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dragonsbane']Steam activate-able?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it since they try to sell you an "Extended Download Warranty" on checkout for $4.95:

"This product is eligible for our Extended Download Warranty, for an additional cost we'll keep a back-up copy of your digital files should you need to re-download them for any reason."

So if you go for this, download and backup everything (twice!)

Just a warning. Most of this games are hardcore strategy games. And I can't stress the hardcore part enough. I love them but it might turn lot of people away.

[quote name='Camre']Loved Disciples 2, very nice art too.[/QUOTE]

Same here - unfortunately I just got the Gold edition from GamersGate for $2.49:

Disciples 2 Gold

As far as I can see, this includes all the Disciples 2 expansions ever released - great value if you like the game.

[quote name='seamoss']Same here - unfortunately I just got the Gold edition from GamersGate for $2.49:

Disciples 2 Gold

As far as I can see, this includes all the Disciples 2 expansions ever released - great value if you like the game.[/QUOTE]

Now that is a deal! At least for Disciples fans, heh. Was checking out some of the games (at least the ones I could find) on some video sites, and while some games seem interesting, at least half look to be mediocre/crap.

Just bought the Disciples 2 from GG.

Impressive collection, there.

Jagged Alliance is a classic, from what I hear.
ORB and DarkStar One are OK.
Port Royale 2 is one I've seen around and wanted to try.

It's a scary thought to think how many hours this $10 would take you to play through if you turned out to like most of these games.

Contemplating this deal... but I gotta say, Strategy First's store turns me right off. Can I only download the games once off their site, and if I lose it then that's that, no way to get it back again from their store? I mean, damn this deal is good (although I'm only interested in half the games in the bundle), but I'm pretty hesitant due to how the store works.

Can anyone who has purchased this bundle comment on the downloader/client and the DRM, if any? There's absolutely no information on the Strategy First web site and a search on the gog.com forums turns up a couple of unfavorable posts about past Strategy First experiences.

They email you links to download from. I'm only doing them one at a time, because of the $$$ to redownload. Also dl speed of 113kps. Rawr. Not sure of the DRM, but as I see it, I have a legitimate license to do what I want with.

[quote name='Trelow']They email you links to download from. I'm only doing them one at a time, because of the $$$ to redownload. Also dl speed of 113kps. Rawr. Not sure of the DRM, but as I see it, I have a legitimate license to do what I want with.[/QUOTE]
How long do the links last for?

And I guess I shouldn't be too upset if I ever lose them... I can always obtain them through... um... other means. You're just buying the licenses right?

At least one of these (Dark Star One) downloads via a downloader. I have 6 of the others done/downloading and that's the only one so far. The rest are all straight EXE's.

Awesome Find OP. One of the best bangs for your buck since the AoE 3 deal.

I have downloaded and installed several and they do appear DRM
free. I installed them on an offline computer without any trouble.
There is always a chance they require online activation after
X hours of use or something, but that seems unlikely.
The ones I have tried:

• Combat Mission: Barbarosa To Berlin
  • O.R.B.: Off-World Resource Base
  • Patrician III: Rise of the Hanse
  • Sacred Gold
  • Space Empires IV Deluxe
  • Strategic Command: European Theater
  • Strategic Command 2: Blitzkrieg
  • Tortuga: Pirates of the New World
I was not able to get Combat Mission: Barbarosa To Berlin
to run correctly due to video problems, but the others seemed
playable in a quick try.

Awesome deal.
I was contemplating rebuying Jagged Alliance since I've lost my original.

*Edit*
Download warranty? After I buy, I can only download once?

For the price its a great deal. Bought and I figured I'd buy the download warranty since its only five dollars and with the price discount isn't as bad.

I'm not done downloading everything yet but you guys should have about 20-25 gigs free on your hard drive to download everything.

Just completed all my downloads and it's taking up 16.2 GB according to Windows 7. Two games, Darkstar One and Tortuga Two Treasures, uses their own downloader which are really slow. Sadly both of them account for 6.44 GB of the toal 16.2. All other game uses Amazon's hosting service with very fast download speeds.

2 games, Sacred and Gods Lands of Infinity, comes with a license key and I don't see any DRM at all yet. But I could be wrong about that.

And it would be wise to create a separate folder for each game since lot of installers aren't labeled with the game name, and some games use the exact same file name.

bread's done
Back