Streaming and Recording Gameplay - I need a device.

HeroOfTime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I own www.weknowgames.com, and I am trying to find a decently priced option for Streaming and Recording gameplay for video reviews and events and such. I've been doing research, and until earlier today I thought my best option would be to use the Hauppauge HD PVR 1212, but the more I researched it I discovered it's not the best for streaming.

I would PREFER to use uStream for my events and live streaming, and this particular device doesn't do that well. Recording? It supposedly works great. Streaming? Not so much.

SO: Does anyone have a device they use that does both streaming and recording particularly well? I'm looking for something that doesn't cost much, because WeKnowGames doesn't make any money yet - nor do I plan for it to support anything other than itself for the foreseeable future.

Any suggestions, mates?

And also, I don't have a super-awesome computer, so I'm trying to stay away from capture cards and stick with plug-in USB devices. I know they're not the best but I'm trying to do what I can with what I got.

I just got that card last week it's nice. the main selling point of it is it doesn't tax the system to record pc games with like fraps or dxtory would. so far i can tell a big difference! there is a lot of things nice about that card but it's still new and some of the software on teh streaming sid eis buggy so stuff like xsplit is still need to stream good.

but whatever type of pvr you decide to get, make sure the software has a HD preview window such as showbiz, total media extra or the recenter software from that card above, because especially for consoles that preview window is what's needed for the streaming software(xsplit or FLME+SCFH) to capture images and stream for ya. :)

you're also going to need to honestly get sony vegas pro too. it's 600$ but i'll just state that most youtubers dont get it by legit means.

bread's done
Back