Street Fighter 15th Anniversary Arcade Stick - $29.99 @ EB

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Saw this today when I went to get the DoA 4 stick... I've waited for a price drop on this FOREVER, this is the perfect price.

Picked up the last one in Port Richey, remember this stick was an EB exclusive.

[quote name='spamfree2']I wonder if this arcade stick is PSX compatible. I have PSX--->USB adapter. That would be sweet.[/QUOTE]

It should be. I recall PS2 controllers working on a PS1 so this should be fine...

Picked up a second one with credit from trade-in +$10 bonus promotion ( too bad it ends on the July 31st. This is pretty sweet deal. This one was stashed in the back ... Good thing I asked them to double check on the phone..:D

Now I got a set.. Time for some @sskicking!

I know this is pointless, but I called every EB in the state (no kidding) and none have any in stock, SO if anyone has an extra or finds one in store, PM me and we'll work something out with PayPal + shipping + CML or something.

[quote name='foundation']I know this is pointless, but I called every EB in the state (no kidding) and none have any in stock, SO if anyone has an extra or finds one in store, PM me and we'll work something out with PayPal + shipping + CML or something.[/quote]

Yo man do you post on SRK? If so what is your nickname there?

On topic, I swear I saw one at the mall in Tucson only about a month ago. I'll check again...

Called more than a dozen EB in north NJ, finally scored one.
The box is already smashed, hopefully the stick itself will work.
Now where did I put that spare set of Happs parts?

[quote name='Blade70']I can't find any in my area, so can anybody recomend me where I can buy a Arcade stick (PS2) under $50.[/quote]

The TK5 for $50
Ask sears to PM outpost.com

[quote name='minmao']The TK5 for $50
Ask sears to PM outpost.com[/quote]

So the Tekken Stick will work well with other fighter Series?

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']On topic, I swear I saw one at the mall in Tucson only about a month ago. I'll check again...[/quote]

Tucson, AZ? Last week I went to acouple EB's/GS's (also both stores in the Tucson Mall) and none of them had one. I haven't checked the Park Place mall and any other EB near the southern parts of Tucson. So if you happen to see an extra stick laying around PM me!

Anyone here get this and have issues with the ps2 part? First I tried it on my ps2 and it didn't work, then I tried it again today and it'll work but on occasion it will become "unplugged" and then plug back in but I can't do anything in the game. The only cure for this is unplugging it and plugging it back in.

I called my EB Games and they said they had one, but it was 59.99. Is this YMMV, or do they just need to scan it for the new price to show up?

[quote name='Roufuss']From what I've heard, it was worth it when it was $49.99... I used one at a friends house, and its decent. Not tournament worthy or anything, but an excellent stick for casual play, and way better than most of the other shit on the market at EB / GS.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely worth it if you plan to gut it and put higher-grade parts in it. Even if you don't though, $30 is a great deal. I paid for it when the first price drop hit ($50) and it was well worth it. Looks fantastic.

Well, mine works now and boy am I glad. I've been playing ridiculous amounts of Capcom Vs SNK 2, fighting games are so much better with an arcade stick.

i just got one from ledgwood,nj. I like it, but two of my buttons come out. I use it for street fighter alpha collection, soul caliber III, and the capcom classics. it works fine, besides the 2 buttons coming out.

I picked one of these up last weekend hoping to use it with my PC. Unfortunately I can't get it to work using my PS2->USB adapter. Has anyone else tried this and had it work?

It works fairly well on my PS2, but one of the buttons doesn't respond all the time. I want to replace all the controls with Happ controls, hopefully that will fix it.

[quote name='hector031']I picked one of these up last weekend hoping to use it with my PC. Unfortunately I can't get it to work using my PS2->USB adapter. Has anyone else tried this and had it work?
[/quote] It doesn't work with mine either. I'll have to try my Tekken 5 stick to see if that works.

EDIT: Nevermind, it works. My adapter wasn't plugged in.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']It doesn't work with mine either. I'll have to try my Tekken 5 stick to see if that works.

EDIT: Nevermind, it works. My adapter wasn't plugged in.[/QUOTE]

What drivers are you using for the PS2/USB adapter? It seem works fine on both my xbox and PS2, but as soon as I try it with the PS2/USB adapter it doesn't work.

[quote name='hector031']What drivers are you using for the PS2/USB adapter? It seem works fine on both my xbox and PS2, but as soon as I try it with the PS2/USB adapter it doesn't work.[/quote]
I'm not using any drivers. I bought my PS2/USB adapter on ebay. It's the one with 2 controller ports.
Did you go into default game settings and select enable joystick under the controller tab? And did you configure the control settings ingame?

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']I'm not using any drivers. I bought my PS2/USB adapter on ebay. It's the one with 2 controller ports.
Did you go into default game settings and select enable joystick under the controller tab? And did you configure the control settings ingame?[/QUOTE]

My regular PS2 controllers work fine when I use the adapter, so I'm guessing it's something either my adapter isn't compatible with the SF stick, or the stick is broken.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Checked two ebgames, neither had the arcade stick. If anybody can get one for me, I'll pay them $40 shipped for it.[/QUOTE]

Dude.. shipping + tax is more then 10 dollars, no ones going to sell it to you for that.

[quote name='Heyricochet']Dude.. shipping + tax is more then 10 dollars, no ones going to sell it to you for that.[/quote]
shipping alone might cost that much, I mean the price he wants to pay

[quote name='Heyricochet']Dude.. shipping + tax is more then 10 dollars, no ones going to sell it to you for that.[/QUOTE]
Dude.. I wasn't thinking when I said that.

[quote name='minmao']shipping alone might cost that much, I mean the price he wants to pay[/QUOTE]
I've been spoiled with cheap shipping.. I work at fedex and get 75%+ off shipping.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I've been spoiled with cheap shipping.. I work at fedex and get 75%+ off shipping.[/quote]

if you find someone with an extra stick, you should mail them a self addressed fedex label then. Then you can buy the stick from them for whatever price, and you can pay for the shipping to you ahead of time.

damn, all the shops i checked in miami are already sold out... and the mrs ok'ed this purchase.... help a truly poor cag out someone! i've been dying for this stick to drop in price forever!

I ran in EB today looking for some penny guides and one was laying in the middle of the floor! Sure the box was dilapidated, but i grabbed it for 29.99 none the less.

I just picked up the stick from my local EB. Now to mod it for use on the 360 and put in those better buttons and stick...

Just picked one up. There is still one left out on the floor at the Downtown Sacramento store.

I want to do the 360 mod, but I don't want to buy an expensive 360 controller and hack it (although hacking and making a wireless arcade stick would probably really kick ass). There has to be a better way (like converting the OG Xbox connector over to a 360 usb).

The Happ parts are tempting too, definitely.

I picked one up, but it didn't have the box. It only came with the manual, but if anyone wants it for $30 + shipping e-mail me at [email protected] or message me on here. I only used it once...but it does have a couple nicks from sitting in the back room of EB for awhile.

I just got the Tekken 5 one for $49 from Fry's. Pretty crappy IMHO. The stick it's too loose. Buttons don't feel good. I thought Hori stuff was supposed to be good.
I guess I'm gonna return it and keep looking for the SF one. It's cheaper and I hope better than the Tekken one.

[quote name='Freshone']Just picked one up. There is still one left out on the floor at the Downtown Sacramento store.

I want to do the 360 mod, but I don't want to buy an expensive 360 controller and hack it (although hacking and making a wireless arcade stick would probably really kick ass). There has to be a better way (like converting the OG Xbox connector over to a 360 usb).

The Happ parts are tempting too, definitely.[/QUOTE]
wanna pick it up for me???

[quote name='SniperREX']I just got the Tekken 5 one for $49 from Fry's. Pretty crappy IMHO. The stick it's too loose. Buttons don't feel good. I thought Hori stuff was supposed to be good.
I guess I'm gonna return it and keep looking for the SF one. It's cheaper and I hope better than the Tekken one.[/quote]

That Tekken stick is top notch. The 'loose' stick is really just a precision stick. Once you get used to it, you'll never want to go back to a Happ stick.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']That Tekken stick is top notch. The 'loose' stick is really just a precision stick. Once you get used to it, you'll never want to go back to a Happ stick.[/quote]

I guess it's a matter of taste. I tried a little bit of Street Fighter Alpha and it was too hard to do Hadooken and Shoryuken.
I like tight stick. They are more precise and allow to do special moves faster than loose ones.
The ball on top of the stick it's huge and keep on rotating. I find it annoying.
You didn't say anything about the buttons. You can't deny that they feel cheap.

I read other guys on this forum saying that Happ parts are very good.

[quote name='SniperREX']I guess it's a matter of taste. I tried a little bit of Street Fighter Alpha and it was too hard to do Hadooken and Shoryuken.
I like tight stick. They are more precise and allow to do special moves faster than loose ones.
The ball on top of the stick it's huge and keep on rotating. I find it annoying.
You didn't say anything about the buttons. You can't deny that they feel cheap.

I read other guys on this forum saying that Happ parts are very good.[/quote]
Happ buttons are the best, as far as I'm concerned. I've played with Happ and Sanwa buttons and the Happ Competitions have a much more solid feel than the Sanwas. People will say that Sanwa buttons are better, but unless I'm playing a shmup, I disagree.

My personal stick is a modded Red Octane with Happ competition buttons and a Sanwa JLW battop :cool:

SniperREX you don realize it is a sqaure gate right? Meaning you might thinking your using at 8 weight octagonal which is why it might be hard to pull of fireball moves. Overall that is the best stick you will get in a USA market otherwise unless you plan to mod it. IMO it's perfect for tekken.

[quote name='CaoPi']SniperREX you don realize it is a sqaure gate right? Meaning you might thinking your using at 8 weight octagonal which is why it might be hard to pull of fireball moves. Overall that is the best stick you will get in a USA market otherwise unless you plan to mod it. IMO it's perfect for tekken.[/quote]

I don't get the first part of your reply.

Anyway I just played some Tekken 5. It's pretty good with this game :). I did also fireball moves with ease. I'm confused. I still don't like the feel of this arcade stick though.

CaoPi Pm'ed me that the Tekken one is better than the SFII Anniversary one. Anybody else confirm that?

Anybody knows the X-Arcade stick? You know the one that has 2 player controls on the same base. My local Fry's has only the trackball one know :(. It's $99 for the single player one and $129 for the 2 player one +$19 for PS2/1 adapter.
I remember I tried it once a couple of years ago. I thought it was good but too pricey. I wasn't playing many BEU at that time. So I passed.

[quote name='SniperREX']

Anybody knows the X-Arcade stick? You know the one that has 2 player controls on the same base. My local Fry's has only the trackball one know :(. It's $99 for the single player one and $129 for the 2 player one +$19 for PS2/1 adapter.
I remember I tried it once a couple of years ago. I thought it was good but too pricey. I wasn't playing many BEU at that time. So I passed.[/quote]
NEVER get the X-arcade stick. They suck big time.
If you really want quality/competition sticks, I would definitly import a Hori one from Japan, they're better than the Tekken 5 one that came out in the states.

Has anyone here ordered from Happ?

I ordered some stuff, but the final page didn't show a shipping price. Nor did they e-mail me confirmation of the order.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']NEVER get the X-arcade stick. They suck big time.
If you really want quality/competition sticks, I would definitly import a Hori one from Japan, they're better than the Tekken 5 one that came out in the states.[/quote]

Thx for the info.

I might do that. My little brother is gonna come home soon from Japan :D. I guess there is no Hori stick for 360. Is the DOA4 one a Hori? Is it the only one fro 360?

Great deal! I bought one earlier today. The box was starting to fall apart but the stick was new so I had to grab it. :)

A huge thank you, Roufuss! Now I can finally bring my search for a decent Xbox Arcade Stick to an end.

[quote name='SniperREX']Thx for the info.

I might do that. My little brother is gonna come home soon from Japan :D. I guess there is no Hori stick for 360. Is the DOA4 one a Hori? Is it the only one fro 360?[/quote]
Yes, it is a Hori, and it is the only one for the 360 right now. From what I read, I heard it's really similar to the Tekken 5 one.

bread's done
Back