Street Fighter 4 TE Stick - Buy.com Xbox 360 PREORDER $163.38 SHIPPED

orthetic

CAGiversary!
Buy.com just put up a pre-order for the Tournament Stick. Xbox 360 Version PREORDER $163.38 SHIPPED

Xbox 360 http://www.buy.com/prod/osf-iv-fightstick-x360-tourn/q/loc/108/210674151.html

Playstation 3 http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=210674142&loc=108

I have received my Tournament Edition from Buy.com!! It was a 7-day turn-around for me from placing the pre-order to receiving the shipped notification.

If you are interested in seeing unboxing pics, please check out here:
http://www.ragingforce.com/index.ph...-stick-unboxing&catid=39:daily-blog&Itemid=59

Good luck all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much what greyzieoriental said. I play the TE on my lap as well and it puts my right leg to sleep after awhile lol.

Otherwise my only concern is durability in the long run ie 2-3 years of abuse for what I paid for in a TE, or atleast another TE like release by then to replace my current TE. The SE buttons need some work because not everyone wants to open up their sticks and mod them no matter how simple they are to mod. I know people with Hori EX2s from DOA4 that are still working to this day with fair use so the SE shouldn't be any different.

[quote name='MarkMan']Yes, that's one very big benefit to using a stick that clicks. You KNOW it's working.

Also! Anyone have any comments on the product after they tried them out? Gimme some background info... I like to hear about things so I can hope to further improve the design of future sticks.[/quote]
I'm sure these things have been said over at SRK, but since I stopped checking the TE/SE thread once I got mine (back in March, but I guess it can never be too late to leave feedback ;)) I'll post here.

The flap for the cord housing does seem like the most likely piece to break out of the whole product. Are there any plans to offer the sale of replacements for people that them? Mine is still fine, but I'm sure there will be an accidental drop, or alcohol induced improper opening of the flap that may cause issues.

The only other thing I can think of is putting a lock switch on the sticks for the back (select) and start buttons on future models. I may buy another one down the line that comes with this as I have never soldered in my life. Even though the walk-through that ShinJN made was extremely detailed and well done, I don't want my TE to be the first (or even second hah) thing I attempt to solder if I ever getting around to learn how to do so.

Other than that, these sticks are nasty awesome. Great job on them Mark :bow:

[quote name='greyzieoriental']

Also question MM, do you prefer a ball top or a bat top?[/quote]

Thanks for the comments. I actually prefer ball, I'm used to it. I can use either or, but when most sticks have balls, I gotta conform. ;)

[quote name='Traitorious']I'm sure these things have been said over at SRK, but since I stopped checking the TE/SE thread once I got mine (back in March, but I guess it can never be too late to leave feedback ;)) I'll post here.

The flap for the cord housing does seem like the most likely piece to break out of the whole product. Are there any plans to offer the sale of replacements for people that them? Mine is still fine, but I'm sure there will be an accidental drop, or alcohol induced improper opening of the flap that may cause issues.

The only other thing I can think of is putting a lock switch on the sticks for the back (select) and start buttons on future models. I may buy another one down the line that comes with this as I have never soldered in my life. Even though the walk-through that ShinJN made was extremely detailed and well done, I don't want my TE to be the first (or even second hah) thing I attempt to solder if I ever getting around to learn how to do so.

Other than that, these sticks are nasty awesome. Great job on them Mark :bow:[/quote]

Thanks for the comments as well! I actually think the cable door is pretty damn sturdy. What do the rest of you think? If you drop it, that is not covered by the warranty. But call Mad Catz tech support anyways, I'm sure they will always try to help. They are very helpful.

---

All, the sticks are meant to be played in the orientation you want them to be in. I feel that the SE and TE sticks both work well in your lap or on a table. Obviously there are some differences due to size and overall shape. But it doesn't make things impossible and it is simply a case of adjusting and getting used to it.

I hope you guys enjoy this stick, and I hope it gets you addicted to them(like I am)! Please look forward to future sticks. ;)

Just to let people know, I placed an order on April 29th and got my TE stick for PS3 this morning...so have faith those who are on backorder buy.com is actually filling their orders.

Just wondering are there any strings attached for the buy.com CC like fees or anything? If it's no strings attached it doesn't hurt to get it just for the 30 off.......

[quote name='erli']Just wondering are there any strings attached for the buy.com CC like fees or anything? If it's no strings attached it doesn't hurt to get it just for the 30 off.......[/QUOTE]

people don't like it b/c it's another CC... hurt your credit and blah blah blah. However, if it's approved, there's that $30, no string attached (use the card of course)... It's weak sauce, but hey, it helps on $150. That's if i get approved and (big and) the TE stick will be shipped.

You could probably do better if you're signing up for a credit card promo. I think there are other credit cards that are offering at least $50 for signing up. Look around before you commit.

The sticks are still difficult to find? I got mine from Amazon for $132 with overnight shipping. Tehehe.

Yeah, they're still really hard to find, I regret not wanting a stick earlier and preordering.............

[quote name='iflabs']You could probably do better if you're signing up for a credit card promo. I think there are other credit cards that are offering at least $50 for signing up. Look around before you commit.

The sticks are still difficult to find? I got mine from Amazon for $132 with overnight shipping. Tehehe.[/QUOTE]

$132? Nice...

It's still hard to find, but yeah, GS has them again (PS3, but that's what i want anyway).

So... if i'm not getting the buy.com CC approved (taking too long, it's been only two days :)) i probably go with GS....

I've gotten 3x 360 TE sticks since April, I guess you just have to be online at the right time. I got 2 from Gamestop.com and 1 from Buy.com. I also got 1x 360 SE from buy.com for a friend.

It feels great to have an arcade experience in your home. My PC is hooked up to my TV by HDMI, I may look into that MAME thing...

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I've gotten 3x 360 TE sticks since April, I guess you just have to be online at the right time. I got 2 from Gamestop.com and 1 from Buy.com. I also got 1x 360 SE from buy.com for a friend.

It feels great to have an arcade experience in your home. My PC is hooked up to my TV by HDMI, I may look into that MAME thing...[/QUOTE]

why so many dude? did you resell the others or something?

[quote name='CaoPi']why so many dude? did you resell the others or something?[/QUOTE]

I still have all 3 TE's.

Two for personal use (one I have with all red Sanwas and the other I have Clear Seimitsus).
And when friends come over and we happen to play SFIV or any fighting game, no crying about an unfair advantage.
The 3rd one I may just keep sealed for collector's purposes, I did buy it for a friend but they might not be interested in it anymore.

Also there's MvsC2 coming for those sticks and plenty of 2 player XBLA games. Raiden IV is coming, I just bought Raiden Fighters Aces, waiting for Blazblue, Tekken 6, and maybe KoFXII.

Am I the only person that isn't 100% satisfied?

I feel like joystick has very "small" room to rotate.

Compare to the normal xbox360 joystick .. the rotation of analog stick .. the TE is very small. Thus it makes it hard for me to pull certain moves.

Remembering those days in asia, I remember most of the joystick has bigger rotation space, BUT this TE has really small rotation space.

Also, i know my TE rotation is diagonal, was the first batch a full circle?

[quote name='revivalizt']Am I the only person that isn't 100% satisfied?

I feel like joystick has very "small" room to rotate.

Compare to the normal xbox360 joystick .. the rotation of analog stick .. the TE is very small. Thus it makes it hard for me to pull certain moves.
Remembering those days in asia, I remember most of the joystick has bigger rotation space, BUT this TE has really small rotation space.

Also, i know my TE rotation is diagonal, was the first batch a full circle?[/QUOTE]

Hope this makes sense:
The stick has a ball, connected to a shaft, some stuff in between, and at the bottom has a gate

The TE stick has a square gate [ ]
I believe, US Arcades use a Circle gate O

All the TE's use a square gate because it is supposed to be designed with the thought of a Japanese SFIV arcade cabinet which uses Sanwa parts.
If you want a different shape gate, either Octagon or Circle, you will have to order one, open your stick up with a 3mm hex key and switch it out. (extremely easy)

lizardlick.com or look for some other site
Sanwa GT-0 Round Restrictor Plate
sanwa_gt0.jpg
Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor Plate
sanwa_gty.jpg

After owning a Hori EX 2 and a SE stick, you'll learn to appreciate this stick.
I say get use to it and enjoy it, or return/sell it and get your money back.
I think Madcatz did an amazing job and I haven't purchased a Madcatz device since the N64 days.

How does it make it too easy? If it was actually square then you would have a more difficult time holding it in just the right position against the flatness of the side. I guess to each his own.

anyone know if the buy.com warn in stock by email actually works? I clicked on both warn me when in stock for ps3 te and xbox360 te but when nowinstock says buy.com is out of stock of the te sticks I neverget a warning from buy.com that they were in stock to begin with.

bread's done
Back