Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - PS2 or Xbox?

Slash914

CAGiversary!
After watching a few 3rd Strike videos and reading many times that it's considered to be one of the best, if not the best, fighting games ever, I'm probably gonna cave in and get the Anniversary Collection on Amazon or ebay this week.

Does anybody have this on PS2 / PS3 or Xbox / 360, and have any thoughts on which is the better version? I'm inclined to get the PS2 version due to the d-pad, and the fact that online's not a big issue for me. Also, as the PS2 version lacks progressive scan, does anyone have thoughts on how the game looks on an HDTV?

Thanks.

I also think the PS2 version is a bit more common than the XBox version, so it will be easier to find. Every Toys R Us I go to has a whole stack of them.

But the Xbox version is backwards compatible, I say get it for whatever system you're getting SFIV on

$14.99 used at GS, order online and use some coupons to bring it down

The PS2 version is supposed to be slightly more accurate than the Xbox version.

It's also worth noting that if you play the Xbox version on the 360, the emulation is kinda shitty.

I need to go grab this again since my copy got broke by my cousin. I was not pressed but after that daigo(ken parry chun li video) video again got me hype all over again.

Get the Xbox version if you own an Xbox360. Online play makes that game worth every penny but since you don't care about that then get whatever is cheaper.

Just a note, Circuit City was selling the PS2 version for $12.99 so it would be like $6.50 now if you can find one. My CC had a ton of copies at the beginning of the liquidation, though they were all gone last time I dropped in.

It looks fine through component cables on my HDTV. Not amazing, but better than a lot of PS2 games.

[quote name='Jangofatt']Get the Xbox version if you own an Xbox360. Online play makes that game worth every penny but since you don't care about that then get whatever is cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Nobody plays TS on live anymore since 4 came out. That really makes me sad.

Im probably one of the only few who would still rather play Third Strike than 4. But dont get me wrong, I still think SF IV is amazing but it doesnt captivate me as much as T.S.

I have both ver. Xbox and PS 2. PS 2 is def emu better but if you can find a match on Live with the Xbox ver. than your real money.

Not surprising that TS play on Live is way down with SF4 out, but give it time...SF4 is new so it's getting all the attention. Some people may go back once the honeymoon with the newer game is over.

Wow thanks for the replies everyone. In the end I opted for PS2 as I prefer the d-pad.. I'll be playing it on my PS3 though. Looking forward to parrying some super arts.

bread's done
Back