Street Fighter Arcade SE Fightstick.

Ghostakuma7

CAG Veteran
i have the chance to get an arcade fightstick tomorrow when i get paid, im wondering if i should, i have a fightpad, but i feel that the stick is more sought after and i think it would be interesting if i got used to it, id like opinions and thoughts on the fightstick, if anyone already has one please im open to discussion. =D

It's worth it, but you should know a couple of things before hand.

1.) The madcatz SE stick is fine, but the buttons really start to fail you after a few weeks of use (they'll get stuck, be unresponsive). You will have to order some sanwa replacements for around $15 and install them yourself (not that difficult, just a pain).

2.) You will suck if you've never used a stick before. It may take a few weeks to get used to it, and maybe even longer than that to return to the level you were at with the pad. This can frustrate some people. Just keep practicing motions in training, I wouldn't play online because you'll just piss yourself off.

After all that though, it really starts to pay off and you'll love it. I bought an SE and replaced the buttons and it works fine for me. The SE is cheap and it works well -- especially if you don't want to go all out on your first stick purchase.

However, I am now very tempted to upgrade to a TE or something =D

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's worth it, but you should know a couple of things before hand.

1.) The madcatz SE stick is fine, but the buttons really start to fail you after a few weeks of use (they'll get stuck, be unresponsive). You will have to order some sanwa replacements for around $15 and install them yourself (not that difficult, just a pain).

2.) You will suck if you've never used a stick before. It may take a few weeks to get used to it, and maybe even longer than that to return to the level you were at with the pad. This can frustrate some people. Just keep practicing motions in training, I wouldn't play online because you'll just piss yourself off.

After all that though, it really starts to pay off and you'll love it. I bought an SE and replaced the buttons and it works fine for me. The SE is cheap and it works well -- especially if you don't want to go all out on your first stick purchase.

However, I am now very tempted to upgrade to a TE or something =D[/QUOTE]

All out? You don't go all out nothing if you get a store bought one. Custom made baby. HAPP FOR LIFE.

[quote name='R1V3R5']Happ? Ewwww. Sanwa > Happ

Of course, I prefer japanese arcade cabs and their layouts.[/QUOTE]

Limp Japanese sticks? You heathen. How dare you offend me with your flippant shenanigans. Happ is superior to Sanwa in Marvel VS Capcom and all circular motions. Sanwa is only better on charge characters.

The SE stick should be fine as a "starter" stick, especially since you can snag one on the cheap.

I myself prefer pads by miles, but like you mentioned, the sticks are more widely used among tournament players.

And the stick is not going to fail on you that quickly as people say, but if you're an avid player of fighters, try looking at some intro level sticks by HORI as I personally think they're the best bang for your cheapassgamer buck. :cool:

I have a first-run stock SE stick with about 140 hours of play on it, and it's working flawlessly still. It's not as cheap as standard Mad Catz fare, and if you take care of your stuff, it won't break easily.

I've got an SE and a TE.

The SE has been upgraded. In the end the TE is the one you want, unless you like upgrading.

plus the TE is now 100 on amazon.

i got it, and i do suck Terribly, but i know its going to be trial and error, im contemplating switching characters all together. not sure yet.

[quote name='Paco']Limp Japanese sticks? You heathen. How dare you offend me with your flippant shenanigans. Happ is superior to Sanwa in Marvel VS Capcom and all circular motions. Sanwa is only better on charge characters.[/QUOTE]

If you had a 360 then we would settle this on the battlefield, good sir.

[quote name='Paco']Limp Japanese sticks? You heathen. How dare you offend me with your flippant shenanigans. Happ is superior to Sanwa in Marvel VS Capcom and all circular motions. Sanwa is only better on charge characters.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've never seen anyone play Marvel with a balltop joystick.

I swing both joysticks effectively, so I don't care.

*pause*

[quote name='R1V3R5']If you had a 360 then we would settle this on the battlefield, good sir.[/QUOTE]

My Response to you

America.jpg

bread's done
Back