Street Fighter IV (360 & PS3) Price Drop $40

Well he may have not said it in a nice way but it is true...playing online teaches you patience so that you arent going all out and leaving yourself open to get beat badly.

It's the same thing as playing Madden online(against legit good people), it frustrates you but hey you gotta give it up when someone is better.

SFIV is awesome, I waited for the CE 50% off at BBY and got the last two copies for me and my friend. $40 was well worth it($60 would have been to actually)

[quote name='PhrostByte']If you don't have this game yet, you suck.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather play something better :p Such as 3rd Strike.

Buy hey, once it gets to $20 I may pick it up again. Thanks OP.

[quote name='R1V3R5']Rumor has it that the game will be officially revealed to players at this year's Super Battle Opera (Tougeki), which takes place from August 14 - 16.[/QUOTE]

In that case, I'll wait. If a rerelease happens, I'd prefer to go with that - especially if included DLC like, say, certain overpriced costume unlocks. ;)

At this point, I know I'll get my ass beaten online over and over again to the point where it ceases to be fun, since I didn't get the game at launch and I've been away from fighting games for so long.

Does anybody else have bad luck with the online mode on the PS3 version? I'm getting more errors than I'm actually getting into games, and it usually only finds two players at a time, usually with really poor connections.

[quote name='morphineseason']Does anybody else have bad luck with the online mode on the PS3 version? I'm getting more errors than I'm actually getting into games, and it usually only finds two players at a time, usually with really poor connections.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case I may hold off on picking this up. It seems interesting, but the $40 is still a little high for me (I'm not a die hard fighting game fan at all). If the online is having issues right now then I'll wait for another price drop and hopefully they'll have worked out some kinks. I can wait all I want for this game to go down to $20 one way or another (if it drops a little more and a coupon is out at the same time). I'm not dieing to own it and I have some other games I'd rather spend money on in front of this.

[quote name='morphineseason']Does anybody else have bad luck with the online mode on the PS3 version? I'm getting more errors than I'm actually getting into games, and it usually only finds two players at a time, usually with really poor connections.[/QUOTE]

No problems here, been playing it for months.

This sorry POS still hasn't hit the clearance bin yet? I'll pass until it is around 10-15 bucks. I was really looking forward to this game when it was announced, yet after buying it at a GS B2G1 sale around a week or two after launch, I was utterly disappointed and returned it for Resident Evil 5 within a few days. This game is way overhyped and Soul Calibur 4 owns it all day, everyday. Don't get me wrong. It is a good fighter and somewhat fun at certain points. Its just no where near the "uber godly greatest fighter ever" like some people try to say it is. No im not here to start an argument. Just stating my opinion on this steamy pile. My recommendation is to pick up SC4 for 10 bucks, buy SSF2 HD Remix for 10 (Maybe 15?)bucks and spend the rest of the money on something useful like Kentucky Fried Chicken or a pet rock. Thanks for reading. Remember hugs not drugs

[quote name='loc0bob']This sorry POS still hasn't hit the clearance bin yet? I'll pass until it is around 10-15 bucks. I was really looking forward to this game when it was announced, yet after buying it at a GS B2G1 sale around a week or two after launch, I was utterly disappointed and returned it for Resident Evil 5 within a few days. This game is way overhyped and Soul Calibur 4 owns it all day, everyday. Don't get me wrong. It is a good fighter and somewhat fun at certain points. Its just no where near the "uber godly greatest fighter ever" like some people try to say it is. No im not here to start an argument. Just stating my opinion on this steamy pile. My recommendation is to pick up SC4 for 10 bucks, buy SSF2 HD Remix for 10 (Maybe 15?)bucks and spend the rest of the money on something useful like Kentucky Fried Chicken or a pet rock. Thanks for reading. Remember hugs not drugs[/QUOTE]

SC4 is quite a bit different than this. They are still fighters, but they are different kinds of fighters. I enjoyed SC4, though. Got the full 1000 out of it.

Also, I prefer the Street Fighter/Guilty Gear style of fighting game rather than the Soul Calibur/Virtua Fighter style. It's just personal preference.

just read a post on SD that the following games are gonna be part of a sale starting i think the 28th these are the following games for the sale SFIV is $19.99 dont know the price of the others but so far a few people have mentioned it will be $19.99
Street Fighter IV -$19.99 (thanks to 12345654321 from SD)
Animal Crossing
Excitebots
Fear 2
MadWorld
Silent Hill: HC
Wii Music
Wario Land:Shake It

[quote name='joker______']just read a post on SD that the following games are gonna be part of a sale starting i think the 28th these are the following games for the sale SFIV is $19.99 dont know the price of the others but so far a few people have mentioned it will be $19.99
Street Fighter IV -$19.99 (thanks to 12345654321 from SD)
Animal Crossing
Excitebots
Fear 2
MadWorld
Silent Hill: HC
Wii Music
Wario Land:Shake It[/QUOTE]

You just saved me money, I should check slickdeals more often.

bread's done
Back