Street Fighter IV - $53.99 shipped from Buy.com (360/PS3)

Nice deal! Now I just have to decide if I want to spring for the CE. :s I'm going to be buying either an arcade stick or the SFIV fightpad as well since I bought SFII HD remix and realized I suck with the standard PS3 controller's d-pad. :( Hell of a lot of money spent on Street Fighter! I better get decent at it!

I know I'm in the minority...but I just don't "get" fighting brawlers. *shrug* They're just boring games where you slam on the buttons as fast as possible in hopes Ryu goes "HIROJUKSUN!" or whatever.

[quote name='bassec']I know I'm in the minority...but I just don't "get" fighting brawlers. *shrug* They're just boring games where you slam on the buttons as fast as possible in hopes Ryu goes "HIROJUKSUN!" or whatever.[/quote]

... You obviously haven't played them that much then.

[quote name='bassec']I know I'm in the minority...but I just don't "get" fighting brawlers. *shrug* They're just boring games where you slam on the buttons as fast as possible in hopes Ryu goes "HIROJUKSUN!" or whatever.[/QUOTE]

They're the deepest, most strategic competitive games available (well, the Street Fighter and Virtua Fighter series, at least), regardless of genre (although StarCraft is pretty close).

Sure, you can randomly slam buttons and wiggle the stick and maybe you'll beat someone else doing the same, but that's true of any game.

It is unfortunate that you need someone of a somewhat close level of skill to play against, of course, and that fighters can't handle latency nearly as well as other genres, making online play worthless outside of a limited area. :(

[quote name='bassec']I know I'm in the minority...but I just don't "get" fighting brawlers. *shrug* They're just boring games where you slam on the buttons as fast as possible in hopes Ryu goes "HIROJUKSUN!" or whatever.[/quote]

It's because you didn't bother learning how to play the game. It's not for everyone because they don't see the reward in that kind of competitive play and they automatically label it as button mashing.

Quick question. Do you get it the day it comes out or do you have to wait for it a few days after it's release date? Because on their site it says: Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives!

[quote name='SSJGodzilla']Quick question. Do you get it the day it comes out or do you have to wait for it a few days after it's release date? Because on their site it says: Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives![/quote]

:) Hee hee. I'm pretty sure that's just their way of making it sound nice. No where does it really even remotely claim we'll be getting it the day it comes out, though, of course, you're right for sort of jumping to that conclusion.

It says we'll be "one of the first" to get it "when it arrives". Skeptically speaking, I'm sure that means it arrives, then they send it to us. We'll still be some of the first, but folks who go to stores and grab it will be, er... firster than we are.

Actually, when I ordered, I chose free shipping, so not only will I not be getting it on launch day, I'll be waiting 5-6 days for delivery, and that's not even counting how much merry time they take to ship it!

Ah well.

Thanks OP, waslooking for it
2.gif

[quote name='emagius']They're the deepest, most strategic competitive games available (well, the Street Fighter and Virtua Fighter series, at least), regardless of genre (although StarCraft is pretty close).

Sure, you can randomly slam buttons and wiggle the stick and maybe you'll beat someone else doing the same, but that's true of any game.

It is unfortunate that you need someone of a somewhat close level of skill to play against, of course, and that fighters can't handle latency nearly as well as other genres, making online play worthless outside of a limited area. :([/quote]

Sorry, had to LoL at this. I like fighters as much as anyone but to say that they are more strategic then Starcraft? LoL.

Has anyone's even shipped yet? I can't even log into my Shaq-Fuing account. And it greets me as "jesse.watso" (name's Watson) and says it has no account under me when I put in my e-mail address. Odd, since they sent me an e-mail confirming my order to that same address. I haven't heard from them since.

Thumbs way freaking down.

Ah, it's not out yet. Amazon.com says it ships on the 17th. I was confused by a new story saying it sold 80k on its first day. Maybe it came out earlier in Japan or something.

Still can't log into my account, though.....

The tax takes it up to 58 for me. I preordered from Newegg. It was 56.99 free shipping and no tax! + cashback will bring it down to about 55. I have preordered games from Newegg before and they ship very fast. I usually get the game between 2 - 3 days from the release date.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Has anyone's even shipped yet? I can't even log into my Shaq-Fuing account. And it greets me as "jesse.watso" (name's Watson) and says it has no account under me when I put in my e-mail address. Odd, since they sent me an e-mail confirming my order to that same address. I haven't heard from them since.

Thumbs way freaking down.

Ah, it's not out yet. Amazon.com says it ships on the 17th. I was confused by a new story saying it sold 80k on its first day. Maybe it came out earlier in Japan or something.

Still can't log into my account, though.....[/quote]

Did you checkout through Buy.com, google checkout, or paypal?

Thx OP.

Wasn't sure if I was going to get SF IV right away since I got the email from Capcom saying my TE stick was on backorder. $54 shipped, I can wait a few days since I have to play with D-Pad for a while. Eh, gives me time to run through the single player, then owning when I get my stick on Live. :p
Import98 on Live

This deal is old and still active. GG buy.com

buy.com free shipping is brutally long. If it's that joint UPS/USPS method, be prepared to wait until next week to be getting your copy.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']buy.com free shipping is brutally long. If it's that joint UPS/USPS method, be prepared to wait until next week to be getting your copy.[/quote]

This is very true. I ordered a game for my 360 from Buy on February 9th with budget shipping... haven't received it yet, even though it was in stock and ready to ship when I ordered, and I received shipping confirmation in less than 24hrs.

buy.com still hasn't shipped! makes me wonder if they even have it in stock, otherwise it'll be like amazon and their feb 19th shipping.

Mine still says 'in the shipping process' as well.
Hopefully I'll get mine before the weekend, otherwise I'll be super pissed and will most likely return the game to buy.com and keep the game that I will get on Friday so that I can play on the weekend.

I can't believe a Triple A game release is happening this early in the year. Publishers need not shove everything into the christmas season.

[quote name='Pinnacle']I can't believe a Triple A game release is happening this early in the year. Publishers need not shove everything into the christmas season.[/QUOTE]

i think capcom has too many great games coming out this year to be able to "shove everything into the christmas season." i am surprised that they'd release major titles like street fighter and re5 within a month of each other.

yea when I order from them usually their stuff gets shipped at day 1 but this is the first time I preordered anything from buy.com but...if it doesn't ship by tomorrow i'll just stop by best buy and cancel my order or return it if they won't let me cancel.

[quote name='juturnal']yea when I order from them usually their stuff gets shipped at day 1 but this is the first time I preordered anything from buy.com but...if it doesn't ship by tomorrow i'll just stop by best buy and cancel my order or return it if they won't let me cancel.[/quote]

I couldn't resist and stopped by GS yesterday to pick up the CE for 360. My order shows "processing" but that's it. I pre-ordered long ago and thought it would have at least shipped by now. I tried to cancel on the website but it did not give me that option. I guess I'll return it when I get it.

HAS ANYONE HERE EVER RETURNED SOMETHING TO BUY.COM? IF SO, WAS IT EASY OR A HASSLE?

[quote name='emeraldgsl']HAS ANYONE HERE EVER RETURNED SOMETHING TO BUY.COM? IF SO, WAS IT EASY OR A HASSLE?[/QUOTE]

well what I was planning on doing and you can possibly do is, once you receive the game from buy.com just return that one to gamestop and you keep the game for the buy.com price.

[quote name='juturnal']well what I was planning on doing and you can possibly do is, once you receive the game from buy.com just return that one to gamestop and you keep the game for the buy.com price.[/quote]

Good idea! Hopefully it arrives before Gamestop 7 day return policy is over. At least, I think that's their return policy on new unopened games?

Edit: just called GS and they said return policy is 30 days unopened. Great!

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Good idea! Hopefully it arrives before Gamestop 7 day return policy is over. At least, I think that's their return policy on new unopened games?

Edit: just called GS and they said return policy is 30 days unopened. Great![/quote]

but arent you going to OPEN that copy to play it before the buy.com copy arrives? Im kinda confused here.

[quote name='theloserboy']but arent you going to OPEN that copy to play it before the buy.com copy arrives? Im kinda confused here.[/quote]

I already opened the one from GS to play it. The one from Buy will be unopened when it arrives. Saves me the hassle of a return to Buy.com

I pre-ordered SF4 and RE5 from Buy.com a month ago - the lack of shipping so far has me thinking I should cancel my order for RE5, unless I want to play it a month after it comes out. I haven't even seen a pending charge come up on my credit card yet.

I wish this was like the Harry Potter books which Amazon was able to team up and have the books delivered on the release day (now only if that many million people were buying this game)

I ordered mine from them on the 25th and its still hasn't shipped.

This is really Capcoms fault, they underestimated the demand and gave online retailers the short end of the stick.

Wow the CE prices went through the roof. They're now $120+

The regular 360 version is the only one that's remaining "lower priced".

bread's done
Back