Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition (360) $134.99 at Amazon

I bought this Saturday with my 50% trade-in code and ECA code when it was $149.99. I did the math and using the $134.99 price I would have saved $2.00. I have no complaints about paying the "higher" price considering it only cost me $3.98 out of my pocket (instead of $2):drool:.

My order has shipped yesterday (on sunday, kinda wierd) but it scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I have SFIV and BlazBlue waiting for it :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

I don't know if I should get this. I have the 50% off promo but I am not a hardcore SF player. I don't even own SF 4 yet but I plan on getting it very soon. I don't know if I should get it. Any suggestions?

[quote name='Duckman5']I don't know if I should get this. I have the 50% off promo but I am not a hardcore SF player. I don't even own SF 4 yet but I plan on getting it very soon. I don't know if I should get it. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Depends, there are a lot of great suggestions for what to get with the 50% off code in one of the Amazon threads. I'd say go for whatever you think you'd use the most/the one with the best discount. If you want to play SFIV, then get the TE stick. If you prefer music games, get Rock Band Beatles. It's all a matter of personal taste.

[quote name='poet17eric']Could it have anything to do with MadCatz's "very limited" something or other that they will announce at EVO 2009? It is only a few days away, July 17-19. Link to article below.

http://shoryuken.com/?p=1439[/QUOTE]

[quote name='drock']Eh. What else can they realistically add since everything is already upgradable?

Nice deal, especially with ECA (luckily, hadn't used my code yet).[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping its an SE with 100% sanwa parts which should bring it in at a cheaper price than the TE :applause:

But if its just another TE with different artwork then its really nothing special. We can all do that easily. I'm guessing it will be MVC2 stick if thats the case.

wait a sec. What if its a wireless te? :drool:

[quote name='Japakneez']I'm hoping its an SE with 100% sanwa parts which should bring it in at a cheaper price than the TE :applause:

wait a sec. What if its a wireless te? :drool:[/QUOTE]

Both are pretty good options.

[quote name='Th3irdEyeBlind']Man. This sale must have killed the people that payed well over $200 for the stick. Sucks to be them...[/QUOTE]

Word, but at least they got to enjoy theirs before most of us did.
And those who got sticks free probably dont even give a sh*t about this sale, lucky sObS

Yall need to stop crying over that piece of crap...I bought one and it didn't even work right.... Yall spending all this money when you can wait a little longer and get Tekken 6 and a WIRELESS..yes...WIRELESS...fightstick....for the same price.....

[quote name='geogerf']good deal! let's see how much enthusiasm we have when the fightsticks stop working on you after only a few hours of play. :([/QUOTE]

uh... both of my sticks (one for 360, one for PS3) still work perfectly - even better, since they're 'broken in' - after 100+ hours on each.

[quote name='jmoney18']Yall need to stop crying over that piece of crap...I bought one and it didn't even work right.... Yall spending all this money when you can wait a little longer and get Tekken 6 and a WIRELESS..yes...WIRELESS...fightstick....for the same price.....[/QUOTE]

If wireless is better, then why is this and many others are wired? ;)

[quote name='Guerrilla']Glad they raised the price back up- I was tempted.[/QUOTE]

Wha? You sure you're a CAG? ;)

[quote name='jmoney18']Yall need to stop crying over that piece of crap...I bought one and it didn't even work right.... Yall spending all this money when you can wait a little longer and get Tekken 6 and a WIRELESS..yes...WIRELESS...fightstick....for the same price.....[/QUOTE]

I've had my TE since April and have had no problems at all.

Haha. This post alone proves you have no idea what you are talking about. Do some research on the Tournament Edition stick before you post again, mmmK?

Huh? My stick worked fine once I replaced the break away cable. Put in over 100+ hours into it I believe. Maybe more.

No wai d00d OMG!!! O_O Deal of the Century!!!

If anybody needs their Xbox 360 TE sticks modded to work with the PS3, I offer that service through my trade thread...

I don't actually own a TE myself; I should jump on this deal.

[quote name='eastx']If anybody needs their Xbox 360 TE sticks modded to work with the PS3, I offer that service through my trade thread...

I don't actually own a TE myself; I should jump on this deal.[/QUOTE]
Say what?! I thought you'd have at least 2 from how often I've seen you post at SRK :lol: or do you build your own? Cause that's even better :bouncy:

From easx's pics I've only seen the SE.

I may get another TE stick with the amazon 50% coupon.
Or maybe wait to see what the new LE stick from Madcatz is.
Did they say whether or not the Tekken 6 Wireless Hori had quick disconnects yet?

[quote name='geogerf']wireless = fail[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your astute commentary. CAG would be poorer place without you to guide us.

Too bad I missed out on this deal. The Fry's Electronics in Manhattan Beach, CA has at least 10+ of these for each system, along with the $79.99 standard edition. Thinking of picking up a second one myself; just a heads up for other SoCal CAGgers!

[quote name='Traitorious']Say what?! I thought you'd have at least 2 from how often I've seen you post at SRK :lol: or do you build your own? Cause that's even better :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Well say hello over there so I can give you some rep!

I had a PS3 TE stick when they first came out, but a friend of mine who only has a PS3 system needed a stick, so I hooked him up. But all this time I've had another unique piece of artwork and matching buttons waiting to go for a TE... Waiting sucks!
Lucky for me I get to mess around with TEs all the time from my modding service. ;)

(And wireless does not, in fact, suck. Anyone who says that in this day and age is either ignorant or too cheap to buy rechargeable batteries.)

Anyone know what the availability of these is like now in the States? I'm coming down from the Great White North for PAX and was thinking of smuggling some back up :p

[quote name='eastx']
(And wireless does not, in fact, suck. Anyone who says that in this day and age is either ignorant or too cheap to buy rechargeable batteries.)[/QUOTE]

I think the comments regarding wireless are directed at the fact that wired fightsticks are better than wireless fightsticks because there is no latency issue with wired fightsticks (the signal takes longer to transmit to the console via wireless). This probably only really matters to the real pros who might actually be able to tell when the response time is milliseconds slower than with a wired fightstick, but the issue is there regardless.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I think the comments regarding wireless are directed at the fact that wired fightsticks are better than wireless fightsticks because there is no latency issue with wired fightsticks (the signal takes longer to transmit to the console via wireless). This probably only really matters to the real pros who might actually be able to tell when the response time is milliseconds slower than with a wired fightstick, but the issue is there regardless.[/QUOTE]

That's why I said ignorant. You see, Markus Post, the developer of the Cthulhu and Imp boards and all around very talented engineer, has tested both the Xbox 360 wireless controller and the PS3 SixAxis in wireless mode. Neither controller has any detectable lag compared to wired controllers. Not a bit more than the official wired counterparts. So there's this misconception that wireless is laggy, but the truth is that wireless technology has improved and some of it definitely does not lag.

With all that said, we don't know yet if the Tekken wireless sticks are using MS and Sony's official wireless technology or a less effective kind. And JMoney's comment is still dumb because it's not like the Tekken sticks are going to use Sanwa parts, so their actual performance will be worse than a TE's unless you mod them.

[quote name='eastx']That's why I said ignorant. You see, Markus Post, the developer of the Cthulhu and Imp boards and all around very talented engineer, has tested both the Xbox 360 wireless controller and the PS3 SixAxis in wireless mode. Neither controller has any detectable lag compared to wired controllers. Not a bit more than the official wired counterparts. So there's this misconception that wireless is laggy, but the truth is that wireless technology has improved and some of it definitely does not lag.

With all that said, we don't know yet if the Tekken wireless sticks are using MS and Sony's official wireless technology or a less effective kind. And JMoney's comment is still dumb because it's not like the Tekken sticks are going to use Sanwa parts, so their actual performance will be worse than a TE's unless you mod them.[/QUOTE]

I have no experience with this testing you speak of, so that guy may be right. I have, however, seen the lag issue commented on by reliable news sites like IGN and Gamespot. Don't know if they're accurate, but there's definitely a portion of the gaming community that thinks wireless has lag when compared to wired.

It's pretty much a moot point anyway, because you can't choose between a TE stick with or without wires. Additionally, I highly doubt that the Tekken bundle fightstick will be of the same quality as the TE stick.

Is it true that both 360 and PS3 versions work on PC?

BTW, for anyone who missed on the deal, I can send you one since I have one for the PS3 and one for the 360 still sealed and I am planning to keep one and send the other back.

[quote name='mhnajjar']What is special about this? It is not as sexy as the original SF TE :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they're probably getting rid of inventory so that they can stock the new sticks?

I wonder if they'll be any cheaper since MadCatz won't have to pay Capcom a licensing fee?

[quote name='OGHowie']Yeah, but they're probably getting rid of inventory so that they can stock the new sticks?

I wonder if they'll be any cheaper since MadCatz won't have to pay Capcom a licensing fee?[/QUOTE]

According to joystiq.com, it would be the same price which is strange since there are no licensing fees as you have already mentioned!

[quote name='OGHowie']Yeah, but they're probably getting rid of inventory so that they can stock the new sticks?

I wonder if they'll be any cheaper since MadCatz won't have to pay Capcom a licensing fee?[/QUOTE]

The Play.com website shows them being $150. I'm sure play.com charges a bit more compared to other retailers. It could be cheaper without them having to pay licensing fee. But leaving it at the same price, will net more profits for them.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-77-4-49-en-70-3hcz.html

[quote name='jtdragon']How much to mod it to work on both XBOX 360 / PS3? I'd like to have this available for whichever system I have fighting games on.[/QUOTE]

Looking about $50-60 in parts if you don't have anything.

JtDragon check my trade thread if you're interested in having someone mod it for you. Just click the "CML" next to my iTrader rating.

BingoBrown, as I said, it doesn't matter what the general public thinks. People who know way more about electronics - me, and especially Marcus, of course - have established what I said about wireless technology earlier. You can stick your fingers in your ears or learn from more knowledgeable people.

Mhna, both versions work with PC, however the PS3 version has issues working with some PCs. There's more info about those issues in the Shoryuken Tech Talk forums.

[quote name='oasisboy']Is the PS3 stick finally backwards compatible with PS2 games? (60 gig ps3)[/QUOTE]

As of yet, no. Unless its changed within the last week, I couldn't play GG Accent Core at all with it because my 80GB PS3 wouldn't recognize it. It just goes dead when you start up a PS2 game.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']The sticks have dropped to $129.99. Just picked a 360 one up for $117 with ECA.[/QUOTE]

Damn, so tempted to get one for my PS3 too.

Not sure why though....

How long is the cord on this? Do I need to buy a cord extender with it? My couch is about a good 6-7 feet away from my tv.

Edit: Also, is this how online users pull of crazy combos every 2 seconds, with the turbo button. Everytime I play UMK3, I can't even move without getting pulverized with combos. Just wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back