Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition PS3/x360 $120 NO TAX/FREE S&H -Newegg

I was gonna post this, but it didn't seem like that much of a deal. It's only ten bucks off their regular price, and I'm sure you can find them cheaper than that.

EDIT: I did find them cheaper, but no free shipping. So this is an alright deal after all. Carry on.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I was gonna post this, but it didn't seem like that much of a deal. It's only ten bucks off their regular price, and I'm sure you can find them cheaper than that.

EDIT: I did find them cheaper, but no free shipping. So this is an alright deal after all. Carry on.[/QUOTE]

What are you smoking? Tes retail at $150 and there is free shipping on both sticks.. :whistle2:s

[quote name='Lorddraco07']What are you smoking? Tes retail at $150 and there is free shipping on both sticks.. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
$150 is retail but the usual suspects (Amazon, Newegg, etc.) have had the sticks for $129.99 for a while now. Still a good deal on a great stick.

I am waiting for the SUPER Street Fighter IV Tournamnet Fight Stick.

#1. New Character Art
#2. higher quality components
#3. Wireless

I think they're trying to get rid of their old stock of sticks before the new ones come in, and that's why so many places (like Amazon and Newegg) have dropped the prices on their sticks.

What do the new ones look like? I'm not crazy about the design on these.

Can you use the Xbox or Playstation ones on PC at least? (With no weirdness...like it just shows up as a normal controller with no extra drivers?)

[quote name='Wolfpup']What do the new ones look like? I'm not crazy about the design on these.

Can you use the Xbox or Playstation ones on PC at least? (With no weirdness...like it just shows up as a normal controller with no extra drivers?)[/QUOTE]
I'll see if I can find a picture later, but the new ones are pretty much all black. Entire casing is black, instead of white on the sides. The new artwork is a black background with greyish outlines of something (can't remember if its characters, or the words SFIV, or something else off the top of my head.) The only thing that stayed is the red bezel surrounding the top.

Edit - http://kotaku.com/5365066/mad-catz-street-fighter-iv-controllers-round-2/gallery/

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolfpup I'm pretty sure you already know about the driver situation, so I'm not sure why you asked. But as always, the 360 sticks will work automatically with Windows and the PS3 version won't work with some chipsets.

The new sticks are just different colors and art - all the features are the same. This is a great deal for people who want a top-of-the-line stick.

Eastx, what do you mean about the PS3 ones working with some chipsets? Like the drivers in Windows will work with it, but only if your computer has a certain chipset? But the Xbox ones work with any Vista computer? Maybe I should get an Xbox one and be done with it, since at least I'll be hitting two platforms...but as always I'm thinking how the vast majority of my fighting games are in Playstation format... Hmm...

And thanks for the link Traitorous! I don't know...I'm not crazy about the new design either. Not sure if I like it better or worse, it's just kind of "okay". For $150 (or $120), I wish I either liked the art, or it at least looked classy/generic. They're kind of dippy looking.

I keep wondering if they'll come out with more generic ones, or ones with better art, or something. I don't know for sure if I'll ever even play Street Fighter 4, as I love Alpha 2/3 (and like the graphics/art much better).

I pre-ordered Tekken 6 Collectors Edition with the wireless Hori Stick a while back when I got my 50% off Amazon code. I hope It's good or I'll just be selling that to get one of these XD

[quote name='Wolfpup']Eastx, what do you mean about the PS3 ones working with some chipsets? Like the drivers in Windows will work with it, but only if your computer has a certain chipset? But the Xbox ones work with any Vista computer? Maybe I should get an Xbox one and be done with it, since at least I'll be hitting two platforms...but as always I'm thinking how the vast majority of my fighting games are in Playstation format... Hmm...

And thanks for the link Traitorous! I don't know...I'm not crazy about the new design either. Not sure if I like it better or worse, it's just kind of "okay". For $150 (or $120), I wish I either liked the art, or it at least looked classy/generic. They're kind of dippy looking.

I keep wondering if they'll come out with more generic ones, or ones with better art, or something. I don't know for sure if I'll ever even play Street Fighter 4, as I love Alpha 2/3 (and like the graphics/art much better).[/QUOTE]
No prob.

I kinda wish the ones from San Diego Comic Con were the round 2 of the general public TE fightsticks. I thought that design was pretty cool. Too bad I was nowhere near SDCC though :(

Even though the Femme Fatale sticks from PAX were made available for online order for a bit, I wasn't to wild on that art either...Guess I'll just stick with my O.G. fightstick for now.

[quote name='ncc1701p']Right now at Frys this is $99.99 for both playforms. Good if you have a fry's near you.[/QUOTE]

Oh, thats awesome. I'll check my local Frys. Thanks!

[quote name='ncc1701p']Right now at Frys this is $99.99 for both playforms. Good if you have a fry's near you.[/QUOTE]

REALLY wanna sell my Hori Fight Stick 3 and get one of these badboys! But alas no Frys in Hawaii, and no free shipping to Hawaii from Newegg... :cry:

Bought mine last week when it was $130 lol, an amazing deal.

Anyone who cares about art will just mod their stick with the art they want anyway.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Eastx, what do you mean about the PS3 ones working with some chipsets? Like the drivers in Windows will work with it, but only if your computer has a certain chipset? But the Xbox ones work with any Vista computer? Maybe I should get an Xbox one and be done with it, since at least I'll be hitting two platforms...but as always I'm thinking how the vast majority of my fighting games are in Playstation format... Hmm...

And thanks for the link Traitorous! I don't know...I'm not crazy about the new design either. Not sure if I like it better or worse, it's just kind of "okay". For $150 (or $120), I wish I either liked the art, or it at least looked classy/generic. They're kind of dippy looking.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Wolf, that's what I meant. If you want PC compatibility, buying the PS3 version is a gamble.

Like Armads said, you can always change the art to something that suits you. It's not hard. Non-SF4, "generic" looking sticks are being released in Asian markets but not in the US. It's much cheaper to buy a US one and customize it to your liking.

You didn't have to install any special drivers for it? It just detected it?

I guess it makes sense the Xbox one would work without extra drivers 'cause Xbox 360 controller drivers are already built in to the OS, but there aren't Playstation 3 controller drivers built in.

[quote name='Wolfpup']You didn't have to install any special drivers for it? It just detected it? [/QUOTE]

No I didn't have to install any drivers, just plugged it into one of the USB ports and loaded Mame OSX up and it was reading the fight stick. This fight stick is awesome - I love it! I was going to get the Hori Pro 3 (Sanwa) that is coming out this month in the states - but decided to pick this one up a few months ago cause I didn't want to wait :p

[quote name='Shuino']I pre-ordered Tekken 6 Collectors Edition with the wireless Hori Stick a while back when I got my 50% off Amazon code. I hope It's good or I'll just be selling that to get one of these XD[/QUOTE]

I like the Hori sticks better too.

Hori sticks are almost universally worse for changing buttons or the joystick itself. They also use Hori's funky button layout, whereas the SF4 sticks use the real Viewlix arcade layout. But Hori has its fans...

I'm honestly impressed you know the NAME of a layout! :lol: All I know is "it has a ball joystick, it has a tapered joystick" :whistle2:D

bread's done
Back