Street Fighter IV Mad Catz Fightstick SE (PS3) at Frys.com

I'm wondering if I should bite... decisions, decisions.

Decided not to... with the cost of the upgrading on this stick I am just going to wait for the TE or the HRAP3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually saw an Xbox TE stick the other day at a gamecrazy. I thought about buying it to flip and get a PS3 TE later, but I know some poor college student is probably looking for one :)

I currently have the PS3 SE (actually i don't, its been shipped to Madcatz...you know why) but if I find a TE, I might pull the trigger because I really like the form factor and design of it. Although i think I'll end up putting in Sanwa parts in the SE later when I get it back. Might boost the resell value of it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos to Buy.com! On open orders they let cancel on a per-item basis via the web interface. Never seen that before. Frys, here I come.

[quote name='addicted2games']damn, I want the tournament stick.[/quote]

me too. Could you mod these? If so, I might be interested. Though I don't know how long they will last on the site.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']me too. Could you mod these? If so, I might be interested. Though I don't know how long they will last on the site.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can mod them!

We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience. It appears that the item(s) marked with "**" are no longer available or we have insufficient stock to fulfill your order; please try reducing the quantity of the marked item(s). For further assistance, please contact our Sales Department at 1-877-688-7678.

Boooooooo. And I already cancelled with Buy.com.

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']ah that sucks, even though the page says it's in stock, when you checkout, you get an out of stock message.[/quote]
A defect with the joystick (mine had one in fact, so I returned it to Amazon). However, I'm more than willing to give Madcatz a second chance, especially since I like the layout of the stick and can upgrade the joystick quite easily.

I have the 360 version of the SE stick. Its great. No real problems with it. I believe the problem some people were reporting were with the stick itself. Something about it sometimes getting stuck and not returning to the neutral position. Some people also complained about it being hard to do circle motion because of the square gate. I think those people were probably just noobs in the first place. Half circles, quarter circles, and 360s have been a breeze. So far so good (knock on wood).

Using a stick is light years ahead of a pad. I had the Fight Pad for about two weeks but sold it once I got the SE stick. I no longer have to rely on the iffy triggers to do PPP and KKK moves and ultras. Its a way better value than the pad IMO.

No it was a widespread problem, enough so that MadCatz issued a statement, and it had to do with a washer that moved out of place and was actually damaging the contacts.

[quote name='technole']I actually saw an Xbox TE stick the other day at a gamecrazy. I thought about buying it to flip and get a PS3 TE later, but I know some poor college student is probably looking for one :)[/quote]

JMO, you should have bought it and flipped it because since you didn't, someone else will likely come along and do it anyways snagging it before that imaginary "poor college student" ever finds it.;)

That stick is long gone now. The TE sticks are like GOLD.

[quote name='Xfactor4']JMO, you should have bought it and flipped it because since you didn't, someone else will likely come along and do it anyways snagging it before that imaginary "poor college student" ever finds it.;)

That stick is long gone now. The TE sticks are like GOLD.[/quote]

Just because I didn't in this case doesn't mean I have not done some flipping that was just as profitable ;) The problem is its also eating up my time. Time that could be used to play these awesome games.

Surprisingly the dude said the TE had been there for days. Which sounds about right for a town of that size. I believe if I didn't already have the SE, I'd jump over it because I said that right when SF4 came out I'd get either fight stick.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hah, the closest store that has it for me is like 2 hours away...
pixel.gif

[/quote]

Consider yourself lucky, Fry's suck anyways ::drool:

[quote name='TheSaint11']Consider yourself lucky, Fry's suck anyways ::drool:[/quote]

Yeah. Thanks for the input.

Anyway, I would call before I put a store pickup order. The site has no idea what inventory is actually like at the store.

[quote name='henhowc']I have the 360 version of the SE stick. Its great. No real problems with it. I believe the problem some people were reporting were with the stick itself. Something about it sometimes getting stuck and not returning to the neutral position. Some people also complained about it being hard to do circle motion because of the square gate. I think those people were probably just noobs in the first place. Half circles, quarter circles, and 360s have been a breeze. So far so good (knock on wood).

Using a stick is light years ahead of a pad. I had the Fight Pad for about two weeks but sold it once I got the SE stick. I no longer have to rely on the iffy triggers to do PPP and KKK moves and ultras. Its a way better value than the pad IMO.[/quote]

The fightpad doesn't have triggers.

I still think this SE fightstick is way too expensive.

I think the SE price is just right, at least for the PS3 ($10 less than Xbox360 version). The quality is pretty decent and a Sanwa-like stick is pretty good minus the sticking issue in the first batch.

[quote name='strdr4']The fightpad doesn't have triggers.

I still think this SE fightstick is way too expensive.[/quote]

The fight pads to have triggers. Their not analog triggers though... Just buttons.

This is not directly related to the Fightstick, but I went to my local Fry's in Woodland Hills, CA yesterday and they had some PS3 Fightpads in stock. If there are any cags in the area you should go ahead and pick one up.

bread's done
Back