Street Fighter IV Megathread!

KiKKoMaN85

CAG Veteran
So I got a chance to play this game at Comic Con 2k8... and let me tell you... it's AMAZING. It controls and plays like a dream, the new art style is crisp and beautiful... pure awesome.

The only potential problem I see is... there were tournaments held each day of the Con and it was rare to see one of the new fighters get used. Since the game plays like SFII on steroids, I'm hoping that people won't only use the classic characters. I'm sure that won't happen though, because Abel is GREAT!

Speaking of the tournament, my friend actually won on the first day with Zangief! The best part was, towards the end, SFIV producer Yoshinori Ono watched every match he played. When he won the whole thing, Producer Ono actually came up and challenged him! When my friend was invited for the final tourney on Sunday, we found out he was the only guy who go to player against Producer Ono! Here's a vid of that match!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M33mbIXjxXI

Nice video.

I got to play a bunch at Comic-Con too. Hope you're looking forward to the console version as it's going to be AWESOME.

I'm so jealous of people who get to play this game already...

I'm much more excited for this game than I was when it was first announced.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm so jealous of people who get to play this game already...

I'm much more excited for this game than I was when it was first announced.[/quote]

I really didn't care at first but Im getting more excited as time passes by. I'll probably go for whatever Collectors Edition they put out there.

[quote name='makstaks']I really didn't care at first but Im getting more excited as time passes by. I'll probably go for whatever Collectors Edition they put out there.[/QUOTE]

go to the official site to vote for what that bonus will be!

apparently if you live in LA, Capcom throws random 'basement' events for SF4.

As much as this looks awesome I'll probably pass. The 360's dpad is attocious, 2D fighters I can't play with the analog stick like I can 3D fighters and I'm just not willing to buy a controller for it as I just don't play fighting games enough these days. :(

I just watched the trailer and this does look damn impressive. I'm much more excited after seeing the game in action. Although I'm a little pissed that Cammy (And non-SF2 characters) isn't in it. She's rumored to be in the console version, right?

[quote name='GuardianE']Vote for her! If Cammy doesn't make it into SF4 Console Version, I might very well cry.[/QUOTE]
Where do I vote for characters? I voted for Playable/DLC content for the Collector's Edition, but I don't see poll for character voting.

i also got to rock some sf4 at comic con. the "floatiness" everyone mentions, but it didn't really bother me that much. i played zangief, and boy did they nerf the fuck out of spds. still, really fun and really exciting and if i didn't have all these panels i wanted to go to, all this stuff i wanted to buy, and all these people i wanted to meet, i'd probably stand in that 30 minute line all day over and over again to play.

that being said.. i still like 3s more, haha.

[quote name='KiKKoMaN85']cammy's alreayd been confirmed! at Comic Con, they showed a trailer featuring gameplay footage of cammy.[/QUOTE]
Cool! Is the video on the internet, and if not, do you know what outfit she was in?

From Kotaku:

"If you missed out on our liveblog of Yoshinori Ono's "The Making of Street Fighter IV" panel at Comic-Con — at which very little actual "making of" was discussed, you might not have caught wind of the multiple Cammy mentions made during the presentation. Seth Killian from Capcom mentioned about halfway through the panel that the petite British street fighter had won the popular vote for characters that would appear in the console versions of Street Fighter IV. That's probably a good sign.
Additionally, a brand new animated sequence shown at the conclusion of the panel showed off various Street Fighter mainstays, including considerable screen time for Cammy. The few-minute animation focused on her disbelief that the Shadaloo organization and M. Bison himself were dead.
While still not confirmed, it's looking very likely that Cammy will be one of the "New Challengers" to debut in the console versions, now under development at Capcom."

That's very exciting for me to hear. :)

eh it looks cool enough but i still wish someone would come out with a real 3d fighting game. aside from the 3d graphics whats new in the game or what makes it stad out from past games?

[quote name='lokizz']eh it looks cool enough but i still wish someone would come out with a real 3d fighting game. aside from the 3d graphics whats new in the game or what makes it stad out from past games?[/QUOTE]

You got Tekken 6 to look forward to. Also, VF5 and Soul Calibur IV to play right now.

bread's done
Back