Street Fighter IV PC Bundle w/MadCatz Fightpad - $34.99 shipped

SevereTireDamage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
55 (100%)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832233014

In response to some of the questions below:

The pad isn't the best d-pad I've ever used, but it's a great deal better than the default 360 d-pad and served me pretty well for a few hundred hours of SF IV, though I think it may be a bit wobbly now. The face button response and layout is great. At this price, including the game itself, I think it's definitely worth it. I didn't feel cheated having paid full price last year on release.

The key benefit is, like plugging in a 360 pad, the game will recognize it instantly and all the buttons will be mapped correctly and such. The Fightpad is USB and should work on the 360, pretty sure it's pretty much the same - there's even a toggle switch on the back to switch the D-pad mode to Analog.

It's a Ryu fightpad, I don't think any others were bundled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that pad any good? I haven't had any experience with one and would love to pick it up...also would/does it work with an Xbox 360?

[quote name='xdudeboy']Is that pad any good? I haven't had any experience with one and would love to pick it up...also would/does it work with an Xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

The pad is fantastic. I've been playing Street Figther religiously since the first SNES version of Street Fighter II, and I prefer playing with gamepads; that said, this MadCatz gamepad is about as solid as it gets. The d-pad is super responsive for all types of inputs, and the 6-button layout on the face is, of course, perfect for SF.

will the pad work on xbox since madcatz te and fightsticks work on pc?

looks like you can only get a ryu fightpad standard?

This is fantastic deal especially for anyone who is not getting SSFIV anytime soon. I got the game and fight pad for about 90 bucks, and I have no regrets whatsoever.

If my experience is any indication, this would also work on a PS3. Unless its compatibility with the 360 restricts that.

[quote name='SDC']If my experience is any indication, this would also work on a PS3. Unless its compatibility with the 360 restricts that.[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

Just to add my opinion of the pad. I love it. I actually bought a custom fight stick (SE with all Sanwa parts) and ended up selling it to a friend because after about a month I still played better with this pad. I will say that playing charge characters seems hard for me. But I just played in a tournament where the guy who won played a charge character (Bison) on this pad and thoroughly rocked everyone.

Thanks OP. I saw this at Best SKU for $39.99 via Amazon. But since this is 5 dollars cheaper, has free shipping, is from New Egg, and it comes with a Ryu fightpad (which will go nicely with my Chun-Li pad) I ordered it immediately. Once again, thanks!

The pad is seriously excellent. It will take you some time to get used to, you're not going to be an expert with it right off the bat even if you know the game already. But once you grow accustomed, there's no going back. I actually own a TE fightstick too...but still use my fightpad most of the time. I also had some difficulty with charge characters, but then again I find the character I'm the best with is blanka...which is a charge character. Definitely worth the purchase.

[quote name='lhfan04']I know everyone loves the fightpad but if you go without it the game is on clearance (at target YMMV) for $9.99[/QUOTE]

Well since that is the case, you either have three options.

1. Hope and pray if the Best Buy in your area has an Xbox360 Fightpad for sale for $19.99 and the Target in your area also has the game on clearance for a total of $29.99 for the whole set.

2. This post from NewEgg for $34.99 w/free shipping.

3. $39.99 via BestSKU.com

If you are lucky, option 1 is the best way to go. But since I am not, I chose option 2. Either way, they are good safe bets considering the bundle originally costs $59.99. Thanks for the advice.

[quote name='SDC']If my experience is any indication, this would also work on a PS3. Unless its compatibility with the 360 restricts that.[/QUOTE]

The fightpad thats for the 360 is wired because MS doesnt license their wireless tech out very much, thats why only wireless 360 controllers you see are MS brand ones. http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Street-Fighter-FightPad-Ryu/dp/B001M241KU

Upshot is you can plug the usb adapter in your pc and windows automatically detects it and it works great for roms. I use mine on mame on nes roms and such and its great for that so I get dual use out of it.

I am "assuming" this usb one would work on ps3 also but I dont know for a fact as I had the ps3 one but it works on my pc just fine.

Its a great pad for fighting games. Soul calibur 4, marvel vs capcom 2, stret fighter 4 I use it for.

This thing gave me so much disappointment, a lot of people (including myself) have problems with the controller. After a couple of weeks it just stops connecting to the dongle making it unusable. The 360 version should be ok since it's wired, but stay away from the PS3 version.

what version of windows are you running?

did it detect the controller properly? It doesnt make sense that it would work, then stop working. Either you have a dud, or some type of driver issue

it will be the same game with more characters. Not sure how you think it will be "far superior" but I'll definitely get it as well. I will say if you haven't played SF4 and plan on getting SSF4 and playing online, plan on spending about 100 hours in practice mode

[quote name='kurrptsenate']it will be the same game with more characters. Not sure how you think it will be "far superior" but I'll definitely get it as well. I will say if you haven't played SF4 and plan on getting SSF4 and playing online, plan on spending about 100 hours in practice mode[/QUOTE]

More characters are the best addition to fighting games since each will have dedicated and unique moves which will lead to unlimited number of different playing styles and battles.
SSFIV will feature 10 or more characters which is A LOT and makes it superior already, hours of special 2D anime, additional bonus stages with props destructable, longer cut scenes (up to 2 hours difference), new ultra combos, new lobby system, enhanced MP system, and some balance modifications to original characters.
The developer once mentioned about the compatibility between both versions that it is unsure.

I say FAR MORE SUPERIOR.

Super SFIV is coming out on 360 and PS3, but if you have a console you're probably not getting the PC version of SFIV anyway. Sadly a PC port of the new game hasn't even been announced. If it's like SFIV, it'll be five months before one comes out on the PC - and it could be even longer considering the lack of news.

bread's done
Back