Street Fighter Stick at Gamestop PS3 39.99 Xbox 49.99

jlindsay26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Got off work early to today stop by Gamestop the prices on the regular edition stick drop the PS3 version was 39.99 and the xbox one was 49.99. The clerk said they drop the price today so if your local store still has any you might want to check it out. I got the PS3 version they still had the xbox one (Burlington WA by Best buy)

Went to my local gamestop and the Manager was actually being VERY nice . He refused to sell the Fight Stick because he said he had purchased one just 2 weeks before and it has already broken . He said that around the joystick the outshell had cracked and the buttons are very unresponsive now :/

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Went to my local gamestop and the Manager was actually being VERY nice . He refused to sell the Fight Stick because he said he had purchased one just 2 weeks before and it has already broken . He said that around the joystick the outshell had cracked and the buttons are very unresponsive now :/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, honestly unless you are planning on modding the stick out with better quality buttons like Sanwa or Seimitsu (maybe the actual joystick too), I hear this stick isn't all that great. Though I would imagine it would be a good inexpensive stick to practice on to see if you really want to make the switch from pad to stick.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Went to my local gamestop and the Manager was actually being VERY nice . He refused to sell the Fight Stick because he said he had purchased one just 2 weeks before and it has already broken . He said that around the joystick the outshell had cracked and the buttons are very unresponsive now :/[/QUOTE]

That's the first I've heard about the actual shell cracking. But yes, without upgrades, the feel of the thing is so disappointing. I have 2 of them (both bought with the intention of modding, as I already had the parts in my possession), and once you mod them, they are nice.

What's interesting is nowadays, so many kids do NOT know what a real arcade stick should feel like, so they might never know the difference. I miss real arcades...

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']How do you mod these things ? I'm old and uneducated ;)[/QUOTE]

Unscrew the back and its pretty much plug and play if you are just swapping out parts. Everything is color coded, so there isn't too much room for messing up unless you start soldering stuff on. Everything uses quick connects, so you just slide the wire unto the connectors.

This thread has made me miss my old modded SE that I traded, I fucking hate the sanwa buttons in the TE after using seimitsu.

I'm tempted to buy a second SE stick now... As mentioned, the buttons and stick themselves are terrible, but at that price you can mod it and it'll be cheaper than buying a HRAP or TE stick, though the base won't be as good as the TE.

I've been using my SE stick for nearly 6 months with sanwa buttons. I've been really tempted to upgrade to a TE or the new SSF4 stick, but I guess I could just upgrade my stick for around $25 instead.

Is that the smarter choice? Or does something in my SE wear down, regardless of having a new joystick or not?

i haven't really been keeping up with sticks for this current gen, I just bought a normal FS3 long time ago for VF5. What sticks are recommended? I prefer Sanwa's over Seimitsu but I do like both. I play with PS3. What's recommended? Something not too pricey would be best due to my financial situation but all choices are welcomed

[quote name='panzerfaust']I've been using my SE stick for nearly 6 months with sanwa buttons. I've been really tempted to upgrade to a TE or the new SSF4 stick, but I guess I could just upgrade my stick for around $25 instead.

Is that the smarter choice? Or does something in my SE wear down, regardless of having a new joystick or not?[/QUOTE]

Aside from the buttons and stick, the only real advantage the TE has is the better base. It's heavier and the button spacing is slightly wider, so it feels a little less cramped and stays in place much better than the SE. Now, if you're used to the SE's spacing, there's almost no real reason not to just mod the stick you have as it'll be cheaper. Personally, I've got a few sticks, Tekken 6 bundle stick (terrible, my nephew is now using it as a starter stick), Modded SE and a TE, I like the TE the best because of the base, but if I had to buy a new stick, at their current price, I'd buy the SE and mod it out. It's a different story if the TE drops to aroud $59.99 though.

[quote name='blitz6speed']lizardlick[/QUOTE]

looked up the parts and factoring all cost's it's about $100 to make your own using SE, Thanks for all the info guy's but i think I'll wait on the TE to drop...

bread's done
Back