Street Fighter V $39.99 DigitalDownload.com [PC Digital Download]

Please put DigitalDownload.com in the title.

Also, does anyone know if this website is legit or do they sell grey market keys?

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, this game has been out for a week and it's already gone down $10-20...

I might just wait till cdkeys or something like that has it for like $30 or so.

Disappointing.

Yay, another shill post for a shady cdkey website, selling keys obtained by questionable/illegal means. Sell your soul for a $20 discount, what a deal!

How does one actually obtain a grey market key?  I mean how does the publisher not know who owns the keys or where they go?

The site is legit as far as I know. It's on reddit game deals & it looks like their keys come from Nexway by the links they use. I've never had a problem. 

And no actual complaints about the game... remarkable.

Just rented for PS4 after seeing less than stellar reviews. I'm a long time Street Fighter fan.

After a 6GB patch download (sheesh) if you are seeking either couch or online vs. I had no real issues finding matches.

The game plays very well, the graphics are great for Street Fighter, and the new fighters and V-techniques are fun.

It works with my PS3 arcade stick, though I had to configure it first in the less than stellar UI,

It plays a bit faster than USFIV imho.

If you are looking for >16 playable fighters, unlockable costumes, an arcade or story mode... wait longer.

Perhaps when Super Ultra Hyper Street Fighter V Arcade Championship Edition releases it will be a complete game.

For now it's just a pretty darn well balanced vs. fighting game...

I recall paying about $70 for Street Fighter II on SNES, way back in the 90's... There were only 12 fighters and no online play.

This is a better value overall, however I can see why buyers feel it's incomplete... Capcom fighters never ship complete, there is always re-balancing and more characters are added, this is no different.  If you want to fight, jump in, if you want a complete package, wait about 4 more years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just rented for PS4 after seeing less than stellar reviews. I'm a long time Street Fighter fan.
After a 6GB patch download (sheesh) if you are seeking either couch or online vs. I had no real issues finding matches.
The game plays very well, the graphics are great for Street Fighter, and the new fighters and V-techniques are fun.
It works with my PS3 arcade stick, though I had to configure it first in the less than stellar UI,

If you are looking for >16 playable fighters, unlockable costumes, an arcade or story mode... wait longer.
Perhaps when Super Ultra Hyper Street Fighter V Arcade Championship Edition releases it will be a complete game.

I recall paying about $70 for Street Fighter II on SNES, way back in the 90's... There were only 12 fighters and no online play.
This is a better value overall, however I can see why buyers feel it's incomplete... Capcom fighters never ship complete, there is always re-balancing and more characters are added, this is no different. If you want to fight, jump in, if you want a complete package, wait about 4 more years.
I wouldn't call the reviews stellar at all. They're very mixed. A lot of bad and mediocre scores and some good ones, nothing people would call overall stellar reviews.

$40 is what I'm willing to pay for a fighting game, but not one with mixed reviews. I'll probably wait when it's $20 on PC to get this game.

This is a better value overall, however I can see why buyers feel it's incomplete... Capcom fighters never ship complete, there is always re-balancing and more characters are added, this is no different. If you want to fight, jump in, if you want a complete package, wait about 4 more years.
As a straight-up fighting game, it's good. There are games competitive players won't even touch because they're just horribly imbalanced or shallow or just plain bad. SF5 is good. I don't even like USF4 and I think SF5 is better on that front.

In terms of features, yeah, it's incomplete but they're coming eventually, and the game's still gonna be the same price then. Right now you're basically buying early access, and yeah, it could have been advertised as such but wasn't.

In terms of the game being a buggy mess, yes, it is crap. The PC version is way worse than the PS4 version. Just off the top of my head:

- Netcode is HORRIBLE. Like I cannot emphasize this enough. It uses "rollback" netcode as opposed to "delay" netcode (if you don't know what that means, don't worry about it) but it's done terribly. In effect it is extremely bad at compensating for lag and tends to dump ALL of the effects of the lag on one player or another. That means sometimes one player sees the other guy literally teleporting around the screen like a ninja while for the other guy it just looks like his opponent is standing still to be beat on for free. Sounds fair.

- The game DOES NOT RECOGNIZE DIRECTINPUT. Period. You must use x360ce or joytokey and even then it is iffy.

- Keyboard players just get fucked. That also applies to anyone using joytokey because the xinput wrappers don't work for their preferred controller. Keyboard players are ALWAYS player one, and even controllers that are recognized totally ignore that. If you play on keyboard and your friend plugs in his 360 stick, you will both be player 1 and there's no way to change it short of plugging in a second 360 stick.

- Training mode is just broken. It doesn't save your settings so if you want to test something in training mode for 10 seconds, you have to go through and set everything again. At this point I can do it with my eyes closed.

Best part is NONE of the above are being addressed in the March patch. Capcom literally doesn't care.

Add in they still dont punish rage quitters with a loss, so playing online is pointless as people constantly DC so you dont get the win. 

Even 40$ is too much for this at this point. Then factor in you need the season pass as in game money isnt easy to earn after the first 200k (after this, its only obtainable through winning online matches or daily "quests").

Pass, ill wait for the hyper-alpha-turbo-fighter edition with the content. 

bread's done
Back