Street Fighter Vs. Tekken SPECIAL EDITION $20 + $3.50 shipping!

Not a bad deal (although I don't think it is much more expensive at the few other places that carry it) however you will receive a damaged copy. Almost 100% guarantee that.

It will come in a bubble mailer if you buy it from GoHastings

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Its 30 something at BB, GS, etc

I got 24 hrs to cancel it, anyone vouch that this is a good edition?[/QUOTE]

Me personally I'd rather pay "30 something" and get a copy that is in good condition then save a few dollars and support GoHastings practice of "if it fits in an envelope then it will ship in an envelope".

But that's me.

Back to your questions I heard that the CE was underwhelming but I don't personally own it.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Its 30 something at BB, GS, etc

I got 24 hrs to cancel it, anyone vouch that this is a good edition?[/QUOTE]

The little coin bank is surprisingly solid plastic but the stickers don't stay on very well. There's some dlc codes for gems if you care and a different disc case. It's not the worst CE in the world and for $20 it's hard to pass up if you're a passing fighting game fan (I think it's still an entertaining game even if the fgc at large likes to piss all over it) but maybe not worth it if you already have the game.

For 23.50 ill come to your home/work and punch you right in the face. I think that's a better deal and trust that you get all the content that it comes with it.

To be honest i will say another punch and kicks are locked off unless purchased. Grabbing is in the works. Taunts are free over time.

This game isn't that bad and the DLC controversy is overblown. I'm surprised no one complains about the lack of team play on Xbox since that's a feature that was explicitly advertised for both versions. How is that even legal?

The coin bank is a cheap POS. It is a huge pain in the ass to assemble and I'm surprised I didn't break the thing putting it together. The decals also start peeling off after a few days.

The "comic book" is just like 15 pages appended to the back of the game manual.

Then you get some extra gems, which are pointless now since everyone is using the tournament standard loadouts introduced with the 2013 patch.

Also, keep in mind that you will have to spend an extra $20 on top of the base game if you want to unlock all the characters.

I would say all the shit this game gets is justified, though I have been giving it a second chance since the patch. While the gameplay is much improved, matchmaking and the netcode are still fairly bad. It takes far too long to get into a match and then half the time it feels like I'm playing under water.

Buy at your own risk.

[quote name='whitereflection']This game isn't that bad and the DLC controversy is overblown. I'm surprised no one complains about the lack of team play on Xbox since that's a feature that was explicitly advertised for both versions. How is that even legal?[/QUOTE]

Team play was included in the latest patch.

The DLC WAS and still is BS. Over a dozen complete characters locked away and you still can't use Mega man or Pac Man without a hack.

Wait, really? I just Googled it and didn't turn up anything, which I expected since Capcom clearly said they weren't going to fix it. Maybe I didn't explain it clearly: on PS3, two players on one console locally can take on opponents online. You can do that on the Xbox version now?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I wonder if the codes in the ps3 version have already expired?[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for an expired code. Bought this on GoHastings which came in fine condition for me. However, despite the code showing an expiration date of 2099 or something ridiculous, it would not redeem.

Tried emailing Sony about a possible replacement, but was told the code expired already. Either GoHastings has bad codes, or they all have. Since they've released so many gem packs and whatnot since the original release, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the preorder DLC has already been released in some form.

tl;dr: voucher code is YMMV but didn't work from GoHastings for sure.

The rule of thumb is that codes for PS3 games really do expire when they say they will while Xbox codes tend to be valid after their expiration dates. If it has a bogus date like the one you received, I would just assume it was six months after the game's release.

[quote name='whitereflection']The rule of thumb is that codes for PS3 games really do expire when they say they will while Xbox codes tend to be valid after their expiration dates. If it has a bogus date like the one you received, I would just assume it was six months after the game's release.[/QUOTE]

I actually just got a PS3 maybe a year ago now. That's really helpful to know, thank you.

THanks ops
cwime

bread's done
Back