Street Fighter x Tekken Midnight Launch Tournament

dman1869

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
Does anyone know if Best Buy or Wal-Mart is doing anything as far as a tournament is concerned? I believe that Gamestop is pretty up to the general manager doing it on their own but what about anyone else? I'm in the Roseville, CA area if someone has some details of anything happening. Thanks guys!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Thanks op downloading right now. Good find.[/QUOTE]

What? Downloading? What r u talking about?

[quote name='dman1869']What? Downloading? What r u talking about?[/QUOTE]

It's a joke since this is not a contest or free thing...

[quote name='admiralvic']It's a joke since this is not a contest or free thing...[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't a free tournament, which is what is usually done at big stores like BB and Wal-Mart, be a contest. And it'd be a FREE prize. Where else should I put this?

There's a tournament at the GameStop on Stevens Creek in San Jose. Got the special edition preordered and ready as ever to play it :)

You put it in the right place, don't mind anyone who doesn't know about tournaments. I'm going to the midnight launch at Gamestop for the game and I hope they are running one.

[quote name='dman1869']Wouldn't a free tournament, which is what is usually done at big stores like BB and Wal-Mart, be a contest. And it'd be a FREE prize. Where else should I put this?[/QUOTE]

I understand the concept, but you're still asking a question... and this is more of a discussion topic. This is because you ask about other retailers and basically say its up in the air. Finally you don't mention any sort of prize and is basically more of an assumed prize.

So I in turn ask you how a conceptual tournament that might be at some stores with an assumed prize is exactly a valid topic for a free stuff forum?

As much as I love Tekken, Ill pass on Street Fighter vs Tekken. I don't like the concept of Street Fighter and there will probably be a heck load of dlcs since its capcom. Im for sure gonna preorder Tekken vs Street Fighter though.

No tournies here. A lot of Gamestops I called said that Capcom had a gag order on the game so they couldn't show the game before midnight. The thing I don't understand is why Capcom believes that people who would show up to support the game and try it out all of a sudden be turned off by playing it and then cancel their pre-order or not purchase. They were cool with SF IV and had that huge nation wide tourny and look how well it was received. Why not do the same for SF x Tekken? I just don't get it.

bread's done
Back