Street Fighter X Tekken SF/TK Swap Costume Complete Pack free on PSN

ffboi7

CAGiversary!
First time posting up a deal so I apologize for any errors. While looking around the PSN Store I noticed that the Street Fighter X Tekken Swap Costume Complete Pack was free. There is still the option to buy it for $8.49 with the free option still being there. Purchasing the free pack also gives you the pack for the PS Vita version that just came out recently. Not sure if this is a glitch or an error on Sonys part, but its up for grabs for anyone who still hasn't purchased any of the costumes for SFxT.

Here's how I found it. First open up the PSN Store then go to New Releases. Next go to discounts and scroll until you see the Street Fighter X Tekken SF/TK Swap Costume Pack. Then proceed from there and there should be the free version of the pack.

F0AA2A8E-3ECE-4A53-B730-870C852F2C88_zpsca735ead.jpg

353102DD-4506-4A88-96EB-FEF5EF234838_zps81bd9b97.jpg

BCDF69F5-654E-4A0D-9EE7-F735086E03EB_zps83603aea.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bosamba']Thanks darken and OP.[/QUOTE]

Welcome. I'm actually surprised there are no negative comments about the game. Guess we're all on the same boat about being happy about getting something for free.

Thanks man, I got in on it, also scored a copy on gamefly sale too. Maybe ill bite on the $20 for the extra characters to make it a complete copy for total of 35 bucks. Now that is a fair price for me!

[quote name='Xninja']Thanks man, I got in on it, also scored a copy on gamefly sale too. Maybe ill bite on the $20 for the extra characters to make it a complete copy for total of 35 bucks. Now that is a fair price for me![/QUOTE]

$20 more for the character pack, or... correct me if I'm wrong... you can get the Vita version for $40 which unlocks the new characters via free CrossPlay code?

[quote name='apterous']$20 more for the character pack, or... correct me if I'm wrong... you can get the Vita version for $40 which unlocks the new characters via free CrossPlay code?[/QUOTE]

There's a problem with the codes on the Vita copies. No, right now you will not get the 12 new characters (on ps3) if you buy the Vita version.
Sony is not helping sort it out, and Capcom is ignoring the customers.

As if this game didn't have enough bad PR already.

Yeah, I picked these up at like 12PM yesterday (the 23rd), except I'm at the mercy of this pre-order bonus BS where my product voucher that came with the game promises:
1. 12 new characters for the PS3 version
2. 38 Alternate costumes for PS3 version
3. 38 Alternate costumes for PS Vita Version

where I'm only getting 3 on that list. at any rate, the swap costumes for both versions for free is nice.

[quote name='dragonjud']There's a problem with the codes on the Vita copies. No, right now you will not get the 12 new characters (on ps3) if you buy the Vita version.
Sony is not helping sort it out, and Capcom is ignoring the customers.

As if this game didn't have enough bad PR already.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, I hadn't heard that anywhere. Too bad. I'll probably wait for this to drop before picking it up, if it even ends up being worth it at that point.

If you go to the Cross Play section like someone recommended, the SFxT stuff isn't there anymore but if you click Wipeout, there's a bundle that has everything sans the Vita game for free. Might also be a glitch. Totally pissed I missed out on the costumes though.

[quote name='Smashbro29']If you go to the Cross Play section like someone recommended, the SFxT stuff isn't there anymore but if you click Wipeout, there's a bundle that has everything sans the Vita game for free. Might also be a glitch. Totally pissed I missed out on the costumes though.[/QUOTE]

Do you own Wipeout on PS3? Sounds like you downloaded the cross play stuff.

[quote name='Smashbro29']If you go to the Cross Play section like someone recommended, the SFxT stuff isn't there anymore but if you click Wipeout, there's a bundle that has everything sans the Vita game for free. Might also be a glitch. Totally pissed I missed out on the costumes though.[/QUOTE]

It's free only if you already have wipeout hd. And i think it's glitch to let you get the hd fury add-on for free. :applause:

[quote name='Xninja']Thanks man, I got in on it, also scored a copy on gamefly sale too. Maybe ill bite on the $20 for the extra characters to make it a complete copy for total of 35 bucks. Now that is a fair price for me![/QUOTE]

This. I actually liked the fighting system, plus with this still being free, it makes the Gamefly deal pretty tempting!

[quote name='kburns10']This. I actually liked the fighting system, plus with this still being free, it makes the Gamefly deal pretty tempting![/QUOTE]

That isn't free, it's been fixed.

Plus you also need to pay for the 12 extra costumes of the DLC characters; which aren't part of the "Swap Pack".

[quote name='Moonlk']I add it I cart, then pops up as free, but won't let me download it. Odd.[/QUOTE]

The same happens to me it says "This content can not be selected at this time." It also sometimes gives error 80023126. I added the priced one to cart, then back out and the same listing shows up as free, but then it can't be downloaded nor added to cart. I guess that means they've partially fixed it. The same thing can be done for all SFxT add-ons. If we could just bypass the message and force it to download or add to cart the free listings then we'd be golden on all SFxT DLC. That method may have been possible pre fix to get all DLC, but who knows now.

I did however get Steve's costume for free (post fix). It still has the separate listing within the current one.

[quote name='scottmastercraig']The same happens to me it says "This content can not be selected at this time." It also sometimes gives error 80023126. I added the priced one to cart, then back out and the same listing shows up as free, but then it can't be downloaded nor added to cart. I guess that means they've partially fixed it. The same thing can be done for all SFxT add-ons. If we could just bypass the message and force it to download or add to cart the free listings then we'd be golden on all SFxT DLC. That method may have been possible pre fix to get all DLC, but who knows now.

I did however get Steve's costume for free (post fix). It still has the separate listing within the current one.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I added it to my cart last night and checked out (IE: confirmed the "purchase"), but didnt download the 100kb unlocks. I'll check to see if I can download them since I did that extra step, guess....hopefully it works and I didn't screw myself out of free costumes :cry:

All this DLC is getting mighty confusing. So it was free, now it's not, but Steve by himself is still free...and it's supposed to be free if you buy the Vita version, but the vouchers aren't working...that's what I've gathered from reading the past few pages. I can't even keep up with all of the costume options not to mention all the damn gem downloads. I'm glad I paid $20 for the actual game because all of this DLC is insane.

I used it last night and the costumes actually worked! Glad I got in before they pulled it, though the swap costumes aren't... all THAT impressive. Good for free though.

I need to learn some moves in this game, I played it awhile back but got really rusty.

bread's done
Back