Streets of Rage fans...

Just played it and I think it's awesome. I wish Sega would make a remake like this or at least give us the games in some kind of compilation or on XBLA.

There are a lot of games I wish would have a remake and/or make a comeback >.>

DL'ing the SOR remake =D, looks awesome right now, and i was checking out all the stuff they re-did and added !=O :applause:

I wonder if there's a way to rip the music off this game or a place to DL it, I like some of these remixes =D

List of some games I'd like to see make a comeback on a present/next-gen console (PS2, Xbox, Wii, etc...):

Bionic Commando (The game that introduced me to the NES ^^)
Double Dragon II (Best DD game, loved every second of it:drool:)

GUARDIAN LEGEND!!!!!FTW!!!!! (My Favorite Game EVER! Not just on the NES, but out of all the games I've ever played ^^. I wanna see a 3d REmake soooo bad.)

Chrono Trigger (Chrono Cross was/is awesome, and they can do a lot better with a remake of Chrono Trigger with the technology out nowadays)

Illusion Of Gaia (Zelda-esque gameplay, story and character changing/moves were nice)

Iron Tank (=D, a cool, hard tank game for NES =P. I never got to pass it >.>)

Blaster Master! (I've tried the PSX Blaster Master game, but I've already forgotten how it was -.-, we must have another!)

If game developers can do a kick-ass job bringing Ninja Gaiden back to life on the xbox, I know they can do these games justice as well. Here's to the dream...:idea::-({|=:twoguns::joystick::idea:

Sega has actually removed the SoR games from titles when they came out in the US cos they would give the title an M rating. I forgot which game it is now, but the japanese version had all 3 SoR games as unlockables, but when they game came out here, they replaced them with the Vectorman games or something else not as good.

[quote name='Puffa469']Sega has actually removed the SoR games from titles when they came out in the US cos they would give the title an M rating. I forgot which game it is now, but the japanese version had all 3 SoR games as unlockables, but when they game came out here, they replaced them with the Vectorman games or something else not as good.[/quote]
It's actually has to do with Yuzo Koshiro holding the copyrights to the music used in the game.

Little things like that always complicate everything.

Also could explain why Revenge of Shinobi isn't on any Genesis compilations

[quote name='Pijaibros']It's actually has to do with Yuzo Koshiro holding the copyrights to the music used in the game.

Also could explain why Revenge of Shinobi isn't on any Genesis compilations[/QUOTE]

Wow...I wonder what happened though. For a time Revenge of Shinobi and Streets of Rage were included in almost every compilation.

that's a really good remake. having all the characters, enemies, levels, etc. from the series makes it a lot of fun to play through.

[quote name='Pijaibros']It's actually has to do with Yuzo Koshiro holding the copyrights to the music used in the game.

Also could explain why Revenge of Shinobi isn't on any Genesis compilations[/QUOTE]

If this was true, then how is Streets of Rage going to be coming out for the Virtual Console on the Wii?

Puffa was right in his reason about why SoR 1 - 3 was cut... I believe it was on Sonic Gems Collection, and it would have given the game a T rating and Sega of America wanted to keep it an E.

All three were on Sonic Gems Collection in Japan. The "official" reason is that it would have bumped the games rating to T for Teen, when Sega wanted to obviously market it to kids. Thus they were removed from the US and Europe versions.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']All three were on Sonic Gems Collection in Japan. The "official" reason is that it would have bumped the games rating to T for Teen, when Sega wanted to obviously market it to kids. Thus they were removed from the US and Europe versions.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about SOR3, but SOR1 was okay for a K-A rating on the Genesis 6-Pak cartridge back in 1996, and SOR2 wasn't any more violent.

They should just make a release of another batch of games and throw the SOR series in there, along with other T rated games then.

btw, I found SOR 1 to be the hardest out of them all. What about you guys?

They keep updating this game on their forums, just make sure to go to the bombergames homepage and look for the forums link.

This project is far from over :D

It would have been nice to see a Sega Genesis Collection Vol. 2 with the Streets of Rage games and a bunch of other great games that weren't available in the first collection! :)

Here's what I want to know

How the hell does PS IV get on an E rated compilation?

Tied up Demi [bondage..?]

Seto being raped by Dark Force

Alys' death

The zombies on Dezolis

Tonoe's vivid rant about Alys' measurements

The Opa Opa Go Go club

Some of the very distubing dialog when you search rooms or talk to NPC

I love PSIV but SOR should have been on Genesis collection, there's no way SOR makes it T and PSIV doesn't.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']It would have been nice to see a Sega Genesis Collection Vol. 2 with the Streets of Rage games and a bunch of other great games that weren't available in the first collection! :)[/QUOTE]

SHINING FORCE

BEYOND OASIS

CRUSADER OF CENTY!!!!!!

[quote name='Old Rasputin']Why do people love this crappy game? Just play Contra, it's a man's game.[/quote]

Oh no way, there's a hater. I had no idea they existed for this game o_O

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Oh no way, there's a hater. I had no idea they existed for this game o_O[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe HE should go play BLOODY WOLF.

Why in the world would you compare a run and gun to a side scrolling beat em up?!

I like bloody wolf too ^^

It's fun for quickie fights and seeing people fly out of the ring, not to mention some of the cool super moves.

It is an odd comparison though, contra vs. SOR o_O

I've actually been playing SoR2 and RoS on the sega smashpack on my DC.Both great games.I really wish they would make more 2d beat em ups.Really i wish they would make more new 2d games in general for consoles.

bread's done
Back