Study while playing your Xbox 360

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I love my Xbox 360 and one of its best features (IMO) is the ability to play your own personal music while playing games or just going through the menu. I was able to take advantage of this feature to study while playing the Xbox 360. I own audio book versions of some of my textbooks. I just put them on a memory stick and put it on my 360. I am then able to play Gears (or whatever game) and study simultaneously. You actually do learn and its not disruptive while playing.

I used this method to study for my history test last semester and I did well on that test. Over the summer, I have been using it to "read" Jim Cramer's books which I find to be pretty entertaining. Even if its not for studying, its a useful way to finish some light reading over the summer.

Anyone else try this?

Isn't studying/reading and playing video games 2 of the biggest arch nemesis there ever was?

i think my head would implode if i attempted this

As simple as this all sounds, and obvious as well, I can't believe I never thought about playing games and listening to podcasts until right now.

my major in school is video game design, so I am studying while playing my 360......and getting a tax break since it counts as school supplies

Holy Crap! I thought I was the only one who did this.

I listen to The Alex Jones show (infowars.net) while playing Halo 2.

I pretend I'm shooting at the NWO.... lol ;)

--------------------
So I've always wondered, If anyone has ever listened to... hmmmm, the James Earl Jones - King James version Audio Bible while playing... I dunno... Condemned???

[quote name='akilshohen']my major in school is video game design, so I am studying while playing my 360......and getting a tax break since it counts as school supplies[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that would hold up in an IRS audit.

How can you play a game with any amount of concentration and be able to take anything away from listening to an audio book? I just can't divide my attention that well I guess.

I am on my PC when I study, and I sometimes even have to "play" Unreal 2k4 or Half Life 2 if I'm doing level design for a class...

As far as the 360 goes... I've been known to run Gears of War for the purpose of referencing the character texture, normal, and specular maps.

[quote name='deathweasel']How can you play a game with any amount of concentration and be able to take anything away from listening to an audio book? I just can't divide my attention that well I guess.[/QUOTE]

audiobooks are awesome, i listen to them at work, makes the day fly by.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I used to listen to my podcasts while playing bejewled or the like.[/QUOTE]

I do stuff like that, too, when the game is manageable. I play XBLA games like Feeding Frenzy while talking on the phone sometimes.

I used to do this a bunch, but then I moved all my music to an external drive, and now the 360 wont read the damn thing. =\

Oh well. My comp is about uh...5 feet from the Xbawks, so I just turn on winamp and listen to my Initial D while playing Forza.

I listened to Initial D while I was mowing down zombies in the maintenance tunnels of Dead Rising on my way to the Zombie Genocide achievement.

I used to play Tetris and other puzzle games on the PC while leaving a window open to watch my daily CS lecture webcast. I failed the class, but I'm really good at puzzle games now.

[quote name='Malik112099']Isn't studying/reading and playing video games 2 of the biggest arch nemesis there ever was?

i think my head would implode if i attempted this[/QUOTE]

There's a group of educators looking to the future right now that want very much to incorporate gaming into schools. No Halo, mind you, but they see it as a very valuable teaching tool.

bread's done
Back