Stuntman PS3 $18.99 w/ free shipping DDD

Anyone know if this one is less fusturating than the PS2 original? I bought that one for $4.98 at Target years ago, tried it for a few hours and ending up trading it into FYE for $7.50 due to the long load times and how fusturating it was.

[quote name='Demontooth']I don't want to shit on your deal but I picked this up at Target three hours ago for $14.98.[/quote]

$15 + $1 tax. Id stay home and pay the extra $3 not to drive to Target.

[quote name='Pookymeister']$15 + $1 tax. Id stay home and pay the extra $3 not to drive to Target.[/quote]

Ditto.

While we're on the subject, I'd pay an extra $10 to not have to go to Walmart.

Thanks, OP...placing my order now.

I rather enjoyed the original, and this is a nice price so I'm also picking this one up. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Anyone know if this one is less fusturating than the PS2 original? I bought that one for $4.98 at Target years ago, tried it for a few hours and ending up trading it into FYE for $7.50 due to the long load times and how fusturating it was.[/quote]
I can't say. But I played through the original Stuntman thoroughly, never finished it (because I simply was unable to complete all the scenes before I gave up), so I know how hard that game was. I have played the Stuntman Ignition demo and from what I played of that, it wasn't as bad difficulty wise.

I failed my first 3 tries really only because I was a bit confused on exactly what to do at the beginning of the scene. However, once I figured that out, I immediately went ahead and completed the whole scene I believe within the next two tries, and it was a blast. The camera angles on the replays look a lot more convincingly cinematic than in the original Stuntman, and the music was quite good.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up! I'm in for one. This will join my currently small PS3 library, #3 to be exact. #4 (what should have been #3 by now) thinks its worth more than it really is considering exactly what its substance is. (Yeah, i'm looking you Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Hit that $20 mark or lower and YOU'RE MINE!!!)

FYI, I beat the first Stantman as well as this newer one. While I enjoyed both Ignition is MUCH less frustrating and enjoyable. Highly recommend it.

I hope this one lasts until tomorrow midnight. I'm going to drive around and hit a few Targets and see if there are any available first along with some other games. Thanks OP! Great fallback price if I can't find one at Target. ^__^

This game is MUCH easier than the original. I beat both and I managed to do a lot of the levels in the new one on my first try. However if you do want the hardcore challenge, you can go for all 5 star ratings. That takes some effort and practice. All around this is a great game. The original is great too, but it takes patience to enjoy it.

[quote name='donut']Confirming $14.98 at Target this eve.

DCPI 207240074

Good Luck![/quote]Is this teh 360 version as well or just the PS3?

Thanks OP! And as far as target...since some of those are YMMV, this is for everyone...at my target this game is $39.99 (as of Monday night).

Good pickup. Played it through on 360 and it definitely is far less frustrating than the original (which I thoroughly enjoyed). If you screw up in the middle of a scene, you get a chance to go immediately back to the start with no loading. You're also given the chance to miss 5 stunts before it's considered a failure. The challenge comes in trying to combo from the start all the way to the end, not missing a stunt, and getting 5-stars. There are some particularly tough scenes in the end, though.

[quote name='donut']Confirming $14.98 at Target this eve.

DCPI 207240074

Good Luck![/QUOTE]

wow this is a price drop because i've seen it in target at 29.99 when i was looking for VF5

[quote name='gshell']wow this is a price drop because i've seen it in target at 29.99 when i was looking for VF5[/quote]

It just dropped Monday. I saw the 360 version last week at $29.98 at Target, but they were all gone when I picked up the PS3 version on Monday, so there's a good chance that one dropped too.

Did anyone that ordered it notice on the confirmation email that under the status it says Avl 01/26? Is that suppose to be the date they actually have it or I guess it could be the date I'm expected to receive it since free shipping takes 5-10 days?

On the purchase page it says
"This item is currently not in stock and will ship to you on 1/17/2008."

Which is confusing..

It's not just the PS3 at target that's 14.98; the 360 version is too. Picked it up and Topanga Canyon saw NBA Street Home court for the same price. There was one more there it's in the clearance section.

I beat this on the 360. I enjoyed the game, well worth $19 IMO. You really have to memorize the tracks, sometimes the cues are a little late from the director, but I still found it fun trying to hit the marks.

Did anyone order this and not get the confirmation email?

I ordered way earlier today and still haven't gotten any email confirm. I just think that's odd, or do they normally send the email once the item ships?

Thanks

[quote name='lukenot']Did anyone order this and not get the confirmation email?

I ordered way earlier today and still haven't gotten any email confirm. I just think that's odd, or do they normally send the email once the item ships?

Thanks[/quote]

I believe I got my confirmation shortly after ordering. I dunno if not being a business day has anything to do with it, but if you were given an order number, I guess you can always track it on the website, or just contact them about it.

[quote name='Crichton']Looks like my order is showing backordered now.[/quote]

Did you order the day this deal or posted or sometime afterwards? I got confirmation that mine shipped out 2 days ago.

I never played the first one, but from what I know, this one is much less frustrating. Once a scene loads, there's no loading times if you want to restart a run. Also, the game is usually pretty generous with crediting you for stuff. I'm usually pretty bad at driving games, but I've been able to 5 star all of the scenes with a little bit of effort. The replays do look pretty cinematic, and the different personalities of the directors can be funny at times. It's easily worth it for $20 or less.

[quote name='VWarrior']Did you order the day this deal or posted or sometime afterwards? I got confirmation that mine shipped out 2 days ago.[/quote]

I ordered it on the 16th and I don't remember seeing anything saying that it wasn't in stock. Oh well.

bread's done
Back