.Stupid car breaks down again LITTLE UPDATE want to see if someone can answer

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
Well i was driving the other week and the car starts missing. take it over to a few places and they want 100 bucks just to look at the freaking car. Well went over to my uncles house and they had this little thing they checks wires and it showed that all the wires and the plugs were good.

Well last night i stop to get gas (filled it up but it sucked almost 1/2 tank so the car is just sucking gas now)

open up the gas tank and it sounded like a tire popped that is how much AIR came rushing out of the gas tank. I get back into the car and had a hell of a time getting the car to even start again (keep missing and back firing) it would run for a second or two but then die.

Well i was going to run it back to my uncles place today , driving down the road i notice the VOLT light came on and the next thing i know i have no power stearing. Lucky i was right at their house and turn into the drive and next thing i know smoke comes flying out of the engine.

Well it seems the Belt slipped off (that is why the VOLT Light and no power stre.) but i had green water everyplace and the overflow tank was 5X higher then it was before)

they said they want to change the hoses but its going to be a major pain in the ass. I said why spend all that time putting all that crap on but look why the car is missing... It be plain stupid spending 50 to 200 bucks on hoses and find out the Transmittion or something else major is out on the car)

I never had air blow out of gas tank like that before.. Yes i heard air come out of the gas tank before but that air maybe lasted a second or two. This air just gusted out for a would say 20 to 30 seconds (It even sounded like you ran over a nail and air was gusting out of a tire)

you could feel the air like a strong breeze coming out of the gas tank.

Personally i think the car if #$$##$#$

UPDATE

I get in my second car today and go fill it up. I turn the car off to go to the mail to do some shopping. I get back into my car and turn it on .... Now the car is doing the same Thing CHUGGING and putting ..

is there any way to prove the place i got gas at is selling bad gas. I mean this is 2 days in a row ...2 diferent cars and now they are both acting the same way after buying gas at this station.

Last edited by a moderator:
what air coming out or rushing in?

Rushing in you probably have a vent tube (under the car) plugged

The Collant overflowed as the car overheated due to the belt being broken.. if it slipped then there is an issue with your tensioner, the belt, or something else on the belt side of the motor (oil leaking onto the belt possibly).

Missing is not a transmission.. .sounds like you dont know what its doing.

And lastly if the wire plug checker looks like a little light bulb thing that lights up when the plug sparks then that is not a surefire test method of the plugs and wires.. if its missing its most likely either of those... I forget what kind of car this is though or the year.

Not all garages charge $100 to look at the car, call around.

Is that the same car that had the problem with the odometer going in reverse, which you mentioned a while ago?

Yeah, cars can be a pain to maintain. That's why I sometimes feel it's best that when a car gets pretty old, just ditch it and get a newer one (because repair costs aren't going to get any cheaper).

Since I live in the area, maybe I'll take a look at the car for $10. ;)

Dude...That car sounds like it's on its final legs. what kinda car is it?

And no offense, but you need to work on your sentence structure/grammar.

images

Sits back and waits for another entertaining Slidecage thread...

I feel your pain man. My old 1992 Volvo 240 and I have been on the rocks for a while. I know it's time for me to end it, but I just haven't been sure how to bring it up. So awkward :whistle2:(

slidecage, did you know that cag now has a blog feature? i only say this because im positive you would have the most popular blog if you used it.

PDATE

I get in my second car today and go fill it up. I turn the car off to go to the mail to do some shopping. I get back into my car and turn it on .... Now the car is doing the same Thing CHUGGING and putting ..

is there any way to prove the place i got gas at is selling bad gas. I mean this is 2 days in a row ...2 diferent cars and now they are both acting the same way after buying gas at this station.

[quote name='slidecage']PDATE

is there any way to prove the place i got gas at is selling bad gas. I mean this is 2 days in a row ...2 diferent cars and now they are both acting the same way after buying gas at this station.[/QUOTE]What gas station in town is it? I'll have my car filled up and I'll see if you are right (or maybe it's a station my Dad at least has gone to).

thanks Snake2715 for all the info will look into it more tomorrow. We had to change a line that snaped. i dont know if when the belt popped off it broke that line , or the line broke and it knocked the belt off.

Yea we will probally just put new wires and plugs in it too see if its any better.

STill werid about the gas station i mean 2 cars now doing the same thing

and yes this is the same car that the millage is going backwards off and on. it also has the transmittion the stupid junk yard put in the wrong gears.

If the plugs dont fix it i will probally junk it along with my other 2 cars and just start over again

thanks for all the help

Am I the only one really surprised to find out slidecage is old enough to drive a car? I always figured he was in middle school based on how he types.

Anyways, instead of having 3 crappy cars for whatever reason I think you should take all that money and buy one good car. Get something low maintanence and easy to work on like a Camry. You will save money on insurance too.

[quote name='captainfrizo']You're not accidentally putting diesel in the cars, are you?[/QUOTE]

lol that's what it sounds like, doesn't it? and with it being slidecage, it's a definite possibility.

[quote name='Snake2715']wrong size nozzle at the pump... if he did that then he is somehow fitting a bigger nozzle into his filler neck....[/quote]

What kind of car? Older cars don't have the little restrictor plate to prevent the bigger nozzle.

bread's done
Back