Stupid small carts are easy to lose

Zomboy

CAGiversary!
Now don't get me wrong, I love the GBA SP (its everything the normal GBA should have been), but the tiny carts that the games come on get lost so damn easy its not funny. They should have cases come with the games, much like the older gameboy games did. I've been looking for my copy of Yoshi's Island for the past few months, with no luck. I'm almost ready to move everything in the rooms it could be in out to the living room, and empty every closet in the house all in the search for it.

:cry:

agreed

My copy of Rayman has been missing for over here, and I recently lost sonics pinball party:whistle2:(

Thats why i usually keep mine in my GBA carring case.Actually just today i found my Mario Bros Delux ive been missing for months cause i just left it out of the case.Also at Radio Shack they have little GBA game cases that are a 6 paks.

do you have any idea how much room that would take up?!

I have all my original GBA boxes and manuals neatly folded up, And they still take up a huge amount of space.

Personally, I think each GBA cartridge should be equipped with a built-in beeper that sounds off when you whistle -- making it impossible to ever lose a game again

YEah....I've lost a few GBC games (even the camera, but I think thats due to theft)...and I can't find Wario Ware, my favorite game.

Minx, when you say "folded up" does that mean you flatten the box?

I keep mine in a drawer ever since my brother lost Advanced Wars and Megaman Battle Network... so... darn... .... small!

[quote name='minx']do you have any idea how much room that would take up?!

I have all my original GBA boxes and manuals neatly folded up, And they still take up a huge amount of space.

Personally, I think each GBA cartridge should be equipped with a built-in beeper that sounds off when you whistle -- making it impossible to ever lose a game again[/quote]

lol, if you've got that many of them, you probably don't want them all beeping when you whistle. It would get very annoying, very quickly.

What you need to do is mail the ones you aren't playing to me. That way, they aren't taking up space in your house, but you always know where they are. Problem solved.

[quote name='Zomboy']Now don't get me wrong, I love the GBA SP (its everything the normal GBA should have been), but the tiny carts that the games come on get lost so damn easy its not funny. They should have cases come with the games, much like the older gameboy games did. I've been looking for my copy of Yoshi's Island for the past few months, with no luck. I'm almost ready to move everything in the rooms it could be in out to the living room, and empty every closet in the house all in the search for it.

:cry:[/quote]

I have a nice case that holds my GBA SP+game and two extra games (Mad Katz Macro Kit SP). Check it out.

Hmmm, I might have to buy some of those cases...

Actually, I think it might have been stolen, but the rest of my family don't think so. You see, we had cable internet installed, and ALL the games were on a file cabnet in the same room, opposite the computer. Didn't notice the thing missing for the longest time, though.

Well, its either stolen or in my brother's room (secondary home of the box full of GBA games), but its as good as gone in there cause of how messy it is.

[quote name='Zomboy']Hmmm, I might have to buy some of those cases...

Actually, I think it might have been stolen, but the rest of my family don't think so. You see, we had cable internet installed, and ALL the games were on a file cabnet in the same room, opposite the computer. Didn't notice the thing missing for the longest time, though.

Well, its either stolen or in my brother's room (secondary home of the box full of GBA games), but its as good as gone in there cause of how messy it is.[/quote]

It's a nice package IMHO. 15 bucks for headphone adapter (with power adapter pass through), car adapter, case, and headphones. The headphones suck, though.

REVIEWS

http://www.nlgaming.com/nl/asp/id_577/nl/reviewDisp.htm

http://gear.ign.com/articles/391/391434p1.html

The case is pretty good, IMHO. Hard to open, but it works fine, so don't be put off by the IGN review.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='minx']yep, flatter than a drag queens natural chest measurements ;-)[/quote]

Ugh...was that mental image necessary? :whistle2:&[/quote]

Here's an even more disturbing one... what if the drag queen was "Queen Sized" and had man-boobs to begin with.

Back on topic, I keep my collection of handheld cartridges in shoebox sized tuperware containers. I then place each cartridge into the plastic gameboy game protectors. Using this method of storage, I can store about 60+ gameboy cartridges in the area the size of a shoebox.
I used to keep all of the boxes like Minx does, but when I had 3 document boxes full of nothing but folded up game boxes, I threw them away.

So by the way I've done it, the games are nice, neat and organized... and because of the cart protectors, dust free.

By the way, if you watch Toys R Us and local discount retailers, you will often see them dump cartridge protectors on clearence price.. and the same cart protectors work for the GBA, SP, GBC and GB... yet the retailers still drop them to ridiculously low prices.. I got 150 cartridge protectors for about 20 dollars.

[quote name='JSweeney']Here's an even more disturbing one... what if the drag queen was "Queen Sized" and had man-boobs to begin with.[/quote]

negative21.jpg

I just stick them in the gaming room...somewhere...I mean I know they are in there...somewhere...I think I see one...nope just lint

Yea I have an 8$ case from gamestop that has no problem holding 3 games and the system with a game in it.Which 4 games is my collection right now so.....but I'd just store any extra in a ziplock bag somewhere at home.

Truthfully, I never lose a single gameboy/gameboy color/gameboy advance games and I have 150 of them total.

What I do is put ONE game that I want to play next to me on my bed and the rest in a box.

So, I only have ONE game on my gameboy, other than that, they will be in the box.

[quote name='gamefreak']I keep mine in a drawer ever since my brother lost Advanced Wars and Megaman Battle Network... so... darn... .... small![/quote]

haha! Your brother lost 2 VERY GOOD GAMES!BAHA!

Tell me about it, I can't find my castlevania: COTM :( ((dont even say it, i bought it USED, and it didnt come with case/instructions, and my cheap ass is way too cheap to buy a carrying case)

though i suppose i COULD start keeping my GBA games in my GBC carrying case (which was stolen).

How the hell I manage to lose 2 SNES games, and not a single GB/GBC/GBA game is beyond me...

I just keep my games in a shoe box, and the game boxes in an empty dresser drawer. I just keep the games I play regularly on top of the shoe box. Works out nicely.

What I would really love to find, is a package about the size of a dvd case (that form factor) that you could clip the carts into much like you can with the memory card in the game cube packages.

Anyone have any clues on where to find such a beast?

"mommy, can i pwease have my sponge bob square pants GBA cart????"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bread's done
Back