Subsistence back in stock at Walmart.com

For me it's been pretty tricky... I somehow saw a bunch copies at a new Best Buy that opened around me a while ago so I thought I was safe, but then I went back recently and all they had was a single copy of Snake Eater (though it was only 9.99). I tried a bunch of other chains and local stores and no one had them brand new (only one had it used). It's probably just my luck though... Even the eBay prices don't seem to always be that bad.

Yes, I've been looking for it in stores, Fry's, EB Games, and Bestbuy. I've only found it on ebay, but they were going to less then $30.

still got a bunch of copies at local TRU. I dont think anyone will be ebaying them as they are only going for $35-40 and around $20 for a used one

I am surprised that it's hard to find it some areas. My local CC had a copy tagged $16.96 for months and it didn't sell. I finally bought it for $11.xx when they had the 33% off clearance prices a few weeks ago.

Damn, that was quick, checked it online and they had copies and now nothing, too many lurkers on CAG grabbing the game fast

you can get one for about the same price on ebay right now. it's not rare or in high demand...yet.

Weird. I had no idea this game was getting hard to find. Not knocking the deal at all, but isn't this the price it was released at?

[quote name='tinman_licks']Picked up new one at Sears for... 50 cents. it was in the clearance bin.[/quote]

My local Sears has this in their clearance bin and it was still stuck @ $19.97 or so the last time I checked it. Now, if it dropped to the price it's supposed to be on clearance, I may finally grab it.

I ended up giving my copy of Snake Eater to my one buddy, after I realized I disliked all the sneaking in the game(s). Mind you, I had no problem doing it in Syphon Filter on the PS1, but maybe I'm biased.

Yeah its somewhat easily to find at Sears. Prices seem to be any where from $23.97 to $12.97 from what I've heard & seen.

Seems like it may have been a mistake on Walmart's end since it now says it is permanently out of stock online? And I don't know how their in store tracker is supposed to work seeing as how it claims there is one store within 100 miles of me and I know there's plenty more within 15 miles, let alone 100 :D

Edit: NM it says it only shows stores that would carry it.

[quote name='jonlubbe']is the super metal gear solid collection coming out stateside anytime soonish?

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-games/pid-1004880324/[/QUOTE]

No, it is not. Traditionally, JP developers don't think US gamers will rebuy games a second or third time. We miss out on a lot of compilations, remakes and special editions. Square E is probably the biggest culprit. It's either that, or they want to get back at the US :)

I think it's a bunch of BS. Proof of concept - Americans rebuy plenty of anime when it's released 235263216 times in a different box art with "special" uncut scenes, etc. Also, plenty of people bought RE Pure Evil for the GCN, even though, it was just the same PC versions of RE1 and Zero repackaged in a flimsy cardboard box.

If you properly differentiate popular products, then people will rebuy them.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is this game hard to find?[/quote]

it went out of print at one point. if walmart carries it again, i guess they've put it back on print

I've looked all over for this at Sears, Targets, Wal Marts, Circuit City, Best Buy...all I can find is Snake Eater.

Thanks for posting this, I was able to squeeze in an order last night.

[quote name='Zbornak']EBGames.com shows it as in-stock for $24.99.[/quote]

So $5 more for sealed and brand new sounds pretty good to me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My local Sears has this in their clearance bin and it was still stuck @ $19.97 or so the last time I checked it. Now, if it dropped to the price it's supposed to be on clearance, I may finally grab it.

I ended up giving my copy of Snake Eater to my one buddy, after I realized I disliked all the sneaking in the game(s). Mind you, I had no problem doing it in Syphon Filter on the PS1, but maybe I'm biased.[/QUOTE]

Game should be around 14 or 15 at sears as of septembers markdowns, now being october, it should be more

I sold a couple for around 45-50 when demand was higher, one was my opened and resealed copy which I replaced with a factory sealed copy

Out of stock due in no small part to me, it seems. Yeah, I guess New Yorkers just really like to scavenge for would-be rare stuff (or maybe we just really are that populous?). When I actually went and looked for this game, Sears, BB, CC, K-Mart and EB/GameStop had no brand new copies, so that was just my luck—no Twin Snakes either.

This site also has Mega Man ZX for $29 shipped available for preorder (another game I've had trouble finding), though I'm sure there are better deals at B&M stores—it probably also means other locations will get it too.

didnt knwo this was hard to find guess ill have to check around to get myself a copy, i sitll ahve my snake eater sealed from the sears clearance.

As a fellow New Yorker, I can vouch that for whatever reason Subsistence is hard to find around these parts. Even Sears, which NOBODY goes to for games, has no copies. Even the abundance of Gamestops don't have any copies.

[quote name='Shady Hombre']That's a lower price, but that's because it's used.[/quote]

Really what's a big difference? The package still includes everything.

[quote name='Mr. Pink']Really what's a big difference? The package still includes everything.[/QUOTE]

"USED May Not Include Instructions or Original Box, In Fact, Don't Count on It"

[quote name='Shady Hombre']To be honest, if I were sure it would be clean, scratch-free and complete, I wouldn't mind it being used.[/quote]
Well, of course. The problem is finding a clean, scratch-free, and complete game at EB/GS. Most people don't take care of their games.

[quote name='paean']"USED May Not Include Instructions or Original Box, In Fact, Don't Count on It"[/quote]

Scratches, teeth marks, or peanut butter on the disc is also a possibility.

Yeah, that's too bad. Buy hey—there's Portable Ops, the upcoming Portable Ops + and Metal Gear Online for PS3. Now all I need is the cash...

bread's done
Back