Subway Fiery Footlong Frenzy Thread

[quote name='fieldkillah']Got my copy of modnation racers today. Came USPS in a padded envelope.
:edit: Came with the sackboy DLC (not sure if the ones in stores still come with it) and they put a small gash through the barcode.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I was worried they would do that, I was planning on trading it in to Amazon.

I just noticed the gash in the barcode as well. That sucks. I was going to trade it into Amazon as well. Bastards. Can't complain though. Free ass game!

Just got my copy of ModNation Racers, also gashed through the barcode. For someone who tries hard to take good care of my games and cases, this really irks me. Anyone happen to know where to purchase a single blank PS3 case to replace this cut up one?

[quote name='Icefall']Just got my copy of ModNation Racers, also gashed through the barcode. For someone who tries hard to take good care of my games and cases, this really irks me. Anyone happen to know where to purchase a single blank PS3 case to replace this cut up one?[/QUOTE]

Check eBay.

[quote name='Icefall']Just got my copy of ModNation Racers, also gashed through the barcode. For someone who tries hard to take good care of my games and cases, this really irks me. Anyone happen to know where to purchase a single blank PS3 case to replace this cut up one?[/QUOTE]

How long ago did you win this? I won late September and haven't heard anything since...

Also how was it shipped (IE. USPS, UPS, etc.)

FFFUUUUU-
Not only has GT 5 has been delayed, but they take out the barcode!?!, I was hoping to exchange it at walmart or something since I don't have a PS3... meh I'll give away as a gift or sell it to a buddy.

That's precisely why they slashed the barcode. You didn't think Subway would pay full retail for the games, did you? This is to ensure you can't profit off the game by exchanging and thus ultimately screwing them over.

[quote name='iHack']How long ago did you win this? I won late September and haven't heard anything since...

Also how was it shipped (IE. USPS, UPS, etc.)[/QUOTE]

I won in late August. It was shipped USPS in a padded envelope.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']That's precisely why they slashed the barcode. You didn't think Subway would pay full retail for the games, did you? This is to ensure you can't profit off the game by exchanging and thus ultimately screwing them over.[/QUOTE]

Any pics? I hope GT5 isn't like that.

[quote name='fieldkillah']Got my copy of modnation racers today. Came USPS in a padded envelope.
:edit: Came with the sackboy DLC (not sure if the ones in stores still come with it) and they put a small gash through the barcode.[/QUOTE]

A gash, eh? I guess they figure everyone will run off to Wal-Mart or Best Buy to claim they bought them there.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Wow, if they slashed bar code of Uncharted 2: Fortune Hunter Edition that would sucked a lot!![/QUOTE]

It was never sold in stores so I doubt it has a barcode. Unless you're talking about the game inside. It would really suck if they ended up slashing the barcodes on the GT5 or LBP2 collector's editions though.

Slashed bar code. All the way through the plastic case.

DSC03298.jpg

Will probably be like that for all the games.

The slashed barcode sucks. I kind of wanted to do a dirty exchange when LBP2 gets here... so I can get the CE. There's no point in getting the CE when I already have the game though, so I guess I'll miss out...

[quote name='cin84_12']Slashed bar code. All the way through the plastic case.

DSC03298.jpg

Will probably be like that for all the games.[/QUOTE]
That sucks.

[quote name='cin84_12']Slashed bar code. All the way through the plastic case.

DSC03298.jpg

Will probably be like that for all the games.[/QUOTE]

With mine it looks like they took a few tries before piercing through. There's a roughed up patch next to the main cut on my copy. I can understand the logic of it, but at the same time I can't help but wonder if it could have been handled another way. People winning the move and PS3 sets, are your boxes marked up so they can't be traded/returned?

[quote name='fieldkillah']August 23rd[/QUOTE]

Just got mine in the mail from USPS too. =D There is a slash on my bardcode too. I'm sure gamestop will still accept it anyhow if you're intended to trade it in. now I hope they will deliver GT5 for me early!

[quote name='Icefall']With mine it looks like they took a few tries before piercing through. There's a roughed up patch next to the main cut on my copy. I can understand the logic of it, but at the same time I can't help but wonder if it could have been handled another way. People winning the move and PS3 sets, are your boxes marked up so they can't be traded/returned?[/QUOTE]

Nope, not a thing on my PS3/Move bundle boxes.

just got my modnation racers with the slashed barcode. it was shipped via usps and i'm in CT. I can't wait for LBP2 and GT5

I officially received all of my prizes.

Ps3 with move
Bloggie cam
Modnation racers
Giig Headphones

My copy of modnation racers came today and has the scratch on the barcode too.

[quote name='FregginPsycho']I officially received all of my prizes.

Ps3 with move
Bloggie cam
Modnation racers
Giig Headphones

My copy of modnation racers came today and has the scratch on the barcode too.[/QUOTE]

Ps3 with move -------> Level 3
Bloggie cam --------> Level 2
Modnation racers --------> Level 2
Giig Headphones --------> Level 2

so you're telling us that you got three (3), level 2 prizes?

EDIT:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n11']just got my modnation racers with the slashed barcode. it was shipped via usps and i'm in CT. I can't wait for LBP2 and GT5[/QUOTE]

Did you win the Firedrill that had all three games? If so, I should hopefully be getting my copy of MNR too then.

Were those MNR the Fire Drill winners?

I doubt the LBP2 GT5 winners will see barcode slashes.. even though they probably should (really they should just take a black magic marker to the plastic wrap ala store closings) to prevent return fraud. The LBP2 and GT5 winners will be receiving theirs a day before the actual release, so they will likely come directly from the distributor.

[quote name='nnthomas']Question. Did any of you winners use a uh... illegitimate entry? ; )[/QUOTE]

no i used about 8 emails lol

[quote name='cookiecrumbz']Ps3 with move -------> Level 3
Bloggie cam --------> Level 2
Modnation racers --------> Level 2
Giig Headphones --------> Level 2

so you're telling us that you got three (3), level 2 prizes?

EDIT:[/QUOTE]

I won the ps3 and headphones, my son won Modnation, and my girlfriend won the bloggie. We used our own emails, names, and the same address.

my younger bro just got his modnation racer and there is no slash bar code. now i'm just wondering when are they gonna start shipping out the uncharted 2 fortune hunter edition

[quote name='FregginPsycho']I won the ps3 and headphones, my son won Modnation, and my girlfriend won the bloggie. We used our own emails, names, and the same address.[/QUOTE]

lol so you, "your son" ,and "your girlfriend", live in the same household?
cmon if you're going to BS us please come up with something logical :)

EDIT: You do know you can't win a prize on the same level more than once, so this is definitely BS

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cookiecrumbz']lol so you, "your son" ,and "your girlfriend", live in the same household?

EDIT: You do know you can't win a prize on the same level more than once, so this is definitely BS[/QUOTE]

What isn't logical about having your son and girlfriend living with you? Granted he's probably lying. And you can win multiple prize from same level if you use 19374729 emails in which probably was what the guy did as well as 1039881 others that participated

[quote name='air_max']meant to post this up earlier, but ive been pretty busy studying for a micro test

won it 9/17, shipped 10/22[/QUOTE]

^^Good luck on that, hope it went well... I do micro research and can relate man! Nice prize btw!
On topic... Won a MNR and havn't seen it yet, but i think i'm 4 weeks in, but hey hopefully get it before black friday!

[quote name='luan87us']What isn't logical about having your son and girlfriend living with you? Granted he's probably lying. And you can win multiple prize from same level if you use 19374729 emails in which probably was what the guy did as well as 1039881 others that participated[/QUOTE]

First of all, i highlighted the part where he said "same address"

My response to that was:

lol so you, "your son" ,and "your girlfriend", live in the same household?

The second part of my response was directed at him posting that his "household" won multiple prizes. (as per the rules of the contest: you can only win one prize per level per household).

So that's where the illogical part came from. These two responses are separate. I should have made it clearer by spacing them from each other to avoid confusion. I did not meant that them living together was illogical like what your post implies. I even added something more:

EDIT: You do know you can't win a prize on the same level more than once, so this is definitely BS

:p

bread's done
Back