Success: $20,000 Pledged By Wednesday Night!

Koggit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
donate to enable something cool -- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/750755607/take-away-shows-in-uganda-with-polyphonic-spree?pos=1 -- don't worry, you're receive something cool in return. so really, it's more like "buying" than "donating", but still, yknow, click that link and pledge. click the link and watch the vid for info and what it is, it's just 2 short minutes.

now, i'm not against helping 3rd world kids or anything so dont get me wrong, but i want this to happen for the music. la blogoteque is one of my favorite things, yeasayer is one of my favorite bands, this is completely perfect. if you're unfamiliar with blogoteque, check out their work here. like the promo video in the pledge said, they take great musicians out of their natural habitat and film them making music. musicians making music, no fluff, no frills. it's always amazing. and now here's the chance to help these guys do something good while creating some more of their incredible shows.

they need $7k over the next 23 hours. You get sweet-ass rewards for donating, $25 gets you autographs and a digital copy of the movie, $50 gets you an autographed DVD, etc, and you only have to pay if they get the funding and are able to make it. look, think of the future in which you pledge some money and this gets made: in the future, after you've likely forgotten about this entirely, you're gonna get a surprise reminder and get to watch some incredible musicians making great music knowing you helped create this and DVD and it's enabling some humanitarian work. that'd be a pretty nice surprise, wouldn't it? do future-you and a favor and PLEDGE NOW. future-you will thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like movies. They haven't been good since, the 90's maybe? I forget the last one I sat through.

This isn't a movie it's more like a documentary / concert film (and for a great cause). whether or not you like movies would seemingly have little to do with it.

I don't quite get how acoustic performances and building schools/hospitals stops a CHILD ENSLAVING TYRANT WHO WILL SHOOT SISSY MUSICIANS IN THE FACE.

please enlighten me

i dont get why you make such a wild assumption. this isn't about stopping tyrants.

this is just about acoustic performances and building schools/hospitals. mostly the acoustic performances. how is that not good enough? it is more than good enough.

So by your admission, donating to this cause will not actually help the children of Uganda outside of the lucky ones that live near a military base and get to hear concerts from clueless Americans.

Enjoy your autographed CD or whatever.

let's put it this way. if they were just selling new takeaway shows with yeasayer and releasing them on DVD, even if it was in no way related to any humanitarian effort, i'd consider most of these pledges/prices to be reasonable purchases. the fact that the proceeds go to a humanitarian cause is just the (very sweet) icing on the cake. the cake is worthwhile regardless, the icing is just better. so i dont care too much whether or not it's the very best use of the charitable donation. if that matters more to you feel free to research their work and find out more, and if you decide it's not worth supporting, don't support it. pretty damn simple. since they've gotten $14,000 in a short while without much publicity, it's obviously something quite a few people, myself included, would like to support.

[quote name='Koggit']let's put it this way. if they were just selling new takeaway shows with yeasayer and releasing them on DVD, even if it was in no way related to any humanitarian effort, i'd consider most of these pledges/prices to be reasonable purchases. [/QUOTE]

50 bucks for a DVD is reasonable?

Also, what happens if they only get 19,999? DO they say F it and just split the money between them?

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Also, what happens if they only get 19,999? DO they say F it and just split the money between them?[/QUOTE]

$20,467
pledged of $20,000 goal

I love The Polyphonic Spree so I hope this goes through.

Victory, with 9 hours to spare.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']what happens if they only get 19,999? DO they say F it and just split the money between them?[/QUOTE]

it's a pledge, not a donation -- it only becomes a donation when the project becomes reality (which is now)

as much so as posts about child's play around the holidays, yes

anyway thread no longer relevant so i'll let it die

bread's done
Back