Suda 51's Flower, Sun, and Rain - Out Now!

[quote name='yukine']I'm getting you banned, you naughty word user!

Sounds pretty interesting, it's like a Suda 51 version of "Groundhog Day".[/QUOTE]

this game came out a long ass time ago, but it's nice to see an updated port. so fuckign good... and the OP title has been changed thanks to your comment >_

What was this game like? It sounds interesting, but Suda 51's games aren't always great gameplay-wise (I'm sure you've noticed my opinion on this matter). How exactly did the game work? Was it a point-and-click, or more Zelda-like?
Hoping for a US release, anyway. Can never have enough quirky games for actual mature consumers.

This sounds like something right up my alley. Here's to hoping it turns out better than the last "Groundhog Day" adventure game, Shadow of Destiny, which despite good reviews was a plodding, nonsensical pile of mediocrity enjoyed only by the most starved of adventure devotees. At least Suda's nonsense is fun nonsense.

Gonintendo seems to think this is a confirmation that FS&R is coming to the UK.

It also lists Lux-Pain, which I've only seen some screenshots for, but looks interesting.

I don't know how much I like the trend that some of these experimental DS games end up getting translated, but only end up in the UK. Obviously I like the fact that games I'm interested in get translated into a language I can understand, far from the stark characters originating on other planets and resonating great mystery. However, I hate how NoA seems to think I'm a total moron who either A) doesn't like good games, or B) isn't smart enough to import games, or C) isn't willing to cobble together the cash to import.

Holla.
[quote name='JEKKI']ooooooh! Xseed beeyitch! who called it?!?!?![/QUOTE]
Someone half-called it. E3 was a long time ago.

[quote name='Strell']This should make Rolento happy.

According to this right over 'mnha, Flower Sun and Rain will be coming to North America.[/quote]

Oh fuck yes you are right my Dr. Phd. Ms. Mr. Bladder Strell.

:)

as for Xseed, I think I backed them up long before e3... can't remember. good emerging company :)

Great news Flower, Sun, and Rain sounds interesting I'll be sure to pick it up day one I really liked Killer 7 and No More Heroes I can't wait to play this new DS game and Travis Touchdown costume is a nice bonus. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
2555418539_77449237b1.jpg

I think IGN got it right, but I jumped into this game not as something to have fun with but to just explore to be honest.

So far there's stuff I don't like, but I am enjoying the strangeness of everything. Definitely feels alot like Killer 7 already.

With so much trial and error the game punishes you for exploration and guess work.
Blech, exactly what I didn't like about Zack & Wiki. Maybe it's a good thing that TRU will never get around to sending this to me.

the game does not punish you for exploration and guess work -_- that's the stupidest shyt I ever heard... obviously someone didnt even play the game.

it rewards exploration by giving you bonuses for your step count,

and you can guess 1000 times with no detriment other than wasted time.

anyway, I'm on R-08 now. yeay the game has problems that games like Phoenix Wright, Layton, and Hotel Ducks do not have, but the game is still enjoyable regardless.

also, I've been able to figure out every puzzle except 3... one of them was coz of sum stupid culture difference between jp and usa, one I did not get and had to ask for a solution, the last one I eventually figure out.

I'm hella smart! if anyone has any questions ask me!!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, the game is tough, but not in a bad way... I do love how much this reminds me of Killer 7 though.[/QUOTE]no, the game does present its challenge in one of the worst ways possible.

kids hate homework, why the hell would they want to do it on their own volition for the sake of further confusion?

furthermore, a game like professor Layton gives u a puzzle up front. This game is like here's a puzzle, now go find the node at which to input the answer, which is in sum kinda numerical code described in the puzzle itself, which u prolly forgot all about already becoz that was 10 minutes ago.

u dont even kno how many open slots the puzzle has until u find it first which makes it even harder to figure out the solution prior to discovering the puzzle location.

the game is still enjoyable for the overall story experience alone, but it's heartbreaking that they take such a simple concept and do it so horribly wrong when proper execution would be jus so easy

I beat it.

this is without a doubt one of the worst games I ever played.

on the other hand, the story telling is absolutely phenomenal and definitely kept me interested in the game. I still enjoyed playing this game despite how terrible it is. Thank goodness I had an answer key btw.

I would recommend it jus becoz the experience u receive from playing this game is unlike anything that most games could offer to the player, however be prepared to set aside a lot of patience and tolerance to obtain that.

whether or not that is worth it is up to you, but for me it was so at the end of the day I am happy.

:lol: @ JEKKI

but yeah, I've only played an hours worth and can see how it'll test my patience. I'm more in it for the experience than the gameplay anyway... kinda like Hotel Dusk.

bread's done
Back