Suggest a New Email Program

rcannon

CAGiversary!
Window Live Mail sucks, it stopped working for me after losing power the other night due to the Hurricane. Basically I launch the program and it just stays on the splash screen without doing anything. I googled Windows Live Mail errors, and followed a bunch of directions to no avail.

Since it doesn't look like I'll get this fixed, I'm wondering what email programs everybody uses. I have a Comcast email address and a Hotmail email address, I would like to get both in the same program with downloading the messages to my desktop computer. I use Outlook at work because I have to, and Windows Live Mail was free, so that's why I used that program.

So what do you use for email?

[quote name='kube00']Gmail/yahoo[/QUOTE]

+1

I Use Gmail for friends/family/work, yahoo for internet transactions.

I use Gmail for anything personal. Yahoo as my spam account for sites I don't really care much about getting information from. Sorry CAG ... this site is under my yahoo account XD

Guys, I don't think the OP is looking for an email service, but an email client - that is, a program to manage the email accounts they already have.

And yes, I know that Gmail can sort of, kind of be used as a client (I've done so in the past), but it's impractical for managing multiple accounts.

[quote name='blueshinra']Guys, I don't think the OP is looking for an email service, but an email client - that is, a program to manage the email accounts they already have.

And yes, I know that Gmail can sort of, kind of be used as a client (I've done so in the past), but it's impractical for managing multiple accounts.[/QUOTE]
If they didn't read the OP, I doubt they're gonna read your message. ;)

But yeah, Thunderbird. I don't use it for multiple accounts, but it works pretty well for a single account, I imagine it works ok with multiples.

[quote name='blueshinra']Thunderbird.[/QUOTE]

+1 I've used Thunderbird since it's inception and never looked back (used Eudora prior to that). Works perfectly with all my email accounts (Gmail, etc). While some people complain it isn't as flashy/pretty as other clients or even Firefox, functionality is more important than looks.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']If they didn't read the OP, I doubt they're gonna read your message. ;)[/QUOTE]
It never hurts to try, right? ;)

[quote name='crystalklear64']outlook

thunderbird is for hipsters[/QUOTE]
Thunderbird is for cheap-asses. Outlook is for corporations and people who pay for antivirus software.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Thunderbird is for cheap-asses. Outlook is for corporations and people who pay for antivirus software.[/QUOTE]

Or if they don't have the money to pay for antivirus...outlook is for risk takers. Those that love telling the stories how they have to reformat 3 times in one week.

Zimbra and Thunderbird are great. Surprised to see Zimbra Already mentioned. Also, VMware is made of win for making VMworkstation virtually free.

However, I use two gmail accounts (one for school and a personal email) and most of that interaction (sending, reading and deleting) happens on my android smartphone.

bread's done
Back