Feedback
8 (100%)
Playing:
Xenosaga 3 (almost done)
God Hand

Backlog:
Okami
Bully (from gamefly)

Basically, I have kind of been out of PS2 gaming since the Xbox 360 launch. What did I miss this year that I should go back and play? I played all the stuff that was great on '05 (God of War, RE4, SotC, etc.) but what did I miss after that? Suggest something to me Cagers! Anything but FPS. Last PS2 game I really played before Xenosaga 3 was KH2 and nothing before that really.

Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
Lego Star Wars II
MGS3: Subsistence
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
SMT: Devil Summoner
Suikoden V
Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria
Tales of the Abyss

Upcoming:

Final Fantasy XII
Guitar Hero II
Phantasy Star Universe

you guys are naming a lot of old stuff that ive already played. i've played guitar hero, jak is one of my favorite series ever, i own we

You haven't missed much really.

You should know that all games worth playing arrive in the Fall/Winter. You have the best of now right in fornt of you. The hell you wasting time here for?

God Hand is awesome. The game just makes you feel like such a badass as you get farther.

how's yakuza? worth checking out? rule of rose? i want to give both of them a rental but if they're not even worth that, then never mind. im stoked that im on the last chapter of xenosaga 3, im so close to being able to start okami.

i've played tales of symphonia, it was decent. that whole manga art style makes me not want to play tales games though. manga art looks like lazy art to me.

I just don't get why you need a PS2 game if you still aren't quite finished xenosaga and you want to play okami after...

The manga style art of the Tales series is a bit of a turn off for me as well. I liked Symphonia a lot but the graphics felt a little too cartoonish. I'm still going to check out Tales of the Abyss, though.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']
i've played tales of symphonia, it was decent. that whole manga art style makes me not want to play tales games though. manga art looks like lazy art to me.[/quote]

[quote name='Spades22']I just don't get why you need a PS2 game if you still aren't quite finished xenosaga and you want to play okami after...[/quote]

im not gonna run out and buy a game you guys suggest. i just want some ideas for later.

Ah I see... well ya Tales of the Abyss isn't supposed to be as cartoony (I didn't like that art style that much either). They said it's SOMEWHAT similar to radiata stories...I havent played it though so I cant say much about that.

Radiata Stories is good until halfway through when you are forced to choose a path. It seems like an experiment that wasn't quite finished. The gameplay is very lousy.

It does have an awesome main town and the game succeeds in creating a believable, coherent world with lolis you can stalk. It just falls flat on it's face after that part.

Just get Valkyrie Profile 2, it's the only competent series Tri-Ace makes.

Ya but apparently VP2 is a lot like "play the game how you want" type...so if you're one of those type of people (like me) That always likes to feel like they have the best possible stats on their characters, it might get annoying. Although once you find the pattern, it can be pretty fun. Might be diff though haven't played it myself :shock:

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']I've been itching to play Shadow of the Colussus for a while now.[/quote]
Then go get it! It's GH now and you can get it for $15 after GGC, or wait for the TRU B2G1 deal next week.

Shadow of the Colossus is a decent renting game too, so if you want to play it renting should suffice. It's fairly short and its kind of a one time wonder, although I think the time trials can be kinda fun =p

I believe it's also one of the titles for EB/GS's 2 GH for $30 sale that they're doing now:

http://www.gamestop.com/productmerch.asp?groupid=535

Might be worth checking out if there's another GH game you're after, though their selection isn't the best.

[quote name='eau']Then go get it! It's GH now and you can get it for $15 after GGC, or wait for the TRU B2G1 deal next week.[/quote]

I heard Yakuza was worth playing. And if you liked GT4, you might want to give Tourist Trophy a shot. It didn't get much media attention, but I loved it. Best thing I've played recently, besides Guitar Hero.

bread's done
Back