Suggest me some PSP Games

Reno Takamiya

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I just got the God of War PSP 3000. And I was wondering what games I should get next. I have played Crisis Core, Blade Dancer Lineage of Light
Both of 1 and 2 of the Lengend of Heroes video games.

I'm interested in Action, Adventure and RPG games.

GTA vice city or liberty city is a must. its a great game. its just like playing on the ps2 just on the go unlike other games remade for psp.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']How is Blade Dancer?[/QUOTE]

It's a great game. It has one of those battle systems were if your taking to long to make a decision the people you're facing can attack you.

phantasy star portable 2(skip the first one) not much of a sequel story wise, and alot of the stuff from 1 makes an appearance in 2. 2 was a huge improvement over 1 though gameplay and content wise. plus it has online multiplayer whereas the first one was only ad-hoc. there might be a demo for this avaiable still too. this is also still on sale for 15.99 on psn til the next update.

monster hunter is also good, but a bit grindy.

metal gear peace walker - easily one of the best games on the psp. there is a demo available.

kingdom hearts, disgaea 2, and final fantasy dissdia are all great games with alot of content.

cladun: this is an rpg - only available on the psn as far as i know. this game has 8-bit graphics, but there's alot of content. there's also an in-game sprite maker. it's mainly for heads, but you can make alot of neat stuff off of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have HSG:eek:pen tee, and I'm looking to pick up Patapon, and Half-minute hero. I've heard there good and from what I read the look like fun.

Star Ocean: First Departure and Star Ocean: Second Evolution are great RPGs that will last you a good amount of time, especially if you do all of the extra content (bonus dungeons and what not).

Other than that, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (if you can find it) is an excellent RPG as well. Ys Seven was also really good.

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']
I'm interested in Action, Adventure and RPG games.[/QUOTE]

What I have played and liked IMHO.
Action/Adventure

• Sid Meier's Pirates!
  • GTA: Liberty City Stories
  • GTA: Vice City Stories
  • Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
  • MGS: Portable Ops
  • MGS: Peace Walker
  • Resistance: Retribution
RPG

• Crisis Core: FF VII
  • FF Tactics: War of the Lions
  • P3P
  • Valkyria Chronicles II

For myself, 2 of my favorite action-type games were the God of War games on PSP (Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta). Fun to play and look at, lots of great killing moves, some puzzles (nothing too difficult) and lots of different scenery as you progress through the game.

I have many of those mentioned above and would recommend most of them too if you like those categories of games. Might be best to pick what looks like one of the best from each category to get a feel for what king of games you like, and then get more from the category you find most entertaining.

For the week of 2/8, Atlus has their RPG's on sale for the PSN store.

This includes Persona, Persona 3 Portable, Heyzx Force, and others

Ys Seven
Ys: The Oath In Felghana
Ys I&II Chronicles (when it comes out next week)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

[quote name='Cheddahz']Dissida Final Fantasy was fun, but I heard Lunar and Ys are good games for the PSP
gam.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I would have to agree on lunar...

bread's done
Back