Suggestion for Trading Forum

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
This is just a small suggestion, but its something that I think would be a great idea. In the trading forum, I like to go to threads that have prices, so I know what I'm dealing with. But yet, you can't find those types without lopening up each individual thread. So what I was suggessting is that, could we have some sort of either A) An icon which would clearly display or represent that the thread has prices listed or B) Some other option, such as a checkmark or a star, something at the end or before each title which would let people know.

Anything that would clearly display this would be a great feature to have and wouldn't be too hard to impliment into the forums. What do you all think about it and have any ideas? :)

I think all we'd really need is a new icon for posts with a dollar sign to mark TLs with prices. Maybe we could just use the Best Buy price tag for now.

If you could find an automated way to do this, I'd love to see it.

If it was voluntary, people would use it incorrectly, so it would invalidate the use of it.

Great idea in concept, impossible to execute effectively.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you could find an automated way to do this, I'd love to see it.

If it was voluntary, people would use it incorrectly, so it would invalidate the use of it.

Great idea in concept, impossible to execute effectively.[/quote]

Automated? No, I dont see that happening. Thats not what I'm saying.

I'm assuming voluntary. I don't see why it couldn't work? Most traders on CAG are pretty reliable and trustworthy. But rules for it would have to be stated.

Just some example:
-If half or more of your items have prices, you can use the feature.
-People could be allowed to mod alert it, and have a mod change it if not abiding by the rules. If abused, banning could be a threat for the trading forum for X amount of days.

I think regular would CAG's would also help enforce the rules. For example, if someone is displaying whatever the actual icon or the feature is without following the rules, CAG's would probably tell the seller that he needs to either stop displaying that, or add prices, etc. And the same if the seller is displaying prices, but not the feature. I think the feature would help sellers sell more items, and provide more conveinence for buyers.

I'm still trying to think EXACTLY what this 'feature' could be. But it would be something simple, and I think it would work. And IF it wouldn't, it would be simple, so it could always be taken out.

I think that maybe people could just add one of these $ to their TL title. Like..

$ Millertime's Tradelist! PS2 and Xbox360 games for trade!

etc. etc.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I think that maybe people could just add one of these $ to their TL title. Like..

$ Millertime's Tradelist! PS2 and Xbox360 games for trade!

etc. etc.[/quote]

Possibly, but if there was some sort of feature, more people would do this.

Otherwise its kind of how it is now. Unless there was some way for people to know this and use it, it seems kind of worthless (in a way) and not very noticeable.

Could we do some type of test for this to see how it'd go?

All I'd like is a $ icon. Then if a mod (or I can) could sticky a thread displaying whats its used for. If it doesn't work out, than it can be deleted. But I'd like to try it if possible.

This would be really nice.

For now I think people with priced items would do them self a favor by putting something like 'w/ prices!' in the title.

bread's done
Back