suggestion on wii gun

leung19

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
i'm gettin a couple of shooting game for sure, and just wondering if i can get some suggestion on what gun to buy.

there is so many on ebay, so i dont know which one is good and which one is not good. suggestion would really help

thanks

ref=pd_bbs_1

[quote name='NGamer']just get the official wii zapper. makes your wii remote like a gun.[/quote]
I, unfortunately, agree if for no other reason than to get Link's Crossbow Training. It's an extremely fun game in my opinion especially for $20.

I recommend the Zapper too. With the caveat, however, that it does take getting used to, especially for the games that force you to shoot with the front trigger. I had to go through all of LinksCBT and part of RE:UC before I went from Zapper hate to Zapper love. LinksCBT is also a good few hours of fun.

EDIT: Some people like the Perfect Shot. I would suggest that if you plan on playing games with calibration (i.e. Ghost Squad, HoD2&3). For games without it and just cursor control, I find the Zapper easier to use since I'm shooting from the hip.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Perfect Shot for sure. Find a used copy of Link's Crossbow Training.[/QUOTE]

Perfect Shot. /topic.

I don't usually do that, but seriously Perfect shot is way better than the Wii zapper. But it doesn't hurt to get both, that way you get the zelda game too.

Get a Zapper AND a Perfect Shot.
Link's Crossbow Training is a good time, and when you buy games like RE:UC, Ghost Squad, and HotD 2+3 you'll have an extra gun for 2 player action.

The zapper is fun but the novelty wears off after a while. I would wait till summer when more games come out for it.

Can't comment on the Perfect Shot as I haven't used one, but I like the zapper. Works well if you keep the front hand steady, using it as a pivot point while moving the back hand back and forth.

I'm waiting for this one, though... LINK

Friend scoring all the hits in Ghost Squad? Pop out the Wiimote and pop in the Nerf darts. Time for some friendly fire.

I got both, I had to mod my Zapper by adding a spring inside the trigger area so now it is responsive instead of squshy.

The Zapper is fun in games using like a shot gun, otherwise shooting with the Perfect Shot is the real arcade experience.

Wii Zapper Compatible Shooters worth playing:
LCT - Comes with Zapper
RE: UC
Ghost Squad
House of Dead 2/3

I tried Medal of Honor: Heros 2 which to me felt like a let down. The movement is "bulky" and unrefined, a noble attempt but too frustrating. Target Terror coming out looks like crap too.

so i guess perfect shot is my choice huh? can i play all shooting game with this gun? i dont want to buy diff gun for diff game.

what about those cheap ass gun on ebay?

I love the Zapper. It makes your aim real steady and you can pivot like eugaet said. It's well constructed and feels really solid.

Link's Crossbow Training is fun but HotD2+3 is great.

[quote name='eugaet']Can't comment on the Perfect Shot as I haven't used one, but I like the zapper. Works well if you keep the front hand steady, using it as a pivot point while moving the back hand back and forth.

I'm waiting for this one, though... LINK

Friend scoring all the hits in Ghost Squad? Pop out the Wiimote and pop in the Nerf darts. Time for some friendly fire.[/quote]
When is that supossed to be coming out?
As for topic, I only have wii zapper, its kinda annoying to use one handed. I want to get a perfect shot and that nerf one above too. Also saw a shotgun shell that looks pretty cool, but no clue when we might see that.

[quote name='lilboo']Get a Zapper AND a Perfect Shot.
Link's Crossbow Training is a good time, and when you buy games like RE:UC, Ghost Squad, and HotD 2+3 you'll have an extra gun for 2 player action.[/quote]

Damn straight.

I got a Zapper as as gift, so it wasn't a big deal to pick up a Perfect Shot as well. You can use two guns for multiplayer, and some games are just better with the Zapper while others are more comfortable with the Perfect Shot.... it just depends.

Another vote for both. Each has it's flaws in terms of comfort (Perfect Shot makes your hand tired and Zapper puts your hand at an awkward angle), but both have advantages depending on the style of game you're playing.

I did just try one in each hand last night on the shooting range in Wii Play and didn't notice a significant difference in my score between the two, other than a slight advantage to whichever gun was in my right hand.

bread's done
Back