suggestions for neo*geo pocket games?

propeller_head

CAGiversary!
so far i have Bubble Bobble and SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millennium

what other games are good?

any suggestions on where to find them? (besides scouring eBay)

thanks

Faselei

Capcom Vs. SNK Card Fighters Clash

Both Metal Slugs

Fatal Fury was pretty cool

To get the games, other than Ebay, the only place I can think of that has some decent cart only prices is Play- Asia.

thanks they all sound like good suggestions.

i love 2d sonic games. the last one i enjoyed was on my game gear. so hopefully this will bring back the experience.

Card Fighters Clash will suck your life from you and never give it back. One of the few games of the thousands I've played that I've broke a triple digit hour mark in. 106 hours total. If you have someone to play against, that's what happens.

There's really not a bad fighting game for the console (actually, not many bad ones at all in general for the system). You have the best one, so some may feel like a small comedown, but rest assured you'll have fun with all of them. Gals Fighters is great.

If you have a small interest in golf at all, Neo Turf Masters got a great translation.

Cotton provides some great shooting action.

Baseball Stars is great too, though the Japanese baseball game whose name I forgot is better.

Big Bang Pro wrestling is a blast too. Tons of technique for a two button console.

Mega Man can be found for a price, a translation of the two arcade fighters. It's not a great game to begin with, but the port is impressive.

i looked on play-asia and all they seem to have is bundles of NGP + 6-7 games. but theyre sold out. i keep asking my local stores to call me if they get any used NGP games but they tell me not to hold my breath; as if its as rare as finding $100 on the sidewalk.

sucks because all the ones ive seen on ebay say they're "new" but then say no box no instructions, just cartridge. how is that new? & ya cant simply walk back into the store the next day and ask for a refund or exchange if it doesnt work :(

[quote name='propeller_head']sucks because all the ones ive seen on ebay say they're "new" but then say no box no instructions, just cartridge. how is that new? & ya cant simply walk back into the store the next day and ask for a refund or exchange if it doesnt work :([/QUOTE]

Once the system died, all the stock was sold to resellers. To cut down on the cost, they never printed boxes or manuals. I've bought many games like this and they work fine. Don't worry about that. They're cheap enough too. Just make sure their feedback is decent and you'll be fine.

[quote name='gamereviewgod']
Baseball Stars is great too, though the Japanese baseball game whose name I forgot is better.

[/quote]

The other baseball game was Dynamite Slugger

[quote name='gamereviewgod']Once the system died, all the stock was sold to resellers. To cut down on the cost, they never printed boxes or manuals. I've bought many games like this and they work fine. Don't worry about that. They're cheap enough too. Just make sure their feedback is decent and you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to reiterate this - buying the games new, cart-only (with plastic case) off ebay is a great way to get them. I recommend this one: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcallistooQQhtZ-1 - when I last ordered from them, they had a large stock of NGPC that they were willing to sell though the games weren't listed on ebay.

If you already have the system, this next link may or may not be of use to you, though you can get 24 games and a boxed, new system for about $90:
http://blujay.com/item/Neo-Geo-Pocket-Color-System-Blue-Bundle-w-24-Games-15050000-1534078

I know the site looks sketchy, but I can personally vouch for the fact that they pack the games well and ship pretty quickly.

Finally, I actually wrote up a review of this particular 24 + system package here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111299

Note: I have no connection to any of the above companies besides being their customer.

[quote name='propeller_head']i looked on play-asia and all they seem to have is bundles of NGP + 6-7 games. but theyre sold out. i keep asking my local stores to call me if they get any used NGP games but they tell me not to hold my breath; as if its as rare as finding $100 on the sidewalk.

sucks because all the ones ive seen on ebay say they're "new" but then say no box no instructions, just cartridge. how is that new? & ya cant simply walk back into the store the next day and ask for a refund or exchange if it doesnt work :([/quote]

I saw a few of these at Fry's a while ago.. Not sure if they are still there. Good luck :)!

bread's done
Back