Suggestions for use of $10 GS code

retrovertigo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have two of the $10 GameStop coupon codes, and because they can't be combined with any other offer (or stacked upon each other), getting a good deal isn't as easy as I had expected. With some of the 15% off coupons, it pretty much negates the bonus of these codes.

I'm a bit disappointed that it's not possible to buy any points cards with the $10/off code.

Anybody have good suggestions as to what these codes might work on besides games?

[quote name='retrovertigo']I have two of the $10 GameStop coupon codes, and because they can't be combined with any other offer (or stacked upon each other), getting a good deal isn't as easy as I had expected. With some of the 15% off coupons, it pretty much negates the bonus of these codes.

I'm a bit disappointed that it's not possible to buy any points cards with the $10/off code.

Anybody have good suggestions as to what these codes might work on besides games?[/QUOTE]

You sure it doesn't stack...I've had a bunch of those codes and always managed to get them to work with existing coupons....not all coupons but a lot of them

[quote name='Drabelincoln']You sure it doesn't stack...I've had a bunch of those codes and always managed to get them to work with existing coupons....not all coupons but a lot of them[/QUOTE]

No, they don't stack. It's pretty much a one-shot deal.

Shouldn't this have been posted in another section, i thought this section was for deals.

I'm in the same boat: got codes and nothing to use them on. Last time I buy from gamestop over amazon if free credit is involved.

Since those codes have a two year expiry, just hold on to them for now. You never know what crazy glitch gamestop will come up with next...

[quote name='retrovertigo']I have two of the $10 GameStop coupon codes, and because they can't be combined with any other offer (or stacked upon each other), getting a good deal isn't as easy as I had expected. With some of the 15% off coupons, it pretty much negates the bonus of these codes.

Anybody have good suggestions as to what these codes might work on besides games?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='retrovertigo']Yup. I don't post a lot, but I've been around for awhile![/QUOTE]

Wow great deal...in for 1000

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Buy something that costs less than $10 so you only pay $3 in shipping for it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, use your $10 off coupon to get $7 off.

DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!

Right on the top of this forum. Can't miss it.

Here is my advice: don't use the coupon. Wait. Maybe it will stack with B2G1. Maybe it will stack with future discounts. Maybe there will be price drops and price mistakes to use it on. The coupon expires in 2 years. You will almost certainly maximize its value by waiting.

[quote name='cusoman']DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!

Right on the top of this forum. Can't miss it.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's color blind and this didn't pop out at him like it does to everyone else. /s

Everything said is true. The $10 Gamestop credit is pratically useless. It doesn't stack, Gamestop charges shipping and taxes and their games are mostly full retail price.

Look at all the Gamestop defence force at work!

don't u lose the code once u input into the sytstem? so if someone decides trial and error to check for nxt gamestop glitch, they might lose their code as well

[quote name='melon-juice']don't u lose the code once u input into the sytstem? so if someone decides trial and error to check for nxt gamestop glitch, they might lose their code as well[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't think so. If it does I would just call them and complain until they replace it.

[quote name='melon-juice']don't u lose the code once u input into the sytstem? so if someone decides trial and error to check for nxt gamestop glitch, they might lose their code as well[/QUOTE]

You dont lose the code. Ive done trial and error multiple times, on different PC's. It does keep the code for me though, so once I log in and put something in the cart, it is automatically applied.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I was thinking about just using it on Final Fantasy Tactics A2.[/QUOTE]

good choice...

I don't know.

Send one to me, and I'll find out for you. :cool:

I'm thinking about calling them up and threatening them that i am going to order from amazon unless they give me a gift card for 40 dollars, not 2 for 10 and one for 20. I'm gonna probably cancel my order tomarrow if they don't get real.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. Looks I've already been sitting on one of these codes for about 2 months. Guess I'll wait and see if GameStop gets competitive with Amazon again with some of their price drops. Might be worth using them then.

I'm still irritated that they're extremely limited in their scope of use. Can't apply to points cards, can't stack, etc.

bread's done
Back