Suggestions on good CDR or DVD R media?

Gourd

CAGiversary!
Greetings.

I don't know much about which brands produce decent quality recordable discs. Recently I purchased a new automobile with a head unit capable of playing mp3 disks, and a few other gadgets which can handle DVD Rs, and suddenly the DVD recorder in my rig seems useful.

What kind of media should I be looking for? Which brand? I'm also not sure where to buy it...

Anyway, thanks for any help.

I never had any problems with any brand I have bought recently.

I like imation discs tho...they are cheap and get the job done.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Taiyo Yuden[/QUOTE]

[quote name='help1']Verbatim.[/QUOTE]

No retail stores carry Taiyo Yunden's but if you don't mind ordering them from Newegg, they're the best brand you can buy. Verbatim is the next best but you can buy those anywhere.

[quote name='norkusa']No retail stores carry Taiyo Yunden's but if you don't mind ordering them from Newegg, they're the best brand you can buy. Verbatim is the next best but you can buy those anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. And as far as I know, Verbatim sometimes re-badges TY media. The only problem about TY media is that there's a lot of fake TY media out there- even legit stores sell them unknowingly.

I've never had too much trouble with brand besides Memorex. Back in the CD-R days, they were great but now they suck (writable CDs or DVDs). I also stay away from Sony, Imitation, and 'store brand' media because they're so inconsistent with quality.

So basically, Verbatim or TY.;)

TDK is another good one to look for if you prefer to buy from retail stores. They're the next best thing behind Verbatim and TY, IMO.

bread's done
Back