Suggestions to buy a new turn based strategy game

stmiller13

CAGiversary!
Greetings all, I am looking for a new game to play on my PC. I enjoy RPG's, real time strategy and turn based strategy games. I am currently looking for a new turn based game. I have all the Civ from 2-4, Disciples, a few might and magic games. Im sure there has been a good turn based strategy game that has escaped me. Looking for your suggestios, thanks in advance.

If you liked Disciples and M&M, you'll probably like Age of Wonders 2 Shadow Magic

If you like civilization I would suggest masters of orion 1 and 2. They are older but they are classics and Masters of orion 2 is the only game I found as addictive as Civilization.

RPGs: Never winter nights 1&2, any of the fallout games.

Xcom ufo defense is that the same game from like 10 years ago or did they finally make a sequal? That was a great game lol.
Masters of orion I know I had part 2 cant remember if I had the 1st one. Man it seems like there have been very few good turn based strategy games recently.
Age of Wonders 2, yep had that one as well, thanks for the suggestion though.

Armagedon Empires....gonna do a google search on it. Same with Sins and Wesnoth, thanks again. I hope 1 of thse games will fill my turn based strategy craving.

[quote name='stmiller13']Xcom ufo defense is that the same game from like 10 years ago or did they finally make a sequal? That was a great game lol.
Masters of orion I know I had part 2 cant remember if I had the 1st one. Man it seems like there have been very few good turn based strategy games recently.
Age of Wonders 2, yep had that one as well, thanks for the suggestion though.

Armagedon Empires....gonna do a google search on it. Same with Sins and Wesnoth, thanks again. I hope 1 of thse games will fill my turn based strategy craving.[/QUOTE]

It's the same game. There have been some imitations recently but none are as good as the original IMO.

Also, don't forget about UFO's true sequel, XCOM: Terror From The Deep. There's also the third in the series, which you could play real-time and pause if you wanted XCOM: Apocalypse. I'd rate them best to worse the same order as they came out, but they're all fun.

Also have you tried the Jagged Alliance games?

[quote name='Fertil1ty']WTF all you noobs didnt say Rome: Total War? Its 50% of a turn based strategy and its kickass![/QUOTE]

Total War is pretty good. Isn't there a newer game in the series? I was thinking they made a new Medieval game.

Galactic Civilizations II is a good turn-based game.

Sins of Solar Empire isn't turn-based but got good reviews.

Gal. Civ. II (and the expan.) are great-as well as silent storm.I've been reading a lot of excellent reviews of Armageddon Empires,I'm going to have to take a look at it.I just started HOMM V,so its a bit early to tell,but so far its pretty good.

bread's done
Back