suikoden $12.99 (+$6) game crazy (YMMV?)

oleander

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
As I wrote in another post, I got suikoden for $13 today at game crazy. I've gotten the impression from previous visits that their prices are pretty universal, and apparently if they have it anywhere, you can pay $6 for them to get it shipped from the other store (I would still advise checking about the price...I think you have to pay shipping whether or not you buy the game). From what I understand, $19 would still be a good deal...just a thought.

By anywhere, I assume you mean anywhere within the United States? Cause, if that is true...wow. o_O Time to finally complete my PS-one RPG collection.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's how it works...I haven't done it though (for lack of a compelling reason). I was looking for some SNES games this summer and they said they could do this for me, but the games were already too expensive, and $6 is pretty crazy for shipping (especially because they ship it to the store, not to me).

well the problem here is that you could be getting a disc only copy which isnt too bad but some people need it complete.

I've considered doing this before but their prices on older stuff are sometimes higher than ebay, tack on an extra $6 for shipping and the fact that it often takes months for them to track down the game really makes it a mediocre deal.

[quote name='62t']well the problem here is that you could be getting a disc only copy which isnt too bad but some people need it complete.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, its probably disc only. I'm not sure if this is just at the gamecrazys in Houston and Austin, but all the gamecrazys I go to now got rid of the cases and put them in little white disc sleeves.

for those people who think they are going to get rare stuff, things like Suikoden II or Panzer Dragoon Saga cannot be ordered. There are some rare things like Tales of Destiny II that you can order, but the price is $34.99 + 6.00 so u are paying $41 for a potentially disc only copy.

Yeah, its probably disc only. I'm not sure if this is just at the gamecrazys in Houston and Austin, but all the gamecrazys I go to now got rid of the cases and put them in little white disc sleeves.

Man...I don't know what the hell you are talking about to be honest. I shop in both Houston and Austin all of the time and I've scored countless complete PSX, Dreamcast, and even Saturn games from the Gamecrazy stores.

But from the sounds of their ad(which mentions this), it sounds like they take the money and then search for a copy. If they can't find a copy, they refund the money to you. Maybe some GC employee can clarify how this works. Cause there are a few SNES games I'm looking for that I'd want to special order.

Well I don't want to sound mean, but I did post this same topic about 6 mounths ago (roughly). GC only lets you SO games that they have instock somewhere. So if you can SO it, then they have it, also if the game doesn't come the way you want it (complete, mint) then they'll ship it back and get you another copy, at least that's what my GC did for me (ymmv however).

YEah, i got my space channel 5 SE from them that way, i paid like 11 bucks total. but i asked them and they said they have a list of games that they cant special order, so no gitaroo man and no MvC. i think suidoken might be on the list too.

[quote name='pinoy530']Yeah, its probably disc only. I'm not sure if this is just at the gamecrazys in Houston and Austin, but all the gamecrazys I go to now got rid of the cases and put them in little white disc sleeves.[/QUOTE]

I think that's YMMV- I've been to 3 Game Crazys in my area... 2 have cases, 1's just disc sleeves (lucky for me, it's the farthest one away and the one I'm least likely to come back to, as such.)

I'm pretty sure that you're allowed to special order any game, they just cant guarantee that they'll get you one. The way it works is you pay $6 for the shipping, and they submit that special order to the corporate offices, corporate offices check all the GameCrazy's to see if anyone has it, and if they find a store that has it, then that store gets contacted and they send the game to the GameCrazy where the game was special ordered. If they are unable to locate a copy of the game you're looking for or if you are unsatisfied with the condition of the game you received (i.e. disc only) then you could get a refund of your $6.

Oh, and about the cases. I know they store most of their older system games (PS1, Dremcast) in the white sleeves, but they do keep a number of original cases in storage at some. So if you're buying an older game, check with the guy to see if they have the case in the back.

The Special Order Program works like this.

You want a game, you pay $6 for shipping and handling, and also for the time spent searching for the game. When you actually get the game, you pay for the actual price, or get the $6 refunded if it's not in good condition. There is an exclusion list, things like Suikoden 1+2, NES Stadium Events, MvC2, Gitaroo Man, Valkyrie Profile, Resident Evil 2+3 GC, etc. Anything that's uber rare or that you could make lots of profit off ebay with probably both wouldn't show up in any store's inventory, and if it did, it'd get purchased before it was found by special order. So it's a good program, and you can also specify condition before you special order. Just tell them if you need a good condition disc, or a complete copy, or whatever. They'll add that to the special order form.

I'm thinking about special ordering Zone of the Enders 2, cause i can't find it and I love that game.

My husband bought a Rez like that. It came complete, but it did have some writing on the disk. I think it took about 2 months to get it. You just have to keep your receipt. They called him and let him know it was in, and he paid full price for it (don't remember what it was, but it was comparable, not ebay prices).

His buddy was ticked, because he'd ordered the same game the same way, before hubby, and hubby was called before the buddy was.

[quote name='browneyedgal68']My husband bought a Rez like that. It came complete, but it did have some writing on the disk. [/QUOTE]

You can remove Sharpie marker from games using a very cheap solvent called Goof Off. You can get it at Home Depot or Wal-Mart.

bread's done
Back