Suikoden 2

alan90oblivion

CAGiversary!
I have searched nearly everywhere and the price is just way too high!
So if anyone could help me to a few cheaper deals, I would be appreciated.

[quote name='alan90oblivion']I have searched nearly everywhere and the price is just way too high!
So if anyone could help me to a few cheaper deals, I would be appreciated.[/quote]

Hahaha, good luck buddy. But seriously, things like that piss me off. It's more of a collectible than a game, and that's fine if you want it for it's rarity. But what if you just want to play it to experience the game? It's totally not worth the $200 that ebay gets for it.

What a sucky situation.

yah, good luck

ive actually owned about 7 of these in the past 4 years

i found 3 at walmart...bought them for 29.99 each and sold for waaaaaaay higher

then i found one last year at a pawn shop for 10...sold for about 70

of course i have my original and backups, great game!

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='alan90oblivion']I have searched nearly everywhere and the price is just way too high!
So if anyone could help me to a few cheaper deals, I would be appreciated.[/quote]

Hahaha, good luck buddy. But seriously, things like that piss me off. It's more of a collectible than a game, and that's fine if you want it for it's rarity. But what if you just want to play it to experience the game? It's totally not worth the $200 that ebay gets for it.

What a sucky situation.[/quote]

Yeah, that does suck. Why don't they just make a GH version of it? It's selling out like hotcakes!

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='alan90oblivion']I have searched nearly everywhere and the price is just way too high!

wow keep spreading the misinformationa round...maybe itll become true....have u ever even been to ebay?they go for 80-100...no clue where you got that 200$ figure, when u find one post a link to it here then maybe ill be able to believe anything you say...

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='alan90oblivion']I have searched nearly everywhere and the price is just way too high!

wow keep spreading the misinformationa round...maybe itll become true....have u ever even been to ebay?they go for 80-100...no clue where you got that 200$ figure, when u find one post a link to it here then maybe ill be able to believe anything you say...[/quote]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3084987445&category=62053

There you go. I guess prices have bottomed out a bit, but if memory serves, when Suikoden III first came out, this price was not uncommon.

My memory might be a little foggy, but you wanted one, so there you go. Gimmie a dollar.

heh btw, YOU GOT SERVED!

Keep checking the Gamestop game locator, and you may get lucky. They don't show any in Cincinatti, but there are 2 stores in Columbus showing availability ($50, may or may not have case and instructions). A bit of a drive, I don't know if it is worth it to you.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='alan90oblivion']I have searched nearly everywhere and the price is just way too high!

wow keep spreading the misinformationa round...maybe itll become true....have u ever even been to ebay?they go for 80-100...no clue where you got that 200$ figure, when u find one post a link to it here then maybe ill be able to believe anything you say...[/quote]
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...-1/ref=xs_ap_bun1_xgl63_a/002-3207534-4382411
There are some even over $200, but they're all new versions.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='alan90oblivion']I have searched nearly everywhere and the price is just way too high!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3084987445&category=62053

There you go. I guess prices have bottomed out a bit, but if memory serves, when Suikoden III first came out, this price was not uncommon.

My memory might be a little foggy, but you wanted one, so there you go. Gimmie a dollar.

heh btw, YOU GOT SERVED![/quote]

OMGOODNESS! :shock: i would sell my suikoden 2 for that much!!!

The prices for this game have increased significantly since last year. The average price a year ago for a mint copy was about $80, now it seems to be $120-$150 with extreme cases like the link posted above going for over $200. Sealed copies usually go for that much. But yeah, your best chance of getting this game cheap is to constantly check EB or Gamestop. They sometimes (rarely) get used copies in and they sell them for I believe $49-59. Good luck. If you just want to play it, then just bid on disc only auctions, you can generally get it for around $40-$50.

I saw Suiokoden 1 for ten bucks on Amazon, used, this morning. But was too slow. Someone else beat me to it.

D'oh!

I've recently seen two used copies of this game at the local EBGames for 38.00 each. The cases were all beat to hell so I could only imagine what the discs looked like. Even if the discs were okay I didn't want to pay that much for one. It would be nice if they made a Suikoden collection I-III before IV comes out.

[quote name='Theenternal']quit bumping this thread, it keeps reminding me that i don't have the game :(....bad memories[/quote]
definitely :x

Check local used game shops, I got my copy at a small shop about a year ago for 10$ in good condition. I heard it was a good game and had no clue how expensive they were. Great game, not 120$ great, but if you can find it for something reasonable go ahead and pick it up.

Does anyone know the print run for this game? I know it's not nearly as rare as people make it out to be but it's rare enough not to fill demand.

In any case just keep checking in on EB or Gamestop. Those stores get the game in every so often, you'll just have to beat the dealers and resellers to it.

Suikoden 2 is now in stock on Gamestop.com. There's no guarantee about the game having a box, however...

Edit: Actually, the website says "The used video games we sell do not come with boxes or instruction manuals." So ALL of the preowned games on gamestop.com come without a box, manual? When did that happen?

I read long time ago that it only had a 4,000 copies printed. It only had a cult following and so Konami only printed that much, plus it was released on the final days of PSX. I do hope that they dont do a compilation.

[quote name='FlipSide']I do hope that they dont do a compilation.[/quote]

You can't tell me a PSP version of Suikoden I-III wouldn't be great? :wink: I just want to play the games and don't want to shell out 100+ dollars on I and II in order to play PSOne games.

[quote name='kaw'][quote name='FlipSide']I do hope that they dont do a compilation.[/quote]

You can't tell me a PSP version of Suikoden I-III wouldn't be great? :wink: I just want to play the games and don't want to shell out 100+ dollars on I and II in order to play PSOne games.[/quote]

this may be a dumb question, but what is a psp version? you mean ps2?

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='kaw'][quote name='FlipSide']I do hope that they dont do a compilation.[/quote]

You can't tell me a PSP version of Suikoden I-III wouldn't be great? :wink: I just want to play the games and don't want to shell out 100+ dollars on I and II in order to play PSOne games.[/quote]

this may be a dumb question, but what is a psp version? you mean ps2?[/quote]
A PSP is the new sony handheld that is going to be released sometime in the future.

[quote name='FlipSide']I read long time ago that it only had a 4,000 copies printed. It only had a cult following and so Konami only printed that much, plus it was released on the final days of PSX. I do hope that they dont do a compilation.[/quote]

4,000 copies? Dragon Ball GT had a larger print run that!

I seem to remember Suikoden 2's print run being about 70,000, with Suikoden 1 at ~120,000 and Suikoden 3's above 300,000. Don't remember where I got that from or whether it was actually sales or shipments....

bread's done
Back