Suikoden II, so close...

lionheart4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I just checked Gamestop's site and they had one in stock about 20 mins away from here. I called to see if they really had it, and they did. I asked for the condition and the guy said it was not complete and was actually kind of "shady" (his words). He said it was just the back of the case and a disk. I don't think that's really worth the trip, I was hoping for one with the case and instructions, $40 + tax + a few gallons of gas isn't worth it for something I do want to play, but not immediately.

I wish they would just make a suikoden collection allready. i've owned this game twice I couldn't resist selling it for 100+ You can find it it just takes alot of determanation. The other day I found a complete gitaroo man at EB for 40 when i went to go check it out the guy at the counter had this look on his face like "How did I let this one slip by" lol

you should have bought it, played it & then sold it on Ebay easily making a profit I've seen disc only go for 70+ :)

Yeah, I really just want to play it basically. I got Suikoden 3 a couple years ago when I was looking for a solid RPG to play based on reviews, and I liked it, and read that 2 was even better from a lot of people. I don't really care too much for the collector's value of it, that's why I won't pay Ebay prices for a complete copy, but I also don't want to pay $40 or more just for a beat up disk that I might not even get around to for a while. I'm not really that interested in Suikoden I, even though I'm sure it was solid in its time it might be a little dated for me.

I know I probably could make some profit off of it, but after the cost of gas, probably about $5 to get there and tax, this is close to $50 for the disk only, sight unseen. The guy said it wasn't in great shape, and was traded in with just the back half of the case, not even a whole jewel case. I'm not sure I could pull $70 for a beat up disk on ebay, and I'm pretty beat from work all day. If it was complete I would probably make the drive out there since I'll probably never find a complete one that cheap, but I don't want to give up my night to go get something just for a marginal profit.

It was hard to find even when it came out, I had to pay $45 at a Wal Mart a few months after it came out, but it was well worth it.

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']Not to steal anyone thunder but I got Suikoden comp/perfect today for $10[/QUOTE]

Do tell, how'd you manage that?

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']Not to steal anyone thunder but I got Suikoden comp/perfect today for $10[/QUOTE]

1 or 2? 1 is pretty easy to find and IMHO is the best one of the series

I went to the gamecrazy in Cudahy, WI a DAY after a complete copy of Suikoden 2 was sold there. The guy who bought it came into the gamecrazy I work at told me about it. The worst part is I know it'll get resold to somebody for $150 now. I hate that shit, I just want to play the damn game. PLEASE, konami, re-release suikoden 1 and 2 so all the ebayers will be universally dissapointed.

[quote name='Epic Wolf']you should have bought it, played it & then sold it on Ebay easily making a profit I've seen disc only go for 70+ :)[/QUOTE]

yeah i just sold mine, disc only SI and SII for $90 shipped. It was kinda creepy because when I listed, it was sold in like 30 secs. I put a buy it now for $85.

I don't understand why Enix hasn't come out with a Dragon Quest compilation like Square did with Anthology, Chronicles and Origins. I don't see why Konami hasn't done a Suikoden retro either.

You would think that all of these companies that make one or two of a RPG series games per generation would bundle previous editions in collectors packs. Star Ocean would be a good one as would Wild Arms and The Legend of Mana games, they haven't even all been released here.

I never even knew about the original Star Ocean when I had an SNES but did have the Legend of Mana. I have no idea how or when I got rid of it, I really did enjoy it though.

I still have a complete copy of Suikoden I lying around somewhere. When 2 came out I really didn't have the money and ended up forgetting about it. Odd that so many people adore it now and the price is so high. The first one is really great, but not worth $90 or anything.

I think it will be interesting to see how the Revolution's built-in emulation affects the retro gaming market. If they're successful, then I think other companies will jump in the market more.

Compilations are a good idea for older RPGs and I will never understand why Konami, Enix, and Capcom can't see this. Capcom has Breath of Fire I-IV (with II being rare for both the SNES and GBA, as well as underrated), Konami has Suikoden and Vandel Hearts, and Enix has the amazing Dragon Warrior/Quest series. I actually played my NES Dragon Warrior I-IV today just to beat the boss (damn Hargon and Malroth with their infinite MP to use Healall). Dragon Warrior V and VI need a US release and the GBA or DS should get a Dragon Warrior IV (one of the best games of all time) remix (just like the GBC got a remix of I-III). I fell in love all over again with the series with the time I spent with GBC Dragon Warrior III on the trip (thank you EB.com).

well you'd think that square and enix joined together you'd see a dragon warrior compilation by now..

suikoden 1/2 need to go greatest hits or need to go into a compilation.. it is RIDICULOUS how much those two go for.. i'm sure they are well worth it.. but geez.. if the best game on the playstation was Metal Gear Solid would any of you pay 90-150 for it? i wouldn't.

Suikoden I is only going for $40 if I remember correctly. Still a good amount, but not nearly as :shock: as Suikoden II.

I wouldn't mind having a compilation - so long as I'm told well in advance so I can sell of my Suikodens. :lol:

[quote name='lionheart4life']I just checked Gamestop's site and they had one in stock about 20 mins away from here. I called to see if they really had it, and they did. I asked for the condition and the guy said it was not complete and was actually kind of "shady" (his words). He said it was just the back of the case and a disk. I don't think that's really worth the trip, I was hoping for one with the case and instructions, $40 + tax + a few gallons of gas isn't worth it for something I do want to play, but not immediately.[/QUOTE]

you could got around 10-15 bucks out of that back of the case. or even picked up the manual online sometimes for 20-30 bucks. DUDE you could had a complete version for around 60 bucks

go on ebay.

sometimes you will find someone selling the back of the case for around 10-15
the manual goes for around 20-30

so if they picked up a disc only copy for 40 they could of ended up with a complete one for around well i guess that be 70 to high end 80 little cheaper then buying off ebay

I guess if you look at it as having a complete copy for $70 its probably worth it. I just didn't want to spend an hour driving out there just to get a look at it when the guy on the phone made it sound like it was in absolute crap condition.

Like others, I'm kind of holding out hope that they will release some sort of compilation or Greatest Hits version. This isn't too farfetched, look what happened to Final Fantasy Tactics. I finally got a chance to play it, refusing to give into the $50 ebay prices at the time. Now you can find original FFT's for like $15 pretty commonly.

[quote name='lionheart4life']I guess if you look at it as having a complete copy for $70 its probably worth it. I just didn't want to spend an hour driving out there just to get a look at it when the guy on the phone made it sound like it was in absolute crap condition.
[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me if he was counting on you thinking that so he could buy it :D

I went into Gamestop one day and to my surprise both Suikoden I and Suikoden II were there complete. 1 went for 29.99 and 2 went for 59.99 (priciest used game I ever saw, but whatever) I went ahead and bought them both with the intent on selling them on Ebay.

But once I got home with them I made the mistake of sticking them into my collection just to see what it would look like with my other PSX games. I couldn't part with them after that, no way. I kept them telling myself if I needed the money I could always sell them, well now I have no job and probably should sell them but I can't make myself do it! There's just no way.

bread's done
Back