Suikoden V preorder $40 at Gamestop.com

I think so, perhaps I was wrong about the price. I just wanted to point out the difference behind EB and GS at the moment for the price of this game.

I know Suikoden 4 had the price of $39.99 but I think I remember paying a full price of $49.99 for Suikoden 3 when it came out.

I'm pretty certain.

Thanks for the heads up. ^^

[quote name='Msia']I hope they let you use clear data from Suikoden IV to unlock bonuses in V.[/QUOTE]

Clear data from Suikoden IV unlocks bonuses in Suikoden Tactics. So I hope ST data is used in SV.

And I just noticed last night that EB has changed the price on Drakengard 2 to $39.99 as well. Gotta love those $40 games. :)

I will definitely be buying this game!!

...when it goes on sale at Toys R Us for $15 in a year. Then it will sit around sealed because I have yet to even play the first game even though I own all 4. ;)

do you know when/if the b&m gamestops should start getting the artbooks/soundtracks in stock? anyone get them in their hands yet?

My gamestops b&m usually hose me out of the bonus swag. So I have stopped preordering from them.

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']I know Suikoden 4 had the price of $39.99 but I think I remember paying a full price of $49.99 for Suikoden 3 when it came out.

I'm pretty certain.

Thanks for the heads up. ^^[/QUOTE]

"Last two" meaning Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics. ;)

Suikoden III was $49.99 at launch - I remember buying it during the B2G1 free deal when it came out, and was happy to save ~$15.

How's this game looking so far? It wasn't even on the radar for me, but I'm hoping that this will restore the series to the level of greatness it had with Suikoden II... III was weak (I hated the combat in that game) and IV was pretty bad... didn't even bother with tactics...

It's possible that you can upload SIV data since the game takes place several years before Suikoden I. I can't wait to get a preview build of this game sooon :) Sooo excted

Thanks alot OP, I don't "preorder" but what I do is count off the money for future games in my checking account ahead of time when I have the money, so that when I go get the game it doesn't even seem like it impacts my account. I had Suikoden V down for $54 (I include the tax too) I list it like this

Suikoden V 3/29 $54

but now that it's $39.99 it'll be this

Suikoden V 3/29 $43

So that directly saved me $11, awesome. :D

OP's link doesn't work anymore

and, i'll prob go to gamestop sometime next week to see if the goodies come with the preorder, since the website looks like it won't show it

I hope they let you use clear data from Suikoden IV to unlock bonuses in V.
It should unlock a feature which causes your PS2 to self-destruct. Therefore punishing you for ever finishing that pile of garbage.

I love the series, but S4 was absolutely horrendous.

[quote name='BIG5']It comes out the same day as Kingdom Hearts 2? Sorry, Suikoden, but I've got other priorities.[/QUOTE]

Now you know the reason why they are going to offer a soundtrack AND an artbook for it, and probably the $10 price cut as well.

[quote name='Roufuss']Now you know the reason why they are going to offer a soundtrack AND an artbook for it, and probably the $10 price cut as well.[/QUOTE]

Kingdom Hearts 1 has sold over 2.5 million copies in the US. It will DEMOLISH Suikoden V. Suikoden V could be $10 and come with a hooker and it will still get destroyed, and I say that as a HUGE Suikoden fan. If Konami has the slightest bit of sense they will either bump this up or push it back.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Kingdom Hearts 1 has sold over 2.5 million copies in the US. It will DEMOLISH Suikoden V. Suikoden V could be $10 and come with a hooker and it will still get destroyed, and I say that as a HUGE Suikoden fan. If Konami has the slightest bit of sense they will either bump this up or push it back.[/QUOTE]
Well as I see it, the Suikoden fans will get it no matter what, and frankly that's probably all Konami is counting on. I doubt they expect the game to tap into Kingdom Hearts' main audience. It's not like it's a Star Ocean game, and a Tales game releasing on the same day where you're getting similar audiences wanting the two games.

Personally I want Suikoden 5 far more than I want the sequel to a mediocre action/RPG, especially one where it looks like recycled a lot of the stuff from the first game (commence the flaming, I can take it). That's even after having played the abyssmal Suikoden 4. 1-3 were just that good.

Agreed, although the only reason I'm getting this at launch is for the supposed preorder artbook/ost. Otherwise I'd wait a bit since my plate's pretty full right now, and god knows Suikoden 4 dropped fast enough in price. Regardless though, the Suikoden series has been selling less and less with each installment, they need to get new customers, not just people who've bought the last title, and logically releasing it on the same day as probably one of the top 5 best selling titles for the year probably isn't a grand idea.

Still undecided on KH2, I'll probably wait a bit on that one. I also think KH was overrated, but it was still fun, but they totally/mostly fixed the camera issues and the gummi ship, so it automatically wins over the first game anyway.

[quote name='62t']actually the cag thing to do is to pick up Suikoden and wait for Kingdom hearts to become GH.[/QUOTE]

Nope I'll be waiting for stores like TRU/Target to sell Suikoden 5 for $10-20. I highly doubt it will be worth a launch purchase.

I'm getting KH2 and Suikoden V both when they come out. Will definitely beat Suikoden V before I even touch KH2 except for picking it up in the store. Besides all true Suiko fans would get the game at launch since KH2 will probably be on special in a week or two at Target at BB for 40 after launch anyway.

[quote name='Teodoric79']I'm getting KH2 and Suikoden V both when they come out. Will definitely beat Suikoden V before I even touch KH2 except for picking it up in the store. Besides all true Suiko fans would get the game at launch since KH2 will probably be on special in a week or two at Target at BB for 40 after launch anyway.[/QUOTE]

Why put it on special when the game has its own established audience who would fork over the money regardless of the price?

[quote name='Chacrana']How's this game looking so far? It wasn't even on the radar for me, but I'm hoping that this will restore the series to the level of greatness it had with Suikoden II... III was weak (I hated the combat in that game) and IV was pretty bad... didn't even bother with tactics...[/QUOTE]

Yeah...exactly.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Why put it on special when the game has its own established audience who would fork over the money regardless of the price?[/QUOTE]

Target and Best Buy usually put hot-selling games on special after the first week to get people to buy it from them instead of their competitors. Since the hard core audience would pick it up the first week from their preferred store and lowering the price encourages more sales and means more money for Target, and Best Buy.

Any chances we'll see a Tactics/V combo online for say $60?

They're coming out close enough together that it would make sense to do some kind of deal on buying both.

[quote name='Msia']Famitsu just reviewed this in Japan - Suikoden 5 PS2 - 8/7/9/8 - (32/40)[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. :applause:

Does anyone know the scores for the other Suikoden titles?

I preordered this game at Gamecrazy with the promises of a free Art Cell instead of the artbook/soundtrack that's being offered at GS/EB. Now to go out $5 down at GS/EB so I can grab the preorder goodies and then transfer my prebook to Kingdom Hearts 2 before the release date hits ;)

[quote name='Kain Vincent']Sounds good. :applause:

Does anyone know the scores for the other Suikoden titles?[/QUOTE]

Suikoden Tactics
Publisher: Konami
Number of P/Reviews: 70 PlayStation 2 71.4%

Suikoden V
Number of P/Reviews: 31 PlayStation 2 --

Suikoden III
Number of P/Reviews: 95 PlayStation 2 87.0%

Suikoden IV
Number of P/Reviews: 173 PlayStation 2 65.5%

Suikoden
Number of P/Reviews: 25 PlayStation 85.4%

Suikoden II
Number of P/Reviews: 38 PlayStation 82.7%

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/itemsearch.asp

[quote name='Msia']I hope they let you use clear data from Suikoden IV to unlock bonuses in V.[/QUOTE]

i hope not because IV was total crap and nobody played it.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Those gamerankings ratings are so sad for the first two Suikodens :([/QUOTE]

Suikoden III is only beating it because it had alot more coverage than the first two parts. But yes, it's criminal that part one is ranked below three. :whistle2:#

I thought 3 was much better than 1. The story was better than 1 by a mile, and 1 was FAR too easy. I beat it in less than 15 hours. 3 was great, and I've yet to play 2 yet... (or 4)

bread's done
Back