Suits and Blazers

Megalith

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Do I hate interviews. Not only do you have to act fake, but dress fake.

Does anybody know where I can assemble a decent looking suit for under $100? I'd love to be able to walk out of a store with those 3-piece suits so I don't have to spend an hour looking for the right tie, then another looking for the right jacket and pants, but those usually cost an arm and an leg.

What to do, what to do. Another problem is that at most of the stores I've gone to, like JCPenney, NOTHING FITS. It's like they don't make suits for young adults.

I am thinking about heading out to Target and seeing what kind of cheapo pieces I can stack together to look moderately decent, but if anybody has any suggestions or similar experiences, please share.

[quote name='Megalith']Do I hate interviews. Not only do you have to act fake, but dress fake.

Does anybody know where I can assemble a decent looking suit for under $100? I'd love to be able to walk out of a store with those 3-piece suits so I don't have to spend an hour looking for the right tie, then another looking for the right jacket and pants, but those usually cost an arm and an leg.

What to do, what to do. Another problem is that at most of the stores I've gone to, like JCPenney, NOTHING FITS. It's like they don't make suits for young adults.

I am thinking about heading out to Target and seeing what kind of cheapo pieces I can stack together to look moderately decent, but if anybody has any suggestions or similar experiences, please share.[/quote]

I have an internship right now and I bought a ton of stuff that looks pretty nice at Burlington Coat Factory. YMMV though.

Hmm try Syms....ionno if you have one near you

heres a link to their site...
http://www.syms.com/

Ive purchased 5 suits, each for under 150 and of pretty high quality. Ive seen cheaper pants and jackets....im sure you could find a good combo there for under 100.

Downside? They dont accept returns for cash, only refunds to your account or store credit, regardless of whether or not you have a receipt.

I got a full suit at Goodwill for $12. People said I looked good, since everything was my size. Sure, it isn't custom tailered, but you won't be finding one under $100 anywhere.

The best thing is, you'll very often find a match to the blazer or the pants, because most people take their time when it comes to finding an outfit. Throw in some belt and shoes, and you're looking to spend around $35-$40. :)

Try big dept stores, Macy's, Herberger's. And if your credit's good, open up that credit card and take 20% off if you're making a substantial purchase.

bread's done
Back