Summer 2008 TV Water Cooler

craven_fiend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
Alright, I know Summer isn't really all about tv, but for those of us that have shows returning this Summer (Burn Notice and Pysch people, looking at you; as well as others).

I am looking forward to the return of those 2 shows in a few weeks.

Anyone else think that Swingtown is doomed. It just seems like its a failure waiting to happen.

I was looking forward to Rescue Me, but they aren't doing a regular season because of that damn writers strike delaying everything. Instead they're doing this mini peisode crap. Ah well...

[quote name='JolietJake']I was looking forward to Rescue Me, but they aren't doing a regular season because of that damn writers strike delaying everything. Instead they're doing this mini peisode crap. Ah well...[/quote]

Can't believe I forgot about Rescue Me. Missed the last 2 seasons is probably why. Really should catch up, as I really enjoyed the show.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Glad to see the Mole is back, that shit was ragodamndiculous with Anderson Cooper as host.[/quote]

"After a four year absence, ABC ordered a fifth season, The Mole 5 which will debut June 2, 2008."

This pleases me, as I loved The Mole. As for summer television, I'm interested in In Plain Sight, for new shows, and will watch Burn Notice, and a few other things I won't remember until they begin. :whistle2:#

Closer is back in July. I'm also looking forward to Monk and Burn Notice.

Fear Itself is okay in a there is nothing else on so I will just watch this kind of way.

My goal this summer is to finish Battlestar Galactica - I watched Season 1 last summer and loved it - time to watch seasons 2-4!

Can't wait for Burn Notice, Monk, Psych and Saving Grace to return.

I've been digging In Plain Sight so far though last night's episode makes me wonder if they're gonna turn her boss into a gay dude.

As for Swingtown, it might have worked if it wasn't on basic TV. If there was the possibility of nudity, I would have watched at least

Hopefully Burn Notice and Psych don't disappoint.

I've only seen the 1st episode of In Plain Sight, but it was pretty good. Have the other 2 on my DVR and will probably watch them before weeks end.

Hopefully Flashpoint (CBS) is pretty good.

I need to go through the first few episodes of In Plain Sight, as well as catch up on older shows that have been collecting space on my DVR's and my 360.

Looking forward to the return of Monk and Psych as well. I need to track down Burn Notice and watch last season before jumping into this one.

Already enjoying:
30 Days
Fear Itself
The Venture Brothers

Looking forward to:
Weeds (tonight!)
Intervention (also tonight!)
The Closer
Burn Notice

Was hoping for some Californication and Damages this summer, too...but it looks like they're delayed by the strike.

I've got Torchwood, Hex, and Three Sheets on DVD to catch up on, as well.

Both of the new eps of Weeds have been great, and the Venture Brothers never disappoint.

Wipeout was a pleasant surprise last week...I LOL'd a lot.

I've got all of the Fear Itself episodes on my Tivo but I'm not sure I care...is anyone enjoying it?

July 10 for Burn Notice and July 14 for The Closer, iirc.

[quote name='bmachine']Both of the new eps of Weeds have been great, and the Venture Brothers never disappoint.

Wipeout was a pleasant surprise last week...I LOL'd a lot.

I've got all of the Fear Itself episodes on my Tivo but I'm not sure I care...is anyone enjoying it?

July 10 for Burn Notice and July 14 for The Closer, iirc.[/quote]

Fear Itself hasn't been too bad, nor has it been great (only watched 3 of the 4 episodes so far; one more to watch on my DVR). The episode from the 19th wasn't too bad. The guy from Eureka was on it.

Can't wait for Burn Notice, have the marathon set to record on my DVR. If only USA hadn't killed The 4400, one more season would've helped them tie up some more ends.

I'm personally in the middle of the latest season of Doctor Who. I love that show. I got hooked a while back when it was on SciFi, and I've been watching it ever since.

I watched the first episode and half of fear itself..I hated it, very slow/boring and not really scarry.

I have enjoyed swingtown for a summer show...

I watched the first episode of the reality show about the japanese game show..I thought it was funny as shit...

speaking about funny, last comic standing has been solid so far.

Been upset with weeds so far. IMO the show was best when you had the 4 guys playing off each other. The humor in the show has dimished each season. There really hasn't been much to laugh at this season, and it really isn't well written/strong enough of a cast to pull it off as a drama.

[quote name='bmachine']
Was hoping for some Californication and Damages this summer, too...but it looks like they're delayed by the strike.

I've got Torchwood, Hex, and Three Sheets on DVD to catch up on, as well.[/quote]

both californication and damages were late summer/early fall shows last year. I don't know the exact start dates, but I thought I had heard/read that damages would be back end of aug/early sept again. No idea on californication, but it followed weeds last year, and weeds finished mid aug or so..it started around the time that dexter started last year, which was sept I think

To be honest with you, I liked damages, but I would prefer the end of the shield before we get the next season of damages.

bread's done
Back