Summer Plans?

[quote name='depascal22']Working on the new business and hopefully heading to LA to see my family.[/quote]

what do you do?

[quote name='depascal22']Job placement.......shoot me a PM if you're looking.[/quote]

That wasn't an answer to my question :lol:

Sorry though, offer declined

[quote name='StinkyCheese']That wasn't an answer to my question :lol:

Sorry though, offer declined[/quote]

??? Didn't you just ask what I do?

Finishing my dissertation and putting together course preps for my first year of full time professorin' now that I got a job offer.

And, drinking a remarkably large amount reffing a lot of rollerderby events in the eastern part of the country, and other than that, not traveling much in order to not spend money I don't have.

I'll be pinching pennies like mad, since rising gas prices + fewer hours at work during the summer = a whole lot of crappy meals. Sucks because my job is an hour and 10 minute drive away from my weekday home, but I need it to keep building up my resume. Ah well, there's always credit cards!

Stay black and die?

But seriously. Once you get out of college there is no such thing as summer. So I will be working.

1. Get my diploma at graduation

2. Clean up my stuff, like get rid of stuff I no longer need.

3. Solve one of my biggest flaws in life.

4. Job searching

5. Hopefully when I have a job and other issues solved, things will start to go well.

I'll be mowing the grass and other odd jobs around the house. I'd like to go to a theme park, but we'll see.

After finals are over next saturday, I have 2 weeks of nothing but gaming, reading, grilling, and hanging around Chicago.

After that, going to work at a law firm and taking an LSAT prep course for June, July, and part of August. Then in August I'm moving to a new apartment and starting my last semester as an undergrad.

[quote name='depascal22']Job placement.......shoot me a PM if you're looking.[/quote]

I see you're in Indy.. does Cleveland fall within your reach? Looking for an entry-level accounting position. 10 months graduated, 10 months looking for work.

[quote name='QiG']I see you're in Indy.. does Cleveland fall within your reach? Looking for an entry-level accounting position. 10 months graduated, 10 months looking for work.[/QUOTE]I live really close to Indy (just over an hour). I should look into it.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Graduating, moving to Texas, and job hunting.[/quote]

Texas! :whee:

If you don't mind me asking, what area are you moving to?

I miss the days when Summer meant a lengthy vacation filled with adventures made through sheer reckless abandon. Growing up sucks.

"I don't want to grow up, 'cause if I did, I wouldn't be a Toys R' Us kid." :cry:

I'm playing in two Ultimate Frisbee leagues and I'm trying out for a club team too. That's going to take up just about all my free time. I'm going to be working a lot outside which is good too.

1. Get buff.
2. Continue Japanese.
3. Earn the dollaz.
4. Hiking/Camping/Fishing
5. Work on skin. Always gotta worry about being spotty after winter.
6. Build up design/writing portfolio.
7. Scholarships.

Thats it.

oh one more thing

8. Play guitar/write some songs.

Working, gaming, Gen Con, more work.

I'm also trying to find a job with NASA, but I'm not overly optimistic on that part, even with Ares/Orion coming soon and the need for engineers is high.

TBW

Leaving tomorrow for Las Vegas for a week, then probably spending the rest of the summer doing research for NASA.

Giggity.

~HotShotX

Starting school at the end of may, try to find a job so I can visit my fiance in nashville, and get to know my new area/ meet people. Oh how exciting. Moving sucks.

[quote name='HotShotX']Leaving tomorrow for Las Vegas for a week, then probably spending the rest of the summer doing research for NASA.

Giggity.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Doing what? If you can answer, that is.

TBW

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']Doing what? If you can answer, that is.

TBW[/quote]

Researching the behavior of liquids in zero gravity, and developing a computational fluid dynamics model capable of predicting this behavior over a wide variety of fuel tank sizes, geometries, and baffle configurations.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Researching the behavior of liquids in zero gravity, and developing a computational fluid dynamics model capable of predicting this behavior over a wide variety of fuel tank sizes, geometries, and baffle configurations.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Sounds like some NASA type shit. Just make sure you don't tell the computer to play Thermonuclear Global War.

[quote name='depascal22']Sounds like some NASA type shit. Just make sure you don't tell the computer to play Thermonuclear Global War.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha... Wargames FTW!

[quote name='HotShotX']Researching the behavior of liquids in zero gravity[/quote]

Is that anything like puking in the Gravitron at the carnival?

[quote name='depascal22']Sounds like some NASA type shit. Just make sure you don't tell the computer to play Thermonuclear Global War.[/quote]

I'm more partial to Tic-Tac-Toe myself.

~HotShotX

hopefully celebrating the first Utah Jazz NBA championship *

I have one night class starting June 24th - August 7th or something then

Journey/Heart July 11th
Flogging Molly July 19th
Less Than Jake/Goldfinger July 21st
Alkaline Trio w/ American Steel August 1st.

was also planning on playing a lot of GTA 4 but I get disc read errors so its going back to M$ for a few weeks.

*=not if David Stern has anything to say about that.

[quote name='urzishra14']hopefully celebrating the first Utah Jazz NBA championship *

*=not if David Stern has anything to say about that.[/quote]

Exactly. I'm a huge Lakers fan but I've had little interest in watching the first couple rounds knowing that the NBA has no interest in letting the Lakers bow out before the Finals.

I'm busy as hell this summer.

Lots of work on a research grant, teaching and under grad course in June/early july and needing to get my dissertation prospectus written.

Will try to work in some outdoor fun here and there...hiking, fishing etc.

bread's done
Back