Summer Wars blu-ray $16.49

Yeah I noticed earlier. Just not sure about it. It seems a bit kiddy with maybe a touch of pokemon thrown in.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']Yeah I noticed earlier. Just not sure about it. It seems a bit kiddy with maybe a touch of pokemon thrown in. [/QUOTE]

You couldn't be more off-base.

Summer Wars is great and everybody should be buying this.

It has an astounding similiarty to the first Digimon movie lol, but it is an EXCELLENT film. Be warned though, for those that care, what you get from amzon is 90% likely to be without slip case and art cards!

Fantastic film from a really great new Anime director; the same director who made The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. The multitude of odd characters on the box are are online avatars, not Pokemon. It's creative, mildly plausible and is filled with very endearing characters. If you have even a mild love for anime you're very likely to enjoy this.

ARGH very tempted, got this from netflix and absolutely loved it, it would make a great addition to my blu ray collection, but I would probably have to ask the wife if its okay to buy it first.

Well...if you watched the Girl Who Leapt Through Time you have a pretty good idea of the tone at least. Fun, upbeat, but smart and enthralling. The movie is very well done. It also looks amazing on blu-ray...

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (this director's previous film) was so much better than Summer Wars, IMO. Summer Wars was just a bit too cheesy, and focused on so many characters that the main two characters had less development than the supporting cast, and made for quite a forgettable affair.

The animation, soundtrack, and production values are all top-notch, and it's got some of the nicest colors and sharpest whites from any Blu-ray I've ever seen before it, but don't expect it to captivate you, at least anywhere near as much as TGWLTT may have.

Speaking of which, TGWLTT is now on Blu-ray, as well, I believe. I'll have to keep an eye out on a deal for that! :p

I'd also like to add that while Summer Wars can seem and look a bit childish at times, it can be enjoyed by anyone, though the older one is, the more potential cheese factor there will be.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, however, is one of my favorite films ever made, and would appeal mainly to adults, whether they like anime or not.

I didn't love the movie either. It's fine and all, most of the animation sequences inside OZ are really awesome. The story didn't blow me away at all, which is what I really look for in Anime movies.

I saw this twice in the theaters, and I really enjoyed it. It's a bit cheesy at times, but it's still enjoyable. It is a beautiful beautiful movie, and I'm really looking forward to watching it again on blu :)

bread's done
Back