Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/19/09-4/25/09)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]Guitar Hero deals aplenty this week as Best Buy throws in a free Guitar Hero: Aerosmith game with Guitar Hero: Metallica and knocks $25 off Les Paul (360/PS3/Wii) and Kramer wireless guitars.

Toys R Us drops both DS Guitar Hero Bundles (On Tour & Decades) to $20 and has World Tour Guitar Bundles (PS3/360/Wii) for just $50. Those looking for a kinder, gentler music game can save $10 on Major Minor's Majestic March and Wii Music.

Lastly, Target kicks off a new pre-order program that nets you a $5 gift card when pre-order (and purchase) select games for $1.

Read on for the rest of this week's Sunday ad deals.[/preview]

I've stripped out all the MSRP items and have listed the most noteworthy items in bold.

Best Buy
(Ad)
Thanks, MidnightMetal- See MidnightMetal's post here

:360: Halo Wars $49.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $49.99
:360: Fable II $49.99
:360: Fallout 3 $49.99

:wii: Nyko Wireless Sensor Bar $9.99

:ps3: Fallout 3 $49.99

:psp: Resistance Retribution $29.99
:psp: Call of Duty: Roads to Victory $19.99
:psp: Scrabble $19.99
:psp: Rocketfish Starter Kit $19.99

iconbestbuy.gif
Free Guitar Hero: Aerosmith software with purchase of ANY platform of Guitar Hero: Metallica
iconbestbuy.gif
Les Paul Controller (360/PS3/Wii) $24.99
:ps2: Kramer Striker Controller $14.99
iconbestbuy.gif
Rock Band 2 (PS3/360) $49.99
iconbestbuy.gif
Rock Band 2 (Wii/PS2) $39.99

:pc: WoW Wrath of the Lich King $29.99

GameStop (Ad)
Thanks, jp0213 - Prices valid 4/17-4/23

Trade-in offers
icontrade.gif
Save $70 with trade-in of a DS Lite toward the purchase of a new Nintendo DSi
icontrade.gif
Save $50 with trade-in of an Original DS toward the purchase of a new Nintendo DSi
icontrade.gif
Save $20 with trade-in of a GBA SP toward the purchase of a new Nintendo DSi

Price drops/promotions:
icongs_r1.gif
Game Days Sale continues

icongs_r1.gif
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare GOTY (PS3/360) $49.99
icongs_r1.gif
Lego Indiana Jones (360/PC/Wii/DS/PS2/PSP/PS3) $19.99
icongs_r1.gif
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (360/Wii/PS3) $169.99
:360: Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust $19.99
:ps2: Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit $159.99
:ds: Get $20 off new GTA: Chinatown Wars with your purchase of a Nintendo DSi

Used deals of the week:
:360: Timeshift $9.99
:ps2: Need for Speed: Underground 2 $4.99
:xbox: The Godfather $4.99

Pre-order bonuses:
icongs_r1.gif
Pre-order UFC Undisputed 2009 and receive a free Demo.
Pick up at time of reservation, while supplies last.
icongs_r1.gif
Pre-order Batman: Arkham Asylum and receive an exclusive in-game villain and challenge map.

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Morgus- See Morgus's ad post here

icontarget.gif
New pre-order program:
Receive a $5 gift card when pre-order and purchase select games for $1. Current eligible titles include:
Punch-Out!, EA Sports Active, UFC 2009, inFamous, Ghostbusters, Batman Arkham Asylum, Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, Petz Fashion Dogz & Catz

icontarget.gif
Buy 1, get 1 50% off:
Shaun White Snowboarding (PS3/360) $39.99
Star Wars: Force Unleashed (PS3/360) $59.99
Prince of Persia (PS3/360) $59.99

:wii: Hanna Montana $39.99
:ds: Hanna Montana $19.99

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, life.exe - See life.exe 's ad post here

:wii: Major Minor's Majestic March $29.99
:wii: Wii Music $39.99
:wii: Animal Crossing: City Folk $39.99

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Guitar Hero: World Tour Guitar Bundle (PS3/360/Wii) $49.99
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Guitar Hero: World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $149.99 (PS2) $129.99
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Guitar Hero: World Tour Wireless Drum Kit Controller (PS3/360/Wii) $69.99

:ds: Guitar Hero: On Tour: Decades Bundle $19.99
:ds: Guitar Hero: On Tour Bundle $19.99
:ds: Guitar Hero: On Tour: Decades $17.49
:ds: Guitar Hero: On Tour $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
:wii: Major Minor's Majestic March - $29.99
:wii: Wii Music - 39.99
:wii: Animal Crossing - 39.99

:360::ps3::wii: Guitar Hero: World Tour Super Bundle - 149.99
:360::ps3::wii: Guitar Hero: World Tour Guitar Bundle - 49.99
:360::ps3::wii: Guitar Hero: World Tour Wireless Drum Kit Controller - 69.99

:ds: Guitar Hero: On Tour: Decades Bundle - 19.99
:ds: Guitar Hero: On Tour Bundle - 19.99
:ds: Guitar Hero: On Tour: Decades - 17.49
:ds: Guitar Hero: On Tour - 14.99

So will there be a limit on how many of the Guitar Bundles you can buy in store? I was looking to purchase two that way i have the 2 guitars and the game....while selling the other copy of the game on ebay...anyone know if you will be able to buy 2 of these in store?

Is there another game you would compare it to? I hadn't heard of it until saw these specials....Sorta new to these current video game consoles...just bought a Wii a few weeks ago...and considering going after the deal on the Guitar Hero Guitar Bundle

Quick question. If you buy something from Best Buy, how long can you still PM for after you bought if it goes on sale? A week? A month?

[quote name='SadExchange82']Quick question. If you buy something from Best Buy, how long can you still PM for after you bought if it goes on sale? A week? A month?[/quote]
I'm assuming the general 30-day policy. I can at least confirm over a week - I got Rock Band 2 from BB, then it was $20 less the next week featured in their Sunday Ad , and I got that money back. Just make sure you keep your receipt!!

Hmm $50 for the guitar bundle sounds pretty good, but is the GH:WT guitar that much better than the GH3 Les Paul? I was planning on picking up GH3 for cheap but might just get this instead if it's worth it.

[quote name='arnoldhead']Hmm $50 for the guitar bundle sounds pretty good, but is the GH:WT guitar that much better than the GH3 Les Paul? I was planning on picking up GH3 for cheap but might just get this instead if it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

I think the WT guitar is stiffer and causes me to miss notes occasionally.

[quote name='eastx']I think the WT guitar is stiffer and causes me to miss notes occasionally.[/quote]

I like the novelty of the touch pad, but as far as guitars go, my preference is for the Les Paul.

Thanks life.exe already looking forward to next week so I can buy 2 guitar bundles for Wii. Life.exe do you know if you can purchase 2 in the same transaction? I was curious because online it says you can only order one....Thanks

Stay_Wii_Fit

Im looking forward to next week...what should I do to pass the time until I buy the guitar bundle?

Its driving me nuts cause i wanna play the game but wanna save the $$$ $75 is not that good of a sale.. if its going to be $50 next week.

:bouncy:

Do you guys prefer the World Tour Guitar or the Guitar Hero III Guitar ? Im buying the set of Wii.

TRU is extremely desperate to get rid of their GH DS Games/Bundles. Never seen the same game go on sale so much at the same store this often.

Got the ad here in my hands, If you have any questions on anything feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them as quick as I can. If it is something not regarding Games/Music/Movies, PM me instead of taking up thread space.:)

:360:Xbox 360

60Gb Pro System>>>>>$299.99

Godfather II>>>>>$59.99
Chronicles of Riddick>>>>>$59.99
Halo Wars>>>>>$49.99
Gears of War 2>>>>>$49.99
Fable II>>>>>$49.99
Fallout 3>>>>>$49.99

:wii:Wii

Wii System>>>>>$249.99

Wii Music>>>>>$49.99
Dance Dance Revolution: Disney Edition (Includes 2 dance mats)>>>>>$59.99
Disney Sing It! High School Musical 3 (Includes microphone)>>>>>$29.99

Nyko Wireless Sensor Bar>>>>>$9.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...67396&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1170290206406

:ps3:PS3

Godfather II>>>>>$59.99
Chronicles of Riddick>>>>>$59.99
Fallout 3>>>>>$49.99

:psp:PSP

PSP 3000 Core System>>>>>$169.99

Resistance Retribution>>>>>$29.99
Call of Duty: Roads to Victory>>>>>$19.99
Scrabble>>>>>$19.99
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core>>>>>$19.99
Lego Indiana Jones>>>>>$19.99

PSP Travel Kit>>>>>$19.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...88679&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218008115546

:-({|=Guitar Hero/Rock Band

:360::ps3: Guitar Hero: Metallica>>>>>$59.99*
:wii: Guitar Hero: Metallica>>>>>$49.99*
:ps2: Guitar Hero: Metallica>>>>>$39.99*

*FREE Guitar Hero: Aerosmith software with purchase of ANY platform of Guitar Hero: Metallica

:360::ps3::wii: Les Paul Controller>>>>>$24.99
:ps2: Kramer Striker Controller>>>>>$14.99

:360::ps3: Rock Band 2>>>>>$49.99
:wii::ps2: Rock Band 2>>>>>$39.99

Blockhead Wii Max-V Guitar>>>>>$14.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...02389&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1206141490979

:joystick:PC Games

World of Warcraft Battlechest>>>>>$29.99
WoW Wrath of the Lich King>>>>>$29.99
Demigod>>>>>$39.99
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor>>>>>$29.99

[quote name='Squarehard']TRU is extremely desperate to get rid of their GH DS Games/Bundles. Never seen the same game go on sale so much at the same store this often.[/quote]

My store has had piles up them upstairs since Christmas, and nobody's buying.

Getting the Hannah Montana hat free this week is likely YMMV. I picked up the 360 version and the hat, but it did not automatically give the hat free. The manager said the hat was only free last week, but I pointed out that they still had the free hat sign in the video game department, so they honored it. As long as your store left the sign up from last week, you should be able to still get the free hat.

The HM hats will likely follow suit of past freebies and get pennied out eventually, but most stores are already out of them.

Nice deal on Resistance. I prefer picking games up at Best Buy in general for their gamer's club rewards, and $10 off a PSP game 1 month after release is great. The lowest price I could find besides this was $37 shipped from NewEgg.

[quote name='lolmister']Wow, so many ways to get Aerosmith for dirt cheap. Guess it didn't sell as well as they thought it would.[/QUOTE]

Stores bought INSANE amounts with the guitars and then disc only thinking it would sell like hot cakes. At this point, they've been on the shelf for a year and are no longer moving--- they need to get rid of stock.

Otherwise, this is the continued trend of weaksauce weekly.

That's because unless you are under the age of 10 this thing will cause hand cramps after 5 minutes.

These deals will be common since it doesn't work with the dsi. Which is silly since I bet the lite still outsells the dsii this year.

[quote name='life.exe']My store has had piles up them upstairs since Christmas, and nobody's buying.[/quote]

Same here. I have bays in my backroom packed of them

[quote name='skubish']What's the super bundle?[/quote]

Band kit.

[quote name='Stay_Wii_Fit']Im looking forward to next week...what should I do to pass the time until I buy the guitar bundle?

Its driving me nuts cause i wanna play the game but wanna save the $$$ $75 is not that good of a sale.. if its going to be $50 next week.

:bouncy:

Do you guys prefer the World Tour Guitar or the Guitar Hero III Guitar ? Im buying the set of Wii.[/quote]

GH: Aerosmith plus free Explorer? As far as what guitar is better, I'd go for the Les Paul.

bread's done
Back