Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/10 to 8/16)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks $10 off the PS4 Camera ans Gold Wireless Headset.

18_t.gif
GameStop promotes a PC sale and 40% bonus credit offer.

kmart.gif
Kmart's reward members get $50 in points with purchase of an Xbox One with Kinect , $15 in points with Titanfall $49.99 (XB1), and/or $15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes (XB1) $29.99

icontarget.gif
Target knocks $35 off the combined purchase of a PS4 and PS+ and discounts $15 off any game $39.99 or higher when you pre-order any game for a $1.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us offers a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all Skylanders single figures, a 50% off sale on Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs, and $50 off a Wii U Skylanders Bundle.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: Save $10 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4

:ps4: Buy a Sony tv and a ps4 and get digital copies of: mlb 14 the show, knack, infamous 2nd son, and killzone shadow fall

:ps4: ps4 camera $49.99

:ps4: gold headset $89.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  UFC is $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  transformers $49.99 on ps4 & x1, $39.99 on ps3 & 360

:ps4: :xb1: lego movie game and lego hobbit $29.99 each (only shows ps4 & x1 versions)

:360: :ps3: gta v $39.99

:360: :ps3: cod ghosts $39.99

:360: :ps3: nba 2k14 or  wwe 2k14  $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
trade madden 25 on ps4/x1 and get $25 towards madden 15, or 360/ps3 versions get $15 towards it. plus $10 off certificate for it. so $35 off and $25 off i believe

iconbestbuy.gif
  get a free giants character when you buy any skylanders sky force character

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/16
18_t.gif
Buy a Disney Infinity Starter Set, get a free Playset

:360: :ps3: :pc: Borderlands 2 GOTY $24.99

:360: :ps3: :pc: Bioshock Infinite
18_t.gif
40% bonus credit for members who trade toward select titles
:pc: PC sales

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, inky1600 - See original post
kmart.gif
SYWR members get:

$50 in points with purchase of XBone with Kinect $499.99

$15 in points with purchase of Titanfall XBone $49.99

$15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes XBone $29.99

All points expire two weeks after purchase(no set end date this time-maybe this will become the norm going forward)

:xb1: In addition, $10 off XBone controller with purchase of any XBone console

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter- See original post

:ps4: Save $35 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4.

icontarget.gif
Save $15 ON ANY GAME $39.99 OR HIGHER WHEN YOU PREORDER A GAME FOR $1.

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
  BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL Skylanders single figures

icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% OFF ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs
:wiiu:  SAVE $50 on a Wii U Skylanders Bundle

Walmart (Ad)

nada

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides the whole Madden thing. What else are great deals to be had?

What else have people tried? I want to go today when I get out of work!
I price matched cod ghosts for the xbone to target.com for $25 so it was $11 and traded into bb for $24 before gcu. Not as good as the $6 I paid last week with the $20 off with reservation deal but still solid profit

Thanks for the feedback guys..2 more questions about best buy trade..if I trade in more than 1 copy of madden 25 at once, will they give me more than 1 $10 off coupon for madden 15? Also, do they somehow make the coupon specific to me, or would I be able to give it to someone else to use?

chrome3333, on 09 Aug 2014 - 5:11 PM, said:

If you trade in five or more copies within 30 days at any Gamestop as long as they have your ID they will ban you. PUR cards are a form of ID.

B1G15OFF Spreadsheet. There are probably more and feel free to take what I have currently or contact me so I can add some.

https://docs.google....UbkM/edit#gid=0

If no one wants to format it so it looks better please tell me what to change format wise so it looks better.

Can people edit my document? I don't know google documents that well and I rather not have someone destroy it all.
So I can add to the Gamestop column of the spreadsheet, but I don't know how to mess with Google Docs if someone else would put it in there for me.

Earth Defense Force 360 - $5

Fighter Within xb1 - $6

Madden 25 PS3 - $5

Sonic Generations 3DS - $7

ACIV Wii U - $8

Shin Megami Tensei IV - $4

Also, Pilotwings Resort didn't work with the pre-order card. It said "$19.99 and previously $39.99 with pricecut" on the in store display, but alas the preorder card didn't drop it down at all.

Glad I could contribute something. Looks like if you can get a lucky Amazon PM to Sonic Generations on 3DS or ACIV Wii U, you can make a pretty decent flip to GS.

Thanks for the feedback guys..2 more questions about best buy trade..if I trade in more than 1 copy of madden 25 at once, will they give me more than 1 $10 off coupon for madden 15? Also, do they somehow make the coupon specific to me, or would I be able to give it to someone else to use?
no matter how many copies of madden you trade in one transaction , you will get only one. if you want multiples $10 coupon, you need to do separate transactions for each madden games you trade in

The coupon has your name printed on it so only you should be able to use it.

So $10 off madden 15 coupon can only be used for yourself and you only get 1 coupon per trade in transaction. Thanks for the info

I tried to do separate transactions on the maddens and it would not allow me to get 2 coupons on my account, only one.

I tried to do separate transactions on the maddens and it would not allow me to get 2 coupons on my account, only one.
That's weird. I went on sunday morning and got a coupon and then I went this morning and traded in 2 more copies with cod and got another coupon

So I shouldn't have any trouble trading in 3 PS4 versions of Madden at Best Buy after already trading in 3 XBO versions, correct? 

well fuck. I traded 1 ps4 copy of madden in store and just did 3 online. should be ok though right? also i was planning on mailing in 2 ghosts and 2 more maddens for xb1
You'll be fine, I should have noted that what I said applied to store trades. Online trades aren't tracked by ID, I'd still be wary. You don't want to miss out on any craziness that could happen down the line closer to the holidays.

So I shouldn't have any trouble trading in 3 PS4 versions of Madden at Best Buy after already trading in 3 XBO versions, correct?
Correct. Different platforms. Xb1 and 360 are also considered separate platforms, as are ps4, ps3, vita and same with nintendo consoles.

Am I suppose to go back to get my dollar back on the Pre-Order or something?
Some stores won't let you return them and you only get a percentage back. Like 10 cents depending on the games value that you bought. Check your receipt for actual values.

That would be pretty pathetic if you are serious. Just be happy you got a deal.
When you buy 50+ games using the promo the $1 back would mean a bit.

You paid $1 for $15 in credit. And you want the dollar back???
If the person wants the credit back who cares what value it is. For some people it is the principle plus I did add you only get a small percentage back so you wouldn't even get the dollar. Honestly I would keep the card and hope I could stack it with the promo again.

i hope the cyber police come and arrest you when you try to get your $1 back!

If you have GCU and are doing the Madden trade at Best Buy, be sure to have them enter your phone number (for GCU) BEFORE they scan the Madden boxes.  The 10% GCU trade in bonus is only applied if you are recognized as a GCU member before they scan in the used games, after they scan it won't automatically add 10% even after they get your drivers license, confirm your rewards account, etc.  Figured that out today when my second set of trades wasn't getting the 10% bonus, and since it was an empty store the guy had no problem redoing it all from scratch.

i hope the cyber police come and arrest you when you try to get your $1 back!

If you have GCU and are doing the Madden trade at Best Buy, be sure to have them enter your phone number (for GCU) BEFORE they scan the Madden boxes. The 10% GCU trade in bonus is only applied if you are recognized as a GCU member before they scan in the used games, after they scan it won't automatically add 10% even after they get your drivers license, confirm your rewards account, etc. Figured that out today when my second set of trades wasn't getting the 10% bonus, and since it was an empty store the guy had no problem redoing it all from scratch.
As I said before you won't get your $1 back it even says on the receipt what amount you'll get back for the preorder card which is a percentage. You could argue it but you be a total dick trying to get $1.

If the person wants the credit back who cares what value it is. For some people it is the principle plus I did add you only get a small percentage back so you wouldn't even get the dollar. Honestly I would keep the card and hope I could stack it with the promo again.
It does matter. The deal is the deal. If you break the deal, you should return the whole thing. It's bad business to renege on a deal as sweet as this.

And as you said, you only get cents back since you aren't returning the whole thing. So yes it does matter what the value is. If the card cost $10, you will get back $5 or so. But it's $1 measly dollar and you get back like 37cents. Not to mention the same people at Target who hooked you up are the ones who will be returning the cents to you.

Watch how fast they turn you down the next time you try to pm and preorder a game.

The movers coupon says nothing about not being combined with other coupons.
The Madden 15 coupon states that I worded that extremely poorly but as tearsintherain said no one knows if they will combine or not.

Some people live life with different principles. You made your point but some people will still attempt to return them.

Will I be able to use the $10 off coupon of madden 15 with a preorder so I can get the extra 500 points?

Best buy associate said it was for in store orders only and not preorders

Just a heads up guys that the PS4 Madden 25 PM is no longer $22.98.. XBONE is the way to go now.

EDIT: I didnt mean to give off any wrong impression or offend or come off as a braggart to anyone.  I was just overjoyed and in retrospect perhaps should have just kept the story to myself.  My apologies, fellow CAG'ers.

I still love CAG.

Just a heads up guys that the PS4 Madden 25 PM is no longer $22.98.. XBONE is the way to go now.

On another note, I've just finished driving around to 4 different Targets and cleaned out their stock. Most of them had no issues doing multiple PM's ; only one gave me issues (I ended up getting all their copies anyways by going once yesterday and twice today and sending someone else to get the last one for me).

All in all i got 19 copies of Madden 25 and it cost me $172.52. I went on BB Trade in online and got the email confirmation for $475.00 worth of BB credit (as insurance just in case I ran into any issues at the BB stores). I shall be the proud owner of a Destiny PS4 bundle once it drops and it only cost me $172.52!!!

I love CAG.
welcome to bantown

On another note, I've just finished driving around to 4 different Targets and cleaned out their stock. Most of them had no issues doing multiple PM's ; only one gave me issues (I ended up getting all their copies anyways by going once yesterday and twice today and sending someone else to get the last one for me).

All in all i got 19 copies of Madden 25 and it cost me $172.52. I went on BB Trade in online and got the email confirmation for $475.00 worth of BB credit (as insurance just in case I ran into any issues at the BB stores). I shall be the proud owner of a Destiny PS4 bundle once it drops and it only cost me $172.52!!!

I love CAG.
Wow. Just, wow.

I love CAG.
And I felt bad doing three in store and three online. Enjoy one less spot to trade in those holiday deal games

More than 3 WILL lead to consequences, not possibly lead. Now you can trade 12 games at once but no more than 3 off the same game on the same platform.
You can trade 3 in store and separately 10 online without being banned. I've done it with Ghosts PS3. The reasons I know:

A) I'm not banned from trading.

B) I traded like 3 Ghosts PS3 about a month ago online. Because the online system seems different and separate from the in store experience, I thought I'd trade in 10 more online. When I submitted the online trade checkout for 10 more (now putting me at 16 total with 13 online and 3 in store) I got confirmation emails stating that 7 were "accepted". By confirmation emails, I mean that for each individual item traded, they send you a confimation email. I only recieved 7accepted emails even though I told the system 10 and the system didn't refuse me from trading in 10. So, I only mailed in 7 games even though the system (by the system I mean the online interface, not the confimation emails) would allow me to do 10. So that means that somehow they "remembered" that I had already traded in 3 online and was only eligible to trade in 7 more.

Hopefully that makes sense.

You can trade 3 in store and separately 10 online without being banned. I've done it with Ghosts PS3. The reasons I know:

A) I'm not banned from trading.

B) I traded like 3 Ghosts PS3 about a month ago online. Because the online system seems different and separate from the in store experience, I thought I'd trade in 10 more online. When I submitted the online trade checkout for 10 more (now putting me at 16 total with 13 online and 3 in store) I got confirmation emails stating that 7 were "accepted". By confirmation emails, I mean that for each individual item traded, they send you a confimation email. I only recieved 7accepted emails even though I told the system 10 and the system didn't refuse me from trading in 10. So, I only mailed in 7 games even though the system (by the system I mean the online interface, not the confimation emails) would allow me to do 10. So that means that somehow they "remembered" that I had already traded in 3 online and was only eligible to trade in 7 more.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Did you mail them in individually or all in one box?

Did you mail them in individually or all in one box?
All in one box. But, it was three the first time and seven the second time. I haven't received my gift card yet from the second time, but I'm confident I don't get banned because I received confirmation emails essentially saying I was "allowed" to trade in 7 of the 10 ten that I intended on trading in on the second time.

All in one box. But, it was three the first time and seven the second time. I haven't received my gift card yet from the second time, but I'm confident I don't get banned because I received confirmation emails essentially saying I was "allowed" to trade in 7 of the 10 ten that I intended on trading in on the second time.
How long ago did you send them?

Also.. The Madden PS4 price for 22.98 on Amazon is back in effect now guys so go PM your local Target!

Subject line of email : Accepted Best Buy Trade-in #XXXXXXXXXX - Call of Duty: Ghosts

Body of email:  Thank you for participating in the Best Buy Trade-In Program. We have processed your estimate request and you may now ship your trade to us for processing at the Best Buy Trade-In Center #XXXXXXXX.

Now, I essentially asked best buy online permission to trade in 10 copies of Ghosts on PS3.  I had already done 3 copies a month ago.  But, when I "asked permission", they only gave me seven of these "accepted" emails.  So that means that they remember I did 3 a month ago and know that I was still allow to send them seven more.

This also goes hand in hand with a post I remember reading on here about a month ago.  Some said they asked a manager how many of the same game a person could trade.  The manager said "3 in store, 10 online".  Sounds like that manager actually knew what he was talking about.

How long ago did you send them?

Also.. The Madden PS4 price for 22.98 on Amazon is back in effect now guys so go PM your local Target!
Last week on wednesday.

It arrived to bby in minnesota on monday. Given the processing delay last time, i wouldn't expect any confirmation as of yet. Last time it took them 7 days after they signed for the package to send me a confirmation email saying that they received it. Then another 5 days to send me the eGiftCard email.

I'll post my status once cleared to keep everyone informed, but like I said before I it seems that I'm operating within the limits of their system and I shouldn't get banned.

Picked up CoD: Black Ops 2 for Wii U at Target. Pm'd amazon for $14.97. Reserved a game and picked up diapers. Game came out free ;)

I have a handful of copies of Ghosts and Madden, if the online trade limit is really 10 online at Best Buy(+ 3 in store) that would save me the hassle of trying to make multiple trips to GameStop / trying to get a friend to trade a few copies in store at Best Buy for me.. Would like to be 100% certain that there is no chance of ban first though. Thanks for the info up to this point, Bluebossa

bread's done
Back