Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/10 to 8/16)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks $10 off the PS4 Camera ans Gold Wireless Headset.

18_t.gif
GameStop promotes a PC sale and 40% bonus credit offer.

kmart.gif
Kmart's reward members get $50 in points with purchase of an Xbox One with Kinect , $15 in points with Titanfall $49.99 (XB1), and/or $15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes (XB1) $29.99

icontarget.gif
Target knocks $35 off the combined purchase of a PS4 and PS+ and discounts $15 off any game $39.99 or higher when you pre-order any game for a $1.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us offers a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all Skylanders single figures, a 50% off sale on Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs, and $50 off a Wii U Skylanders Bundle.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: Save $10 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4

:ps4: Buy a Sony tv and a ps4 and get digital copies of: mlb 14 the show, knack, infamous 2nd son, and killzone shadow fall

:ps4: ps4 camera $49.99

:ps4: gold headset $89.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  UFC is $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  transformers $49.99 on ps4 & x1, $39.99 on ps3 & 360

:ps4: :xb1: lego movie game and lego hobbit $29.99 each (only shows ps4 & x1 versions)

:360: :ps3: gta v $39.99

:360: :ps3: cod ghosts $39.99

:360: :ps3: nba 2k14 or  wwe 2k14  $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
trade madden 25 on ps4/x1 and get $25 towards madden 15, or 360/ps3 versions get $15 towards it. plus $10 off certificate for it. so $35 off and $25 off i believe

iconbestbuy.gif
  get a free giants character when you buy any skylanders sky force character

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/16
18_t.gif
Buy a Disney Infinity Starter Set, get a free Playset

:360: :ps3: :pc: Borderlands 2 GOTY $24.99

:360: :ps3: :pc: Bioshock Infinite
18_t.gif
40% bonus credit for members who trade toward select titles
:pc: PC sales

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, inky1600 - See original post
kmart.gif
SYWR members get:

$50 in points with purchase of XBone with Kinect $499.99

$15 in points with purchase of Titanfall XBone $49.99

$15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes XBone $29.99

All points expire two weeks after purchase(no set end date this time-maybe this will become the norm going forward)

:xb1: In addition, $10 off XBone controller with purchase of any XBone console

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter- See original post

:ps4: Save $35 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4.

icontarget.gif
Save $15 ON ANY GAME $39.99 OR HIGHER WHEN YOU PREORDER A GAME FOR $1.

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
  BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL Skylanders single figures

icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% OFF ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs
:wiiu:  SAVE $50 on a Wii U Skylanders Bundle

Walmart (Ad)

nada

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? It's not listed on TD's site anymore, and hasn't for a couple of days for me. Maybe it re-stocked this morning and I missed it.
the ps4 version been in stock at least since Wednesday. The Xbox one version is sold out but I'm just take the ps4 copy and trade up to the madden 15 Xbox one version. Since there no stipulation you have to preorder the same system
http://m.tigerdirect.com/products/8509996

the ps4 version been in stock at least since Wednesday. The Xbox one version is sold out but I'm just take the ps4 copy and trade up to the madden 15 Xbox one version. Since there no stipulation you have to preorder the same system
http://m.tigerdirect.com/products/8509996
Ooooooh, good spot. I'll have to call up Best Buy for an in-store pickup tomorrow. Thanks. you get my first "Like" on this site.

So it's active already?
You have a bunch of 50% gamestop coupons? You just ask them for some more and they just give it to you, no questions asked? About the $20 off a game, it's only for call of duty ghosts for all platforms. You can price match amazon to bring it down to $20.88 (ps3 version) then get $20 off it by pre ordering destiny or cod advanced warfare for $1. So you only end up paying $2 for cod ghosts(ps3) and $1 reservation card but I tried again today, they called a supervisor and said I can only do one or the other( price match or $20 off)

Bestbuy.com's 1888 number customer service won't do the NFL 25 pricematch to Tigerdirect because they have to add it to cart to see the price. I guess I'll give my local store a shot.

Bestbuy.com's 1888 number customer service won't do the NFL 25 pricematch to Tigerdirect because they have to add it to cart to see the price. I guess I'll give my local store a shot.
LOL, that's not a real thing. I'd call and try another employee, that's some junk.

Madden 25 is $28 new @ Bestbuy ($23.20 w/ GCU)

with a guaranteed buyback of $25 with $10 coupon it's definitely an option for the lazy/quick deal.

It's also $19.99 on Microsoft's eBay storefront, and you can get it for under $20 from third-party Amazon retailers (which I might do).

at the target near me the $20 off ghosts was only on the xbox one and ps4 versions (both out of stock now anyways) so i think its ymmv on whether the ps3/360/wii u versions apply the discount at the register or not.  I think some people have gotten it to apply, but not sure?

SYWR members get:

$50 in points with purchase of XBone with Kinect $499.99

$15 in points with purchase of Titanfall XBone $49.99

$15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes XBone $29.99

All points expire two weeks after purchase(no set end date this time-maybe this will become the norm going forward)

In addition, $10 off XBone controller with purchase of any XBone console

FYI,

I know it's mentioned in the OP but be very careful as Sears/Kmart has started putting real tight expiration dates on promo SYWR points. In the past, for as long as I can remember, points didn't expire until a year after they were earned---even promo points. Now they expire as soon as week after being earned.

I bought a 3DS XL this week that came with $50 in base promo points (I earned another $20 using a coupon I had) and the $50 in promo points are set to expire in 7 days from the date they were earned.

It's not a deal killer for me since there are enough things to buy in which I can recycle points but wanted to point it out to others. Also.... NEVER EVER use points on an item that won't ship until AFTER the points are set to expire. Just don't do it.

You're reading it wrong. You pre-order a future release for $1 and get $15 off a game that's already out.

Don't see the harm in buying a 60$ game with this promo, tho, keeping it sealed, and exchanging it. That might be a little on the slickdeals side of things, tho...

Its what happens when you arent doing as well as the competition. If you believe vgchartz number the wii u has been out selling the xb1 worldwide for the past 6 weeks

Its what happens when you arent doing as well as the competition. If you believe vgchartz number the wii u has been out selling the xb1 worldwide for the past 6 weeks
You don`t need VGChartz @ this point MS stated it`s own #`s 1.1 shipped last qtr btwn 360/XB. This is after Titanfall, bundles, E3 & price cut with Destiny incoming. Sony stated I believe 3.5 million PS3/PS4 over the same period & Nintendo 510,000 WiiU.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-and-xbox-360-ship-1-1-million-consoles-co/1100-6421253/
http://www.mashable.com/2014/07/31/sony-outsells-microsoft-consoles/

Kind of want a Vita deal more than an Xbox One at the moment.  Now $15 in points for the PS3 version of Ground Zeroes would be nice, but I doubt that would work.

So, I could buy Titanfall from them now for $34.99, or wait until next week and pay $15 more to get $15 worth of SYWR points? Hmm.

So, I could buy Titanfall from them now for $34.99, or wait until next week and pay $15 more to get $15 worth of SYWR points? Hmm.
Not sure if it`s still live but I think someone in the weekly ad section said TF was $20 non ad sale @ TRU.

I'm not a GCU member so I'm trying to figure out how much it would be out of my pocket for the Madden deal. Here is how I'm perceiving it to come out and please correct me if I'm wrong on my thinking:

1) Pre-order Madden 15 at BB to receive 500 My Best Buy points ($10 Reward Certificate) to use once I purchase the game.

2) Buy a copy of Madden 25 cheap at Gamestop (after using the B-day coupon and PUR discount it should come out to $20.15)

3) Trade in the copy of Madden 25 to receive a $25 BB gift card and also a $10 off Madden 15 coupon to use when I pick up the game.

If I trade in two copies of the game (1 on each console), I'd get two $25 GC plus one $10 off coupon, correct?

I'm not a GCU member so I'm trying to figure out how much it would be out of my pocket for the Madden deal. Here is how I'm perceiving it to come out and please correct me if I'm wrong on my thinking:

1) Pre-order Madden 15 at BB to receive 500 My Best Buy points ($10 Reward Certificate) to use once I purchase the game.
2) Buy a copy of Madden 25 cheap at Gamestop (after using the B-day coupon and PUR discount it should come out to $20.15)
3) Trade in the copy of Madden 25 to receive a $25 BB gift card and also a $10 off Madden 15 coupon to use when I pick up the game.

If I trade in two copies of the game (1 on each console), I'd get two $25 GC plus one $10 off coupon, correct?
$20.15 madden 25 @ gamestop + $60 madden 25 - $25 gift card - $10 coupon = $45.15 plus taxes out of pocket
I didn't include the $10 pre order bonus since you won't receive that until about 15 days after you pick the game up. It a must better deal if you are gcu

Don't do any pre-ordering until you finish the trade and get the GC and coupon, since its not always easy to apply a coupon/GC to an existing order - generally best buy cancels the order and places a new one, if you did that on pickup day you'd lose the $10 RZ bonus.

Instead wait until sunday, do the trade in, and see what the T&Cs of the coupon are.  It could be good for in store orders only, or online only, or both.  It could require something else, or it could invalidate the $10 RZ bonus (unlikely but you never know).   Also once you get the trade in GC you can apply it to the pre-order, otherwise you are spending more money out of pocket.

Don't do any pre-ordering until you finish the trade and get the GC and coupon, since its not always easy to apply a coupon/GC to an existing order - generally best buy cancels the order and places a new one, if you did that on pickup day you'd lose the $10 RZ bonus.

Instead wait until sunday, do the trade in, and see what the T&Cs of the coupon are. It could be good for in store orders only, or online only, or both. It could require something else, or it could invalidate the $10 RZ bonus (unlikely but you never know). Also once you get the trade in GC you can apply it to the pre-order, otherwise you are spending more money out of pocket.
a bestbuy employee from cag confirmed the coupon for $10 off madden 15 is in store only

The reward cert wouldn't be available when you purchase your Madden 15. Takes about 15 days to clear. This has been the case for quite a while with that promotion.

Yes, you'd get $25 per copy of Madden 25 if it is on Xbox One or PS4. Xbox 360 and PS3 will be $15.

Yes, you'll get one $10 coupon which is good in store only. Can only use one coupon per Madden 15 purchase.

Yes, you'd get $25 per copy of Madden 25 if it is on Xbox One or PS4. Xbox 360 and PS3 will be $15.
See, this part has me tempted to order multiple copies of Madden 25 on Amazon. They have several copies in the $19-22 range, so I could grab a couple, trade both, and have $50 and one $10 coupon for the new game. The problem is that they might only let you do one $25 trade per-account, so I'm thinking I'll do one, then see what they say about a second.

See, this part has me tempted to order multiple copies of Madden 25 on Amazon. They have several copies in the $19-22 range, so I could grab a couple, trade both, and have $50 and one $10 coupon for the new game. The problem is that they might only let you do one $25 trade per-account, so I'm thinking I'll do one, then see what they say about a second.
That's what my thought process is as well. Would like to get it for around $40 day one so I'll wait and see if anyone has any success trading in multiple copies before I make the dive.

I picked up 2 copies used from GameStop, an xbone one and a ps4 one. Ideally I can just trade both in at the same time cuz I don't need 2 $10 coupons but getting $50 is really good. I'm sure each transaction will get you one coupon but there doesn't seem to be an actual limit on copies other than the usual for any game to prevent abuse. The base value will probably be $25 to make it easy

I picked up 2 copies used from GameStop, an xbone one and a ps4 one. Ideally I can just trade both in at the same time cuz I don't need 2 $10 coupons but getting $50 is really good. I'm sure each transaction will get you one coupon but there doesn't seem to be an actual limit on copies other than the usual for any game to prevent abuse. The base value will probably be $25 to make it easy
Agreed, that's what I'd expect as well. Just remember to kindly report back to us when you try it, so we can know if it's going to work or not.

I got 6 copies of CoD: Ghosts from 2 separate Targets. The first store the lady was super confused because the price went from $67 to $6. She thought the pre-order cards were gift cards, I told her about the promo and then she slowly handed them to me. At the second store the guy seem unphased by the price drop. He matched the games and when I gave him the pre-order cards he told me the total was $6. Traded 2 in to best buy for $11 each so far. Not sure what I do with the rest, maybe give them as gifts.

bread's done
Back