Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/10 to 8/16)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks $10 off the PS4 Camera ans Gold Wireless Headset.

18_t.gif
GameStop promotes a PC sale and 40% bonus credit offer.

kmart.gif
Kmart's reward members get $50 in points with purchase of an Xbox One with Kinect , $15 in points with Titanfall $49.99 (XB1), and/or $15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes (XB1) $29.99

icontarget.gif
Target knocks $35 off the combined purchase of a PS4 and PS+ and discounts $15 off any game $39.99 or higher when you pre-order any game for a $1.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us offers a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all Skylanders single figures, a 50% off sale on Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs, and $50 off a Wii U Skylanders Bundle.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: Save $10 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4

:ps4: Buy a Sony tv and a ps4 and get digital copies of: mlb 14 the show, knack, infamous 2nd son, and killzone shadow fall

:ps4: ps4 camera $49.99

:ps4: gold headset $89.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  UFC is $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  transformers $49.99 on ps4 & x1, $39.99 on ps3 & 360

:ps4: :xb1: lego movie game and lego hobbit $29.99 each (only shows ps4 & x1 versions)

:360: :ps3: gta v $39.99

:360: :ps3: cod ghosts $39.99

:360: :ps3: nba 2k14 or  wwe 2k14  $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
trade madden 25 on ps4/x1 and get $25 towards madden 15, or 360/ps3 versions get $15 towards it. plus $10 off certificate for it. so $35 off and $25 off i believe

iconbestbuy.gif
  get a free giants character when you buy any skylanders sky force character

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/16
18_t.gif
Buy a Disney Infinity Starter Set, get a free Playset

:360: :ps3: :pc: Borderlands 2 GOTY $24.99

:360: :ps3: :pc: Bioshock Infinite
18_t.gif
40% bonus credit for members who trade toward select titles
:pc: PC sales

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, inky1600 - See original post
kmart.gif
SYWR members get:

$50 in points with purchase of XBone with Kinect $499.99

$15 in points with purchase of Titanfall XBone $49.99

$15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes XBone $29.99

All points expire two weeks after purchase(no set end date this time-maybe this will become the norm going forward)

:xb1: In addition, $10 off XBone controller with purchase of any XBone console

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter- See original post

:ps4: Save $35 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4.

icontarget.gif
Save $15 ON ANY GAME $39.99 OR HIGHER WHEN YOU PREORDER A GAME FOR $1.

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
  BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL Skylanders single figures

icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% OFF ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs
:wiiu:  SAVE $50 on a Wii U Skylanders Bundle

Walmart (Ad)

nada

Last edited by a moderator:
Successfully purchased Madden 25 and Fighter Within for XB1 came in under $10 including tax.  Purchased a soundbar with the 2 games and handed the preorder in after the soundbar was scanned.  Electronics counter guy did the matching (Madden to Amazon 22.89 and Fighter to Amazon for 9.99).  Went to the next door Best Buy and will end up with Madden 15 and a $10 reward cert for $9.xx (triple trade bonanza credit).

I picked up WWE 2K14 last night for $11; no price match needed. Other then Madden are then any other games $39.99 on site, but cheaper in store. Madden didn't have the price slash tag it just looked like it was normally $29.99.

Price matched Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls to Walmart for $29.99. After preorder card cost and discount, red card discount and tax, a little over $16. Thanks CAG!

Successfully purchased Madden 25 and Fighter Within for XB1 came in under $10 including tax. Purchased a soundbar with the 2 games and handed the preorder in after the soundbar was scanned. Electronics counter guy did the matching (Madden to Amazon 22.89 and Fighter to Amazon for 9.99). Went to the next door Best Buy and will end up with Madden 15 and a $10 reward cert for $9.xx (triple trade bonanza credit).
You're lucky you got away with that. Those prices aren't sold by Amazon, they're sold by a third party and fulfilled by Amazon. If the guy was a stickler he could have stopped it right there.

You're lucky you got away with that. Those prices aren't sold by Amazon, they're sold by a third party and fulfilled by Amazon. If the guy was a stickler he could have stopped it right there.
I guess its YMMV, but my Target has always gone by the "Fulfilled by Amazon" tag. Several managers have told me as such for my location, so I was fairly confident they would let that slide, but then again the Electronics counter has PMd Newegg and Tigerdirect prices in the past for me.

[quote name="crazedracerguy" post="12003920" timestamp="1407874508"]Question - does Madden 25 for the One trade in at BB for $25 straight up or do you HAVE to preorder right there to get the 25?[/quote]
No preorder required just $25

Thx guys. Target chick was a stickler for sold by amazon, but let the preorder combine, so got it for 10.76. I need an X1 headset adapter for my X400s, so this halves my cost...

picked up two copies of madden 25 @ target today for $16 otd ($29.99 - $15 + $1 preorder card, no PMing) and traded each in separately at Best Buy and got $10 coupon plus $25 gc for each one.  Weird thing is it didn't give me 10% GCU bonus, didn't argue the point maybe the guy didn't press something.   It still takes like 5 minutes of furious typing for each trade in, forgot how slow Best Buy is at it.  I've traded in 5 copies no problems, 3 PS3 and 2 xbone.  All done for now, gonna trade em to family members for help with house work

Coupon does say it expires 8/30 and Madden 15 releases 8/26 so you won't have very long to pick it up.  The coupon also says not valid with any other coupon or deal, while I am 99.9% sure it will stack with GCU hopefully no problems there.  Also says only one coupon per transaction so if you are gonna buy multiple Maddens will have to do it in multiple checkouts.

hmm, debating whether i should get 3 copies of madden @ BB using my  B2G1 GCU welcome coupon for $50 total OTD then walk to my car to unwrap and trade them all back in, or pick up 3 copies @ target for $16 each, $50 OTD. 

picked up two copies of madden 25 @ target today for $16 otd ($29.99 - $15 + $1 preorder card, no PMing) and traded each in separately at Best Buy and got $10 coupon plus $25 gc for each one. Weird thing is it didn't give me 10% GCU bonus, didn't argue the point maybe the guy didn't press something. It still takes like 5 minutes of furious typing for each trade in, forgot how slow Best Buy is at it. I've traded in 5 copies no problems, 3 PS3 and 2 xbone. All done for now, gonna trade em to family members for help with house work

Coupon does say it expires 8/30 and Madden 15 releases 8/26 so you won't have very long to pick it up. The coupon also says not valid with any other coupon or deal, while I am 99.9% sure it will stack with GCU hopefully no problems there. Also says only one coupon per transaction so if you are gonna buy multiple Maddens will have to do it in multiple checkouts.
Does the trade-in go until the 30th, or does it end this Saturday? My eBay copy was SUPPOSED to be here Thursday, but the guy just shipped it today, and not it's saying it will arrive Friday.

Also, now I'm tempted to go pick up another copy at Target, if I don't have to PM to get it for $16. It's only the Bone version that's $30, right? The PS4 is $40?

It never ceases to amaze me how people just shrug off not getting the gcu bonus. You paid for it, so you should make sure you get it.

It never ceases to amaze me how people just shrug off not getting the gcu bonus. You paid for it, so you should make sure you get it.
Agreed, but at the same time, when I didn't get it, I wasn't really in the mood to be late to dinner and/or drive 15 minutes out of my way to go back for $3. However, if I take Madden in and they don't give me it right away, I'll have to remember to say something about it.

Just bought CoD ghosts for ps3, Dark Souls 2, and Zelda link to the past all for $46.03 tax included. I'm probably going to go back for more. 

Picked up diablo 3 reaper of souls, mario party 3ds x2. Roughly 45 bucks. Chick at customer service was cool about the deal and she was cool in general. Talked about heavy metal concerts we've gone to.

Thought about going in again for more but there's nothing I would want at the moment....besides kirby but it didnt work with promo.

picked up two copies of madden 25 @ target today for $16 otd ($29.99 - $15 + $1 preorder card, no PMing) and traded each in separately at Best Buy and got $10 coupon plus $25 gc for each one. Weird thing is it didn't give me 10% GCU bonus, didn't argue the point maybe the guy didn't press something. It still takes like 5 minutes of furious typing for each trade in, forgot how slow Best Buy is at it. I've traded in 5 copies no problems, 3 PS3 and 2 xbone. All done for now, gonna trade em to family members for help with house work

Coupon does say it expires 8/30 and Madden 15 releases 8/26 so you won't have very long to pick it up. The coupon also says not valid with any other coupon or deal, while I am 99.9% sure it will stack with GCU hopefully no problems there. Also says only one coupon per transaction so if you are gonna buy multiple Maddens will have to do it in multiple checkouts.
It seems best buy doesn't keep track of games you trade in or do they not care if you trade in multiple copies of the same game in 1 day? About the $10 coupon, do they automatically give you one for trading in madden 25 and you can only use it towards madden 15?

One of the Targets I went In today had Diablo Reaper of Souls for X1 on the shelf. I didn't even try. Figured they'd just cock block me.

It seems best buy doesn't keep track of games you trade in or do they not care if you trade in multiple copies of the same game in 1 day? About the $10 coupon, do they automatically give you one for trading in madden 25 and you can only use it towards madden 15?
they care, at least in my area they ask for drivers license and if you trade in more than 3 copies per platform (3 xbox one, 3 PS4) you will get banned from trading is what people say.

the coupon is good on madden 2015 only, any platform, and is valid 8/25 - 8/30 at any best buy. in store only, not online.

I lucked out and got a newbie Target customer service rep to pricematch the $22.98 third party price for Madden 25 (XB1) from Amazon, walked out with Madden 25 for $9.75 after doing the preorder card discount, then flipped it to Best Buy for $25. wooooo!

no, the dude got super lucky.  Best Buy's policy is that PMs remove GCU discount, and the register in fact automatically removes GCU discount when the cashier PMs.  No idea how slide got lucky on that one, or even how he found Disgaea vita in store since none around me have it (game came out today).

They could do this promo with any upcoming game this fall, COD Ghosts may be another good candidate.  No way to know until 3 weeks before they do it really.

no, the dude got super lucky. Best Buy's policy is that PMs remove GCU discount, and the register in fact automatically removes GCU discount when the cashier PMs. No idea how slide got lucky on that one, or even how he found Disgaea vita in store since none around me have it (game came out today).

They could do this promo with any upcoming game this fall, COD Ghosts may be another good candidate. No way to know until 3 weeks before they do it really.
Yeah, no best buys around me have Disgaea 4 vita either. I did the Madden 25 target/best buy flip deal, then ordered Disgaea off bestbuy.com.

FFX is $15 after promo. It was mentioned earlier in this thread.

So it's madden 25, FFX, & WWE2k14 that are under $39 and get the $15 off as is.

Just got Madden 25 price matched to 22 (amazon 3rd party seller) and then the 15 off.  Gonna trade it in to BB tomorrow to put a nice dent in the cost of an apple tv.

[quote name="saringhat" post="12004363" timestamp="1407883630"]It seems best buy doesn't keep track of games you trade in or do they not care if you trade in multiple copies of the same game in 1 day? About the $10 coupon, do they automatically give you one for trading in madden 25 and you can only use it towards madden 15?[/quote]
The associate at best buy told me 3 identical titles per day. When I had a issue with a trade in I contacted corporate and after a few transfers someone from the trade in area called me back. He said I had questionable trade in history because I traded in more than 3 identical titles in a 12 month period. So it doesn't matter what the store associates allow corporate is watching the customers instead of training the associates.

Just picked up the last Madden 25 (XB1) at the Fields-Ertel Target in Cincinnati, FYI.  

The electronics counter was very cool about it but had me come to Customer Service for the Amazon price match.  They PMed Madden down to 22.98 (3rd party - yay) and MLB The Show down to 39.  But then when it came time for the manager approval, that lady was not liking me (long-ish hair) or the PM in general.  Figured that the pre-order $15 was dead with her but then she ran off and left it to someone else to do the $1 pre-orders.  $37 total for both out the door and then already dealt Madden back to BB.  

Nice week for CAGs fo' sho'.  

Kinda new to this, was under the assumption it was games 39.99 or higher as my store has it labeled 29.99?
Are you new to reading too? Please save the space and take the 10-15mins to read the pages. Read backwards if you like to find the most relevant answers.

For now, some games have been reduced to less than $39 by Target. These games also give u the $15 off as is. Since the original price is $39. They will go up after the week or whenever.

[quote name="jwhit2736" post="12004734" timestamp="1407890906"]How you guys getting 15 off madden when it's 29.99[/quote]the trick is to get 3 pre order cards so $45 comes off and target gives us $15 back

just add magnum XXXXL king dong condoms to your basket, the cashier will be so impressed they will let you PM to any price you want

-from the frank reynolds shopping guide

I'm tempted to scan every game in the case, no matter the price but I need to find the time to do so and an agreeable associate.

I already know the games over $39 work but what about the others that are priced lower now? Like Animal Crossing or Mario Bros 2. The system may have glitches that nobody knows about.

I'm tempted to scan every game in the case, no matter the price but I need to find the time to do so and an agreeable associate.

I already know the games over $39 work but what about the others that are priced lower now? Like Animal Crossing or Mario Bros 2. The system may have glitches that nobody knows about.
If the game is listed as a "price cut" and was over 39.99 it will. If the price is below that normally it wont work.

Madden 25 is a "price cut" in the system so thats why it works.

I lucked out and got a newbie Target customer service rep to pricematch the $22.98 third party price for Madden 25 (XB1) from Amazon, walked out with Madden 25 for $9.75 after doing the preorder card discount, then flipped it to Best Buy for $25. wooooo!
Why go to all that hassle for $2 bucks. Its two lousy dollars.

bread's done
Back